No announcement yet.

I want to run away but have no where to go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm planning to run away but the problem is I'm only twelve so I have no money and obviously I can't get a job I know what you must be thinking "your just a kid who is overreacting" or "you don't have any reason to run away" but. The thing is lets start from the beginning my mom had me at 16 I was an accident and then she split from my dad I never loved my mom here's why firstly she'd beat me for stuff like having an accident in bed but I was just a baby and plus I couldn't help it her boyfriend who I told her over and I over I didn't like and who also abused her was rapeing me and he just stopped last year. I never told her because she was in love with him plus he always threatened us and told me not to one day he said he would shoot up the whole house so I got scared and told the school what he said and my mom yelled at me and got mad at me. Than he got my mom pregnant and guess what I have been raising my little sister since she was born! I have saved her life twice! And you know what she says to me? She tells me she hates me and she wants me to leave and then when I say that stuff back I'm the bad guy who gets in trouble. She even gets in my face and hits me yet my mother beats me and yells at me when I hit back or scream at her to stop! Also I have to clean the whole house it's not fair it's never been fair I'm suicidal and have trust issues and social anxiety plus in school I get bullied so I have low self esteem I cry myself to sleep and I dont even have control of my emotions anymore it's to much to handle I have mental breakdowns and nobody notices I tried to tell my friends but they didn't believe me and the boys at school bully me to because they found out how? Because my so called best friend told them plus my mom takes her anger out on me and it's not fair I'm just a kid I didn't ask to be born I wish I was dead I have been wishing for death since I was ********ing nine years old this ******** isn't normal it's sad and its not right! Nobody will help me or believe me I have nowhere to go no money I'm to young for a job and I'm ether gonna kill myself or wind up suffering forever and I don't wanna suffer so PLEASE I'm begging if there's any safe places you know of where cps won't be involved can anyone please help me

Comment

• ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Your story is devastating and we understand that it takes great courage to share the way you have. You have been through a lot and we want you to know that you are a very strong individual.
      We respect that you would not like to get CPS involved. If you would like to make a report in the future please do not hesitate to call us and we can help you do so over a conference call. Finding shelter for you may be tough because you are young but it is not impossible. If you call into our hot line we will do our best to find you runaway or youth programs in your area that may be able to help you. You mention being suicidal. We want you to know that we take you seriously and are here in your time of need. If you feel like you are in danger of harming yourself please reach out to the police/911 immediately. If you would like to talk to people who specialize in your situation you can reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1800-273-8255. We prioritize your safety. Your overall well-being is very important to us as well you mention emotional issues as well as being bullied. Talking with someone in the mental health field may help you sort through everything you have to go through. One resource to do that is to reach out to the National Alliance on Mental Illness or NAMI at 1800-950-NAMI, or to text NAMI to 741741.
      We are open 24/7 to help or to talk. You can reach us by phone at 1800-RUNAWAY, or chat with us at 1800runaway.org. Take care of yourself.
      -NRS

I just turned 18 a few months ago and i cant stand how I've been treated by my parents my whole life I've been trying to run away since i was 16 but i have no whers to go and not enogh money is there shelters i can stay at. I will be going to college this fall and i want to study and get a career, but not here i want somewhere to go.

Comment

• ccsmod16
      ccsmod16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey
      Thank you for reaching out to us. It seems like this has been a frustrating situation for a long time and now you are an adult but still feel stuck. That has to be hard. Congratulations on going to college, it can be a wonderful opportunity and it sounds like you want to take full advantage of that and gain freedom from your parents as well.
      Yes shelters are an option for you. In a town large enough for a college there is probably one in the area. If you can you should try looking for what is known as a Transitional Living Program. A TLP is longer term and some will provide job support, or one on one counseling to help you get and stay on your feet.
      Alternatively if you have friends who will be going to the same college that might be willing to let you stay with them. Or even other family in the area who you feel comfortable with as well. Your college itself may have a program to assist with housing, or homelessness and could be worth contacting.
      It seems like you are taking steps to improve your life, and have been in a stifling situation for a long time now. It seems like if you can stay strong for a bit longer and get a stable foothold you can get out of that situation in a safe and secure manner. If you have more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us online, or on the phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

hello im 23 year old muslim girl. i live in new york. i cant stand the house that i live in, i cant be the person i want to be here. everytime i enter this house i feel likw i have to walk on egg shells when im talking or moving. i want to leave but i dont know how. if i leave my family will be looking for me and if they find me theyre going to marry me off like they did to my cousin. if i leave ill be leaving everybody i know behind, all my friends all my family and my coworkers. they make me feel like im wrong and im a mistake. i cant stay here but i dont know where to go.

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’ve been coping with a lot and reaching out is a great first step. No one should have to walk on egg shells while at home. Home should be a place you feel comfortable and safe.
      Generally speaking, at 23 you are usually considered a legal adult and can make your own life decisions including where you live. So if you left home it legally would be moving out rather than running away. We can help you make a plan for how to deal with your situation and help you find resources to land on your feet. Having a plan for where you will live and how you will survive once you move out can be very helpful. Moving can be a huge step, and you don’t have to be alone. Some steps you can take towards independence might be to find employment if you don’t have an income, or to save up money for moving expenses. It can also be helpful to research rents in your area, find a roommate, or make a budget. Another thing you might want to consider is what kinds of things you depend on your parents for currently such as tuition expenses for school, or health insurance, and whether they would continue to provide those things after you leave. There may be social service agencies in your area that can help meet some of these needs, such as Transitional Living Programs, a kind of shelter where young adults can live and get services to help them transition to independent living.

Here at NRS, we want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe and stay strong,

NRS

So i have read a few of these and some of thes people i kinda relate too. I live in a state where there is little care for health and protection. I am almost 16 yrs old in a few weeks and im have been struggling for a little while with my parents. I kinda think my parents are bipolar because one minute they tell me they love me and the second time they scream and blame me and my sisters for everything. We have had many arugments but i guess the lastest ones have pushed over the edge. I have thought about running away for the longest time but i always chicken out. If i call thd police and ask to be removed they probably would do nothing to help, if i tell a friend or someone i trust they will probably stop me by telling someone. I already looked at shelters and a few days away will make everything worse. They stop letting me see my friends because they have a issue with everyone of them and they consistently make me or my sisters seems we are responsible for every bad thing that happens to them. Im tired and have considering dying, self harming myself, or just living with someone else, but i just dont to know what to do anymore. I know im seeing kind fake by posting this so others can see but im trying to reach out this one time before i do something stupid.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      : Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to NRS and having the strength to share your story with us. We are sorry to hear about your situation and what you’ve been dealing with. You’ve been very courageous to reach out for help and try your best despite the circumstances.

You have mentioned some of the things that your parents have been doing to you and your sisters. You have the right to live in a safe place, and while we do not know much about your situation, if you wanted to talk more about child abuse reporting or wanted support, calling Child Help (National Child Abuse Hotline) 1-800-422-4453 could be a resource for learning what reporting would look like.

Although NRS is not a legal agency, we can try to give a general idea of possible outcomes if you were to run away. If you are considered a minor in your state, you are still under your parents’ guardianship, therefore at any point when you are gone, they are legally within their rights to file a runaway report. Being a runaway is a status offense, and while you would not be charged with a crime, if police came across you, they would probably return you home. They could also potentially press charges against people who took you into their care for “harboring a runaway;” these charges would be misdemeanors, but still criminal offenses. Your safety is a priority. If you felt like you needed to leave, we would encourage you to consider how you would safely do so, take care of your needs (eating, sleeping, healthcare), and how you would care for your safety if something were to happen.

Coping with all that is going on can be difficult. Your feelings are valid and it is natural to require an outlet for everything that is going on with you. Other outlets besides self harm could be engaging in a relaxing activity, whether it is going out on walks, journaling, listening to music, or something else is up to you.If you attend school and haven't already, reaching out to support staff like counselors for resources and support is also an option.

You matter. If you felt like you were in danger of significantly harming yourself and wanted to reach out, you could also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 for support in addition to you 9-1-1.

If you would like to talk about other resources and support, feel free to call our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or use our Live Chat.

We hope this information was helpful and take care.
      National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Hi im 14 and me and my neighbor are emotionally and physically abused by our parents and want to run away but we only have limited food and nowhere to go what do we do

Comment

• ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      It takes a lot of resilience to endure the kinds of living situations you are experiencing, and we commend you and your friend for reaching out to us for help. Running away is a difficult feat and requires a lot of considerations that we are sure you have already thought about. It is difficult for us to recommend any action without knowing a little more about you. If you want to talk about this more at length, please don’t hesitate to call us at our hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY or to chat with us at 1800runaway.org. If you feel like you are in danger at home, Child Help, reachable at childhelp.org and 1-800-422-4453, is the national child abuse hotline and they can help you with understanding the reporting process or discuss your options with you.

So im 13 and my friend and we both want to run away. My mother emotionally abuses me and sometimes physically and its been like this my whole life she did the same to my sister and my sister ran away at 14 and didnt come home for 2 years and even now she dosent live with us. My friends parents are neglectful and she really hates her life here so do i we both want to run away and we have started making a plan but we dont behave anywhere to go. Is it better to be run away to a small town or a large city?

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We're sorry to hear about all that has been going on for you and your friend and we would want both of you to know that you deserve to feel safe and happy in your homes. We understand that it takes a great deal of courage to seek help. You mentioned you both experiencing abuse and neglect which may be reportable against your parents. Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise. That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share. Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead. The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at (1-800-422-4453) or www.childhelp.org may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made.

We are not legal experts, but we can tell you that because you both are minors, if you leave and your parents file a runaway report, you could be returned home. There could also be legal consequences for whomever you both stay with for what is called harboring a runaway. If you want a liner to help you walk through other options like us mediating a conference call between you and your parents or thinking through possible adults that you could turn to or could advocate for you, don't hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Best,

NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hello. I want to run away because my mom is kind of being mean and doesn’t understand me. Whenever I tell someone they always say oh it’s because she loves you. But they don’t know what could really be going on she is getting me mad, I’m setting that anger on everybody else and then everyone is made at me. She sometimes hits me, or calls me bad words or even calls me *****. I have my grandmother but she will just send me back over to my mom. My mom doesn’t listen to anyone she just got married to my stepdad and is acting like a little jerk. I want to go to my real dad but he is to far and I don’t really like him. So if anyone can help me that would be great. I live in Virginia and so like I said it would be very nice for someone to help me.!?!?!?
        Last edited by ccsmod7; 09-30-2018, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for reaching out to us at NRS.

It sounds like you’re feeling frustrated and overwhelmed, which is understandable. First of all, it is never ok for a parent to hit you or call you names, no matter what. You always have the option to report this abuse to authorities. You can do this by telling a teacher at school, calling the police, or the reporting hotline in your area. Child Help is a 24/7 hotline who can answer questions about reporting and connect you with local resources. They’re available at 1-800-422-4453.

Because you’re going through a lot right now, it’s also important to make sure you are taking care of yourself and have someone you can talk to about how you’re feeling. That can be a school counselor, a therapist, a friend or a relative or other adult you trust.

We at NRS are here for you 24/7 at 1-800-786-2929 if you would like to brainstorm some options, or find resources in your area like counselors or youth shelters.
          Stay strong, NRS

My reasons for running away may seem dumb and pathetic, but sometimes I feel like I want to kill myself. But I know that is taking things too far, so i want to run away. Sometimes my mom will yell at me for no reason, and adores my little brother. My biological dad abandoned me and my mom, and I feel like I remind my mom of him and she hates that. She hates me, and yells at me when something bad happens. Sometimes she calls me names and other things that hurt, and I just hate being home. I don't have a lot of friends, and my judges me and the friends I have now. My friends feel like my family, they actually show me love unlike my mom. I just want to runaway and cool off but I don't have anywhere to go. My best friend is willing to help, but she moved to another state and can't come to my state. I always feel alone, and ive been planning to run away but I'm afraid my mom will find me and get angry with, and I don't want to scare my step-dad and little brother.

Comment

• ccsmod15
          ccsmod15 commented
          Editing a comment
          It can be difficult to reach out for help, and we are so glad you messaged us today. You do not deserve to be treated this way, and your life is worth living. If you are ever in immediate danger from yourself or others, calling 911 is always an option. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is another option (1-800-273-8255.)

Your reasons for running away are not dumb or pathetic. It sounds like you have some great friends that provide you with support and love. In addition to being available by bulletin, we have a 24/7 hotline and are here to provide additional support and resources: 1-800-786-2929. If you are interested in exploring filing a runaway report and or finding a shelter to stay in, or additional resources, we can help.

It sounds like staying at home is really difficult but you do not know where to go and fear the consequences. We can help you think through your options.Do not hesitate to call.

Good Luck,
          NRS

• I'm 14,

and I want to run away from my family. I don't know how or where to go but I'm leaving soon, I can't take the pain anymore. they're going to vouch for my brother when he told me to kill myself, they didn't stop him at all. when I cut my arm, my mom got angry and tried to break the door down, she took my razor blades and now I can't close the door. she told me to leave the house and get out of her face, I couldn't because I didn't have the right clothing. it's night time, I need to start packing.

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there, thanks for reaching out. Sounds like you have had an incredibly hurtful night. It is beyond not okay that your brother told you to kill yourself and that your parents support him saying that. Your life should not be taken for granted like that, it has so much worth and value. It sounds like you are planning on leaving during the night tonight. Here at NRS, we are concerned for your safety and want to be a support for you during this difficult time. If you call us, we can look for the nearest runaway and homeless and runaway youth shelter for you to go to. Or you might reach out to trusted friends or extended family to see if you can stay with them. We can also call out to police with you if you are feeling like you are in immediate danger being at home. Nothing is more important than your safety. We also can report the emotional abuse with you to child protective services if that is something you are interested in.

Please know that you are not alone and we are just a phone call away. You can also always reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 or www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Please be safe and reach out soon by phone or chat so that we may help.

Take care,

NRS

• Hi, I'm 14 and i want to run away, i feel like i am a disappointment to my parents, last night my parents told me they would trade anything in the world to get rid of me... obviously i can't get a job and i don't have any money... i don't know where to go. Do i just stay with a friend? i still want to go to the same school i just don't want to live at home anymore. I'm tired of causing everyone pain and regret not to mention disappointment.Please tell me what i can do.

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for reaching out to NRS we appreciate the fact that you have reached out to us in order to seek help. Our hope is to provide you with resources and tips to make the best of your situation.
          Though we are not legal experts from what we can tell you is that you are a minor. As far as running away from home, since you are a minor, your parent’s can call the police and make a runaway report which would allow the police to come get you if your parents or police knew where you were. Perhaps asking them to let you live with other people might help you live in the area and still go to school in your area. You would need paperwork that you can obtain from the police so that your parents can sign off consent that you would be elsewhere instead of home.Know that your life has matter no matter what anyone says. There are people who care and want to help.
          Again we want to thank you for seeking us out. Our hope is that we have given you enough options to explore in order to best help you in your time of stress and hardship. If you have any questions or concerns that might come up please do not hesitate to call us at (1-800-786-2929) or use our chat option online at (www.1800runaway.org). We hope you can find a solution to the matter at hand.
          Best Wishes- NRS

• I'm 14,

i want to run away from home but i don't know where to go. Do i just stay with a friend? I don't have any money and i can't get a job right now. I still want to go to school. i just don't want to live at home anymore, my parents say im a disappointment. they said they would trade anything in the world to get rid of me. i'm tired of causing my family pain, regret, and disappointment. Tell me where and how i can go please, i want to leave soon.

Comment

• i want to run away i just don't know where to go, and im only 14 and i have no money, and i can't get a job. what do i do? where do i go? do i just stay with a friend?

Comment

• ccsmod9
            ccsmod9 commented
            Editing a comment
            If you have contacted NRS today through another means (for example, live chat, email or bulletin) for the same issue, it would be helpful to let us know that you have already contacted us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services.
            Best of luck,
            NRS

• ccsmod9
            ccsmod9 commented
            Editing a comment
            If you have contacted NRS today through another means (for example, live chat, email or bulletin) for the same issue, it would be helpful to let us know that you have already contacted us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services.
            Best of luck,
            NRS

• Hello! I just really wish I could run away but here is my problem. I’m in 8th grade and if I were to try and go where I wanted (France) I’d have to have a passport or a visa and a plane ticket. I don’t have that type of money and I was looking forward to being an exchange student and eventually live down there after school. But I’m really in need of it because my dad always abuses me in some sort of way. He always thinks I’m lying but I am not so he hits me and spanks me. My mom smokes and curses and yells at me for no reason. I have asthma and she makes me cough and cry A LOT but she doesn’t care about my health. I apparently have a “bad attitude” just because I don’t appreciate what she does even though I say thank you and I love her..
          I get bullied because of my race, weight, how I talk, etc. (I go to school with mostly whites) and I just can’t take it. I told my dad to contact the suicide prevention line for me but he said I’ll be okay and I’m noticing I will be if I can at least get one thing I want.. I want to move to France, go to school in France and make new friends, hobbies, etc. to speak French which I have to teach myself because my teachers won’t let me take those classes in school. I understand I can’t get anything I want but it’s to the point where they control every single thing I do. I can’t stay up past 9, I can’t have friends that are boys unless they live where I live and go to my school so they can shoot them, I need to get rid of all negative things in my life, I can’t wear the clothes my parents bought me because I’m a girl and girls should always wear clothes that cover their butt (in their words, I have to wear a big jacket so you can’t see any curves from any angle)
          One last thing! I know all of the stuff I said is not important and you probably can’t do anything about it but I wanted to tell you how I feel because my friends will be blabber mouths and call the police and have me meet with them for the 2nd time this month although the first time was for a good cause and I don’t have anyone else to tell.

Comment

• ccsmod2
            ccsmod2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi There,
            Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we appreciate that you had the strength to tell a little of your story to us. It sounds like you are going through a really frustrating time right now. You mentioned that your dad always abuses you in some sort of way, you do not deserve to be abused. Any type of abuse is unacceptable and you should not have to deal with that. If you would like to make a child abuse report you may call The Child Help Line at: 1800-422-4453. We know sometimes it can be scary to make a report, if you would like you can give us a call and we would be more than happy to help you make a report. You also mentioned that you were looking forward to becoming an exchange student and living in France. You could see if your school has a student exchange program, and see if you could go to France through your school. If they do not have a program you could wait until you are in high school or college, often times colleges or high schools have exchange programs. We are sorry your teachers do not allow French classes in school, there are online classes where you could learn French or YouTube videos may also help. If you are attending school you may consider talking to a school counselor about your situation and they may be able to provide you with resources. Also you could speak to your school nurse about your asthma and how the smoke is affecting it in a bad way. Also we are glad you told us how you feel we are here to listen to you and provide support. If you have any other questions or would like to talk more feel free to give us a call at any time we are available 24/7. Stay strong you are not alone.
            NRS

• I wanna run away because my mom is selfish she takes everything away from me for no reason and if I get a B+ on my grades she gets pissed I am 11 yrs old bout to be 12 in dec. 25 and my life is trash i have no where to go and no money

Comment

• ccsmod6
            ccsmod6 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that your mother has not been treating you fairly. It sounds like you are a good kid who is working hard and that you deserve to be heard by your mom. If you want to talk about what running away might look like and how to prepare for it or if you want to talk about strategies for interacting with your mother in an effective way, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on our 24/7 hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY or on chat at 1800runaway.org.
        Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X