No announcement yet.

I want to run away but have no where to go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I’m 12 and I don’t feel like my family really loves me the way they love my brothers and I’ve always wanted that amazing mother daughter realationship but I’ve lied to my mom a lot so now she doesn’t trust me and I just fell like I’m in a hole and this is the only way out. I planed this for a long time but never could because weather or not they do I love them and they are my family. I don’t have any where to go either. Should I stay or go????

Please help

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey,
      Thank you for sharing some of what you’re going through. Family relationships are always complicated—as you mentioned, despite everything you do love your family. It is possible (maybe even likely!) that your family feels that same love for you. It might not be too late to try and build that mother-daughter relationship you crave; you are young and there really is still time to do that. One thing you could consider is asking your mom to see a counselor with you. Another thing you could try is writing her a letter about how you’ve been feeling—it could be that she doesn’t realize how she affects you. Perhaps together you can work out a way for her to support you better so that you feel loved. You might consider setting up times for you and your mom to do stuff together—maybe once a week or every day at a certain time. Regarding running away, since you are a minor your parents would have the right to file a runaway report and if the police find you they will return you home. Leaving may not be the best solution, though it’s up to you.
      Thank you again for reaching out. We hope this was helpful and we encourage you to reach out by phone if you need additional resources or need help figuring out your options. Our number is 1-800-786-2929 and our lines are always open. If you have a moment, we'd appreciate your feedback of our crisis services at the following link:
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
      Stay safe!

Hi I'm 17 years old and i don't feel safe at my home my brother is crazy and i don't feel loved anymore i get called names all the time by my family they tell me they love me but they do the same things all over again I've had my breaking point i can't do it no more im depressed and i cut my wrists i know its not good but this house is so depressing i have no friends where i live so i stay in my house in my depressed room and when i want to do things my mom says no no one knows what i deal with my brother told me he's the reason why he doesn't want to wake up in the morning and that hurt me but my mom sticking up for him said it was just a joke but it wasn't im done with this famile and all there bs i want to leave this place i want to die or get out of this house please get me out of here its so depressing

Comment

• ccsmod11
      ccsmod11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thanks a ton for reaching out to us today. We're glad you reached out for some help because it shows real bravery, and we want to help you get out of what sounds like a difficult situation.

Because you mention self-harm, we want to let you know about a resource devoted to supporting people who self-harm: twloha.com. Additionally, samhsa.gov can help you locate mental health providers in your area. You also mention you want to die, so we invite you to talk with us about your situation, and we can help you brainstorm strategies for coping with your situation that are hopefully healthier than self-harm and contemplating suicide/death. We also can help you locate resources that can help runaways stay safe, and evaluate your plan to determine whether it seems realistic or dangerous. If you would like us to provide you those services, please call us at 1-800-786-2929, or use our chat which is accessible from 1800runaway.org

Best,
      NRS

I also want to run away but i don't know where to go can I get help my dad ********ed my life up he pulled me and hit me i am crying and I cant breath can you help me

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
      It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, you can call 911 and seek emergency assistance immediately. If it might be an option for you, you can call Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can help provide you more information about filing an abuse report. Talking to another family member and exploring your options can also be helpful in many situations.
      You are not alone in this and we are here to support you through this challenging time. If it might be an option for you, you can call us at our 24 hour confidential hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY(786-2929) or live chat with us and we will be happy to just listen to you, explore your options and provide any resources.
      You are acting strong by reaching out for help in this hard situation. We wish you the best and hope to hear from you soon.

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Be safe,
      NRS

My husband is divorcing me and has kicked me out of his house I have two daughter one is his. I don’t have any family and I just want to runaway I’m so depressed I don’t want to talk and writing this makes me feel so stupid

Comment

• ccsmod11
      ccsmod11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us today to talk about these problems. It sounds like you're going through a really difficult divorce and may be experiencing homelessness now. If this is so, we can try to help you find homeless shelters, even if you are an adult. Just call us at 1-800-786-2929. We also can try to find you mental health providers, or we can try to help you in these trying times over the phone.

Best,
      NRS

I’m 17 years old about to be 18 in a couple of months ! I don’t want to be at home because I feel like I’m. It loves & my parents think I’m not going to make it no where I make good grades i have 2 jobs idk what all they want me to do but as of rn I’m leaving I can’t take it no more

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes courage to seek. We are sorry to hear about the way your parents have been treating you. It sounds like you are very hard working and independent. It seems like you plan on leaving home. If you leave home without permission your parents have the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report, if the police find you they may return you home. Running away isn't illegal but if you decide to stay with a friend they could get charged with harboring a runaway. However, some police do not accept runaway report for 17 year old's. You could contact your local police department to ask about their runaway policy. If you need assistance finding a space place to stay, please contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email,or live chat.

hi,i really want to runaway but i have nowhere to go and im only 10.latly ive been having thoughts of killing myself.i am phisicaly abused i mean i know ive done some things but my mom will beat the hell out of me more than enough .no, i havent did self harm,there have been nights where me and my sister just want to run away.by the way my name is lauryn.i just need some one to talk to

Comment

• ccsmod11
      ccsmod11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Lauryn,

Thanks for reaching out. It definitely sounds like you and your sister are having some issues at home and we hope that we can help. You definitely don't deserve to be beat by your mother for any reason, and that this has happened is not your fault. We can report this to child protective services if you want us to. Additionally, we can talk to you about your suicidal thoughts and try to get you some professional help for these feelings. Please call 911 if you think you are an immediate danger to yourself. Please call us to receive any sort of services we've mentioned, and of course, we're available 24/7 to talk to (1-800-786-2929).

Best,
      NRS

Hello I’m 13 and I was bullied for 3 years gladly the bullying had stop at school but the bullying goes on I really don’t like bringing anything about the bullying but my MOM is the main reason I want to run away my dad has cancer and that I care bout him so much I get physically abused and emotionally I hate home and I want to leave please help me! ASAP

Comment

• ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We are here to listen and hopefully we can help. It seems like you have been experiencing a lot of things at home that make you want to leave home often.

You mentioned being caught for running away many times. We are not legal experts but typically when you run away it is something known as a status offense. This means that you usually would not be put into a detention center but would be taken back home. However, if your parent or legal guardian has taken steps and put a MINS or CHINS act in place due to you running away several times, there may actually be some sort of a consequence for leaving. Something to keep in mind is that these consequences may or may not be in your parent or guardians control. You may want to check to see if that is the case before you chose to leave. It seems like you are concerned about the possibility of the consequences, possibly talking with your family or someone you trust about what is going on that makes you want to run away may help. Also you can always call in to us at 1800-RUNAWAY to explore this as well.

Again, thank you for reaching out to the NRS. You can contact us at 1800-RUNAWAY or at 1800ruanawy.org for more assistance. Best of luck.

-NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello there, thanks for reaching out today. Sounds like you are going through so much between the bullying in in the past, your dad having cancer, and your mom physically and emotionally abusing you at home. You must be extremely strong and resilient for enduring all of that. You do not deserve to he harmed and should be able to feel safe if your own home. Here at NRS, we truly want to help.

You mentioned being physically and emotionally abused at home. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to Child Protective Services (CPS). Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody. If you would like assistance reporting the abuse at home, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

If you would like to talk through your situation and help with brainstorming your options, please call or chat us. We can provide support and look for safe places for you to go.

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best,

NRS

Ok so awhile back I stole some guns and got grounded and now my mom is always mad at me yelling telling me to do every single chores in the house while my brother beats me up and sits there on his game playing and I sit in my room ik my mom loves him more I live close to my school and ik how to get to my friends house but it's kinda far should I run away to my friends house or wait till my aunt comes for the 4th of July and can take me to her house but I kinda don't wanna leave all of my friends behind what should I do plz help

Comment

• ccsmod11
      ccsmod11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you're not in the best situation. Your brother definitely should not be beating you up. We're not going to tell you what to do, but you may want to consider which of the plans you describe will keep you the most safe. You may want to ask yourself if you think your aunt would be able to provide you stabler housing than your friend would, even if she lives apart from your current friends. Additionally, you may want to talk to us directly to learn more about the legal consequences for running away (1-800-786-2929), or search these forums to see what we've generally said about runaway laws. We also want to address your comment about stealing guns. Of course we don't know what you planned on doing with those guns, but if you feel like you are a danger to yourself or others at any point, you should call the police immediately.

Best,
      NRS

Hello whoever is reading this.

I am 14 and I want to run away. Now my reason may not be as severe, but it is a problem for me that i can't put up with anymore. For me, everyday life has become a sin. My parents aren't the worst people, but they do make me feel unloved, worthless, and not good enough. I am from a strict family who expects nothing other than greatness and it's hard you know? I am a identical twin and whenever I do even the slightest bit worse than her, that means that I am a retard. Along with her, I have 2 older sisters. Both leave me out and treat me like garbage. My dad is a stubborn man and throws things when he is mad. I don't want to live like this. I wanna be able to be accepted no matter my grades. I wanna be able to be able normal teenager. I do have money I've been saving for 5 years and clothes and all of the nessities. And tuning away from my reality seemed better than ending it completely. So what should I do?

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like living at home right now is really tough and it can be difficult when there is so much pressure to be great. If you haven’t already, it may be good to talk to your parents directly about how you are feeling.
      It can be difficult to know how to talk to your parents and express your feelings about how you are feeling. We would encourage you to reach out to a trusted adult, teacher, relative, and friend that you can talk to and potentially help you mediate a conversation with your parents about your current situation. At NRS, we do offer a service call conference calling, where you can call into our hotline and then we would reach out to your guardian and help advocate for you, help you express the needs of to your parents.
      We aren’t legal experts, but we have general knowledge about running away. In most states, running away isn’t illegal, but what is called a status offense. You can’t get arrested for it but it will mostly likely go on your record until you are 18. The police will only know if you have runaway if your parents/guardians file a police report. We can’t say for sure how the police will respond, but we hear a lot that police will take potential places you might be and will actively search for you. If they come across you, the most likely will return you home to your parents. Sometimes we hear that if you are staying with someone who knows you are a runaway and are not actively trying to return you or finding shelter for you, your guardians/or police can press charges against the people who are housing you, with something that is called harboring. One of our main goals is to make sure you are safe, so if you ever seriously decide to run away and need shelter, resources, or a safe place to go you can find safe locations at nationalsafeplace.org or reach out to us directly and we can find local resources in your area.
      We are here for you and will support you in anyway that we can. Please feel free to call into us directly as we can talk further about your situation and find resources that are best for you in your area. Stay strong and you are not alone in this! Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY we are open 24/7.

-NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey.

Tell us what you think about your experience!

I want to run away but I feel very scared to hurt my family members. But it’s like no matter how many times I try to talk to them about how I feel, arguments and things with them never get better. My mom and Dad split when I was young and I carry all their emotional baggage on my shoulders. I just want to give up. Last year I tried to kill myself but I survived. Since then I just can’t get over my feeling of dread, like I need to leave. My mom use to physically hurt me a lot but now she only does it every once in awhile. My dad is very sick and can’t take care of me, I barely ever talk to him anymore. I live with my grandma and she always makes me feel bad about my dad, and somehow makes it seem like it’s my fault my dad is very very ill. I am so stuck and I don’t know what to do

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are having a very tough time at home, but you are very strong and this is a great first step. Talking about something like this must be hard, and we appreciate your seeking help. Its sounds so difficult to feel blamed for an illness that is not your fault and you deserve to feel safe and happy at home.

Have you considered talking to someone, even the authorities, about your mom’s physical behavior towards you? You don’t deserve to be physically, emotionally, or mentally hurt. School counselors and other trusted adults are here to listen, and can help you report situations like those. If you feel safe doing so, you could even bring up how you feel with your grandma. Another resource that could be of help is Child Help, the National Child Abuse Hotline, 1-800-422-4452, childhelp.org. Also, the Suicide Prevention Line can be reached at 1-800-273-8255, suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

You mentioned wanting to leave and depending on where you live and how old you are, that process may be affected. Another option you may have is filing for emancipation. While sometimes an expensive and lengthy procedure, emancipation grants a “minor” with the privileges of being an adult if they can prove they can support themselves and are leaving a bad environment.

Again, thank you for reaching out and feel free to call us anytime at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we are toll-free and confidential, lines open 24/7.
      Good luck, NRS

I want to run away. My reason is a little bit more heartbreaking then others. The people who gave me life are the ones who want to take it away from me. If you don't get it yet, it means my parents are trying to take it away from me. My parents have physically and emotionally abused me and throughout my life. They make me feel as if I am a worthless piece of sh*t and its whatever. I wanted to take my own life but then i realized I would only be giving in on their demands. And that would mean they are winning. I don't want my life to end because there are people out there who want me to end it. I want my life to mean something. So I have decided to run away. But I am scared to do it alone. I know the essentials i need to survive in the streets, I mean anything is better than having to live everyday scared that this day could be your last. I am prepared to take the challenges because I deserve them. I made the decision to change my life as I know it drastically so I might as well will up to the hardships of it. However I still have no idea where to go. I need some help.
    Last edited by ccsmod5; 07-18-2018, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thanks so much for reaching out. It sounds like you’ve been going through a lot, and it can be very difficult to ask for help. First, it’s important that you know that it’s not okay to be abused, and you don’t deserve that. If you feel comfortable, you can contact the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453 to make an abuse report. And if you are ever in immediate danger, you can call 911.

It makes total sense that you want your life to mean something, and it’s so important that you have not committed suicide and are still here to talk to us. If you ever do feel suicidal again, you can contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. You and your life are important. It’s great that you’ve been thinking carefully about how you’d survive if you decided to run away. If you’re seriously considering it, it might be good to talk to friends or relatives or other people you could stay with, so you’d have a safe place to stay. These are also good people to talk to about the abuse you’ve been dealing with and everything else that’s been troubling you at home.

Thanks again for reaching out.

I want to runaway and I am 12 but I have nowhere to go. If I go to a place I would get recognized/noticed that I am on my own. The reason I want to leave is that every day I cry because I mostly get grounded, yelled at, and being told to do lots of things that a maid would do. My sisters never get scolded or screamed at whenever they don’t do as what they are told but if I make one little mistake like I forgot to down the trash, my mom would go yelling at me and comparing me to other kids of my age who are better than me. It is hard for me at home because I babysit my little brother a lot and if I’m babysitting him and he hurts himself like slipped on water and started crying, my mom would scream at me telling me how stupid I am and careless, to grow up and how irresponsible I am. Mostly I think about running away. I cry everyday and voice of my mom yelling at me telling me I’m a disappointment and a burden would get stuck in my head. If I run away where can I go where I won’t get recognized I ran away?

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are sorry to hear about the way your mom has been treating you. It sounds like you want to runaway, having a plan about where you would go and how you would take care of yourself is important. If you decide to runaway, your guardian has the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report, if the police find you they may return you home. We cannot say for sure where you could go that you won't get recognized as a runaway because runaway reports are nation wide. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

I just need to get away I’m tried of my house and family I just wanna go away. I understand how it will affect everyone but I don’t care. I’m annoyed and I can’t stand my house. No one understands my depression and other stuff. I just need a place to run to and get lost. in Oakland please.

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline and sharing a little bit about what is going. It takes a lot of courage to reach out and especially in a time where you have a really tough and complex situation.

You talked about no one understanding your depression and that can be really frustrating and difficult to find support. You can seek help is reaching out to a friend, teacher, or counselor at school that can help you look for resources. Your mental health is important. You can also look at SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) at samhsa.gov (call them directly at 1-877-726-4727) or NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness 1-800-950-NAMI to help you find the support that you need. If you do ever feel in direct danger, to yourself, or some else makes you feel that way, please call out to 911 or reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255).

We aren’t legal experts, but we have general knowledge about running away. In most states, running away isn’t illegal, but what is called a status offense. You can’t get arrested for it but it will mostly likely go on your record until you are 18. The police will only know if you have runaway if your parents/guardians file a police report. We can’t say for sure how the police will respond, but we hear a lot that police will take potential places you might be and will actively search for you. If they come across you, the most likely will return you home to your parents. Sometimes we hear that if you are staying with someone who knows you are a runaway and are not actively trying to return you or finding shelter for you, your guardians/or police can press charges against the people who are housing you, with something that is called harboring. One of our main goals is to make sure you are safe, so if you ever seriously decide to run away and need shelter, resources, or a safe place to go you can find safe locations at nationalsafeplace.org or reach out to us directly and we can find local resources in your area.
      We are here for you and will support you in anyway that we can. Please feel free to call into us directly as we can talk further about your situation and find resources that are best for you in your area. Stay strong and you are not alone in this! Our hotline ( 1-800-RUNAWAY) and chat are open 24/7.

We hope this response was helpful! We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey.

-NRS

Tell us what you think about your experience!

I have really tough life and I really want to run away. I am a pretty smart person and I have come up with a plan where nobody can find me but I already looked into most homeless shelters and it looks like wherever I go, I have to accompanied by an adult since I and underage. Is there a place where I can go without an adult, and stay there for a while without them trying to take me back to my parents? I can't find place like this, my plan b is suicide. I really can't stay in this place much longer. someone please help!!!!

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,
      Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline! You’re brave to share your story and ask for help.
      It sounds like you are having a difficult time at home and want to find somewhere to go. You also mentioned that you are considering suicide if you cannot find a place to stay. Your life is valued because you add value to people’s lives around you. You will get through this and find a place where you are happy and safe. If you want to talk to someone, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a great resource (1-800-273-8255; suicidepreventionlifeline.org).
      You have already done a great job doing something to give yourself a good place to live. In our database, we do have access to options of Youth/Runaway shelters specifically for people just like yourself. However, we don’t know where you’re located, so please call us at 1-800-786-2929 anytime. We also have a chat option available on our website at 1800runaway.org.
      Thank you again for reaching out to us! You did the right thing by asking for help. We are 24/7 and confidential, so please do not hesitate to call us for shelters or anything else.
      Best of luck,
      NRS

I am nobody

I really want to run away for many reasons. The main one is my mother. we are constantly fighting and every fight almost always ends with her beating me senseless. It happens for me at least once a week while for my sisters once every Month. She loves them a lot more than me. She has done terrible things to me like when I was seven she locked me and sisters in the garage with no lights because we left candy wrappers in the livening room. Recently a lot of things been triggering me and causing me to have what I think are pain attacks. When they happen I can't breathe, my hands shake really bad, and I cant feel my feet. Sometimes I even trow up. A lot of the times when these happen my mom will beat me and then she will leave me on the floor crying and I will stay there for hours because when they happened I feel like I'm paralyzed and I can't move. lately I have been doing a lot of self harm because it ,makes me fell better but I feel like I can not spend another second in this house. That is just only a little of what my mom does to me and only part of what happens In my house. I want to run away and I have a fool proof plan, but there is no homeless shelter I can go without an adult since I'm underage. I need a place to stay for a while because I just really need a break from my house. Eventually I will come back, but I don't want to as my mom permission to leave. Where can I go???

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA (1-800-422-4453 )www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody. You mentioned that you have started to engage in self -harm. To Write Love on Her Arms (twloha.com) is a great resource for people that use self harm to cope with the issues in their life. It sounds like you want to runaway, having a plan about where you would go and how you would take care of yourself is important. If you decide to runaway, your mom has the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report, if the police find you they may return you home. Running away isn't illegal but if you were to stay with a friend they could get charged with harboring a runaway. If you do decide to leave home, you could look for local shelters online via the homeless shelter website (homelessshelterdirectory.org). If you would like additional resources, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X