X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod6
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are an adventurous young person and we understand how you want to run away for a little bit. While being independent and experiencing things on your own is important in growing up, running away can be very dangerous. We prioritize youth safety at NRS and we want to make sure that no matter what you choose to do, you are not in danger. Right now may not be the best time to try and go out on your own because of the pandemic virus that is currently spreading across the country. Out on the street alone is the most dangerous place for a youth to be and it is not any safer with the risk of getting sick. We would be happy to talk to you about what running away could look like or how you might want to go about running away maybe once things have returned to normal. If you’re interested in having that conversation with us, please don’t hesitate to call or chat us 24/7 at 1-800-786-2929 or 1800runaway.org.

Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hello, I’m 13 and want to run away, but only for a few days. Maybe a week. There’s nothing wrong with my life at home, but I want to see what it’d be like. Is this a good idea?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod16
    Hello,
    Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like things are really hard for you right now. We’re so sorry that you’re feeling so overwhelmed. It sounds so hard with a parent in prison and feeling like the other doesn’t care what happens with you. Things are tough right now for sure with the coronavirus happening all over. It sounds like you’re in need of someone to talk to about what’s been going on.
    We’re here for that. You can talk to us about your fears of running away. We can talk about your family and the issues you’re having with them too. We’re open to anything and want you to know that we won’t judge or tell you what to do. We’re here to listen to you and help in any way we can.
    You can contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have a live chat here at www.1800runaway.org or you can call us on a phone at 1-800-786-2929.
    Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I want to run away. I’m 14 and idk where I would go yet... or if I should go. Kinda scared of the whole coronavirus spiel, but I also know I need to leave. My mom’s been in prison most of my life for the death of my cousin. My dad cares more about sleep than he ever did abt me and I’m so tired of it. My own parents don’t love me. I have one real friend but I could never tell her I’m leaving. I could never tell anyone.

Im a freshmen in high school. I can’t drive. Idk where I could go without consent of a legal guardian. I’ve thought about running away for a while, but should I go? I think I should but what abt this coronavirus?? I currently have 12 dollars saved up

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hi there,

It was very brave of you to reach out to us here at NRS to ask for help. It sounds like you are in a really tough spot right now and you are not sure what your options are. . It can certainly be stressful at home when the adults in the household are not supportive.

From what you shared, it sounds like leaving home could be very unsafe for you since you won't have your needed medicine or a way to get to your friends house. If you do decide to leave, your parents can report you as a runaway to the police. Now, running away is not illegal, but it is a status offense. This means your parents can ask for help from the police to have you returned home.

It is understandable you want some space from people who are dismissive of your identity. There is an organization called the Trevor Project that supports LGBTQ youth. You can contact them at 1-866-488-7386 or go thetrevorproject.org to talk to an advocate. They also have an online community called Trevor Space where you can meet and talk to other young people in the LGBTQ community. Perhaps talking to a crisis counselor or other young people who have had similar experiences will help you brainstorm some strategies for talking to your parents about being pansexual and how to navigate this challenging situation.

We truly want to be a support for you as you decide on your next steps. We are available 24/7 to listen and help as much as possible. Please do not hesitate to reach out again by phone or chat if you would like to talk more in-depth about your situation and explore your options. You can contact us by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at www.1800runaway.org.

Stay safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    i dont know how this works but ok-
    i walk to run away from my family because they dont like that im pan. my parents told me i wasnt im only 12 you dont know yet when i do know. i plan on runnign away to a friends house and there are many problems for me..
    1. i have diabetes how will i get my stuff
    2. its a 6 hour walk to her house
    3.our moms have eachother phone number
    4.her mom if freaking about about the corona
    5.i have a app on y phone called family link my mom can control my phone
    6. i have to walk on the freeway people might call the cops on me
    i really am scared but i dont want to like with people who dont like that im pan and saying im not pan

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are super supportive and we appreciate you trying to support others on this forum page.
    We are sorry to hear that you have also been going through tough times. We want you to know that we are always here to support you in any way we can.
    We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    I'm sorry to hear that happening to you but just remember you shouldn't kill yourself because even if you haven't met them yet, You WILL make someone's life beautiful. I my self am 10 and a feel depressed like I want to runaway but whenever I feel like running away I think to myself if I die the person I'm supposed to make life beautiful, will have no one to love and help them -Morri

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    Hi,
    Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are in a tough situation and may be looking for some options to help cope with everything. You do not deserve to be abused by your mother. It’s not your fault that she behaves this way towards you.
    We understand how difficult it must be to deal with this situation and cope with the feelings that come from it.
    You are very brave for doing so. Good for you.
    NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of.
    NRS would like you to know we are here to support you at this difficult time.
    We are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    Let us know how we might help, please contact us at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800Runaway.org (live chat).

Take care,
    NRS

• ccsmod5
    Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us today! It was brave of you to tell us a bit about what’s going on and we appreciate your honestly. We are always available to help in any way we can.

You do not deserve to be yelled at by your parents, nor attacked like that by your grandmother. It sounds really scary and stressful at home. It’s understandable that you’re planning on running away in a couple of years. We do want to keep you safe and we are here give you resources and make sure that if you do run away, it’s in a safe way.

Please give us a call at (800) RUNAWAY or chat with us on our website www.1800runaway.org . We are open 24/7 so we are always available for you! Stay safe and thanks again for reaching out.

Best, NRS

Guest replied
    i want to run away but have no where to go

hi i want to run away but am afraid i will get caught my mom treats me like trash she says im a mistake and she makes me want to kill myself i really need a place to run away to i cant stay here anymore i cant take it i live in mountain home so if anyone has a place for me to stay id like that thanks

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm 13, and me and a few friend plan to runaway when we're 16, me and a couple of other friends are having a really tuff time at home, my parents r always yelling at me, and my grandma pulled on my hoodie and was choking me, so I got her off by throwing her down, she blames me and claims she didn't even touch me! She's turned everyone against me, and everyone except my sister (in my family) hates me. Me and my friends r going to live in another state, so when I'm old enough I'll go back, I just can't deal with them for much longer.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    replied
    Hey there,
    It seems like you are going through a lot right now and it’s understandable to feel like getting out of the situation is the best right now. It’s good that you have a therapist to talk to, someone who is objective and there purely for your sake can be helpful sorting out these feelings. It may take a lot of time and work but things can improve. Parents should be supporting you and helping you through crisis, not be the ones causing it through emotional abuse and fighting with each other to the point you are afraid it will become violent. If things do get to that point please don’t hesitate to call 9-1-1 for help.
    It seems like you are cautious about opening up to your friends and family about your feelings, which is understandable. Sharing these deep feelings takes courage and can open you up to being hurt, but it’s also really hard for them to know you may need a shoulder to cry on if you don’t talk to them. Real friends will be willing to help as best they can with the situation. Even if for some of them it’s just listening to your story. Some may be going through similar things and you don’t even know it, or may have ideas as to how to cope you haven’t thought of.
    It seems like you are going through a lot, and if you feel like you are considering taking your own life again please call 9-1-1 or the National Suicide Line at 1-800-273-8255.
    If you have more questions or just need someone to talk to we are always here to chat at 1-800-RUNAWAY or online through our website.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    hey i'm suicidal I feel like no one cares. I have friends but I don't want them to worry about me. My dad emotionally abuses me. I'm in 6th grade, and I really want to leave my house. I always have to hide my emotions. I get bullied in school and my dad yells at me for nothing. I have a therapist but I feel like its not helping. I have cut myself at school, and sometimes I want to do it again. If I run away I have nowhere to go and no money. My parents always fight and yell and sometimes I feel like my dad will hurt my mom or me. I been separating, hiding, and lying to my family and friends a lot lately. I'm sacred to be myself and show people who I am. I always need to who I am even at home. My home does feel like home anymore. I always find myself crying. I really just want to die or run away.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod8
    Hello there –

Thank you for reaching out to us here on our public forum. Hoping that by helping you through your crisis, there are others that are going through a similar situation can also get helped at the same time. It can be pretty rough to feel like you are unwanted by your family or even that you are “bullying” your family. Those are things that you shouldn’t have to hear from the people that are supposed to love and support you.

As you have probably read throughout out our threads here, that we aren’t legal experts and that the age of majority does vary from state to state. So we aren’t going to go through that with you as you can find it easily. We want to make sure that you are safe doing whatever you decided to do. Having a solid plan about what you are planning on doing it might be a good idea so that you can think about what is reasonably possible for you to do and want isn’t. Factoring in these kinds of thoughts into your overall plan, again can possibly help you in your choice (i.e, where are you going to be living [long term vs. short term], what's your role in the house, are you going to be working/going to school, will you be paying your share of the bills/rent, what happens if you realize down the road that you can't live together and they kick you out, etc). It's certainly a jump step to make and we want you to be as safe as possible when making your decision.

On the other side of things, you also want to think of if you were too say at home what that is going to look at. Thinking of what you can do to cope with the harsh words that your family casually throws your way. Unfortunately we can’t control the way that people act and behave, but we can control how those same actions are going to affect us and play a part in your life going forward. Thinking for different coping techniques that work for you and spending more time away from your abusers if possible.

If you want to talk more about your situation, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us here. Best of luck!
Working...
X