No announcement yet.

I want to run away but have no where to go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm 14. My mom has been neglectful and emotionally abusive. And I want to run away but I don't have any resources and I'm having issues getting out. She keeps me in the house and homeschooled me I'm rarely able to leave or speak to people. Mom always favors my brother and my dad doesn't bother anymore as they are divorced. It's gotten to a point that I self harm as a coping mechanism. I don't have any friends anymore. She's driven all the good things out of my life. And I just really need to get out of here. Please help. Any advice or anything is appreciated.

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for reaching out to NRS via our online forum. Reaching out for help is a very brave thing to do. It sounds like the situation you are in with your mother is causing you a lot of difficulty and pain. You are not alone, and you matter. You deserve to live somewhere you feel comfortable and happy.
      You mentioned that you self harm as a coping mechanism. To Write Love On Her Arms is a great resource to find help and coping mechanisms when you feel like you might self harm, and can be found at twhola.com. You also mentioned that your mom is neglectful and emotionally abusive. A resource that you can contact is Child Help, the National Child Abuse Hotline at 800-422-4453. Since you feel like you need to get out of your home, do you have any relatives or friends who are willing to take you in? You can contact our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), or chat with us online at 1800runaway.org in order to discuss a safe plan to leave your home or just talk through some of the things you are experiencing at home.
      We hope this information has been helpful. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are available 24/7, and are completely confidential and anonymous. We wish you the best of luck.
      Thanks,
      NRS

I want to runaway but I have no where to go. my papaw said he would make a new door out of me. and just because I closed a drawer with my foot he said the next time that you do it if your mamaw don't knock you across the head I will

Comment

• ccsmod10
      ccsmod10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. From your email to us here, we can see that you have very similar questions to a lot of our callers and you’re looking for some answers. It’s great that you were able to find out some information about our hotline. Hopefully we can help.

It’s not okay for your Papaw to threaten you like that, or hurt you in any way. You’re always able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with someone you trust, as far as transferring custody. NRS is able to conference call with you if you need help making the abuse report, or we can make one for you. After an abuse report is made, CPS will investigate it.

Legally you are a minor and under your guardian’s supervision until you are 18 or are emancipated by a court of law. If you decide to leave home before then your guardians could file a runaway report on you. Running away is not a crime, but it is a status offense. This means the police could detain you until they release you to the care of your guardians. You mentioned not having anywhere to go, if you’re able to call into our safeline we’d be happy to see if there are runaway shelters in your area. We’re here to try to brainstorm options with you.

We hope our response is helpful. Also, talking to school counselors and teachers about what’s going on at home could provide you with great support. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. You are always welcome to call into our 24/7 crisis center, or use our chatting services via our website. However, the chatting service is not open 24/7. So the best way to tell us everything would be to just call into our hotline and talk to one of our trained liners.

Be safe, NRS

I'm 13 and I want to run away my parents never believe any thing I say and they make me do everything my brother s break every thing I have and everyone at school hates me I hate my life but I don't know where to go and I don't have any money my parents don't pay me I'm poor I have tried to tell my grandparents but my parents end up lyeing any way so any tips

Comment

• ccsmod11
      ccsmod11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for reaching out to us, which we know can sometimes be really hard. We are here to help though so we’re glad that you reached out to us. It sounds like you’re having a really tough time at home, and can’t imagine how hard that must be on you. Keep in mind we do have our crisis center that is open 24/7, so you can also always call us at 1-800-786-2929.

Having a situation at home where you don’t think you are being heard has to be really hard. One of the things we recommend is having the conversation again with your parents about how you’re feeling. If you know any other adults or family that also know your parents, it’s an option to talk more with them also. You mentioned not knowing where to go, which means you’ve thought about leaving. Keep in mind that if you were thinking of running away, you have to think about your safety and where you would stay, how you would make money, and things like that. In a situation where you might leave, keep in mind your parents could have you returned home too.

In terms of school, that can’t be easy too if you feel like everyone hates you there. If there is a counselor or teacher you can talk to, that might help too. Or if you have friends there or outside of school that might be an option too. Keeping yourself busy with sports, music and movies can be an alternative too.

One other option we have is conference calling with youth and parents. If you called our crisis center, we could have that conference call with you and your parents and mediate to help.

Hopefully we’ve offered some good options for you, and keep in mind we’re here if you want to talk more. Best of luck!

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe, NRS

Originally posted by unloved View Post
    Running away with no where to go

my whole family hates me . My mom and dad abuse me physically and emotionally . My older sister does everything in her power to make me feel like s*** , she tells me in psycho I'm a drunk I'm a pothead . Even though I do neither of those things . My mother has hated me for the longest time she told me when I was 11 she wishes she had an abortion instead of having me . My dad says I'm annoying piece of ******** and he just wants to wrap his hands around my neck and not let go when I talk . My mom spits on me and puts me down every chance she gets . My little sister tells me how I'm fat trash an ugly everytime she speaks to me . And when I talk to her she tells me shut up you don't have permission to talk to me , zip it . My 5 year old brother tells me how he hates me and no one likes you we hate you. I want to run away I want to kill myself I just want to feel loved and being in heaven and away from all this , maybe just maybe I'll feel loved . I don't know where to runaway to , I don't want my family to find me .. EVER .
    HEY! My name is Ethan Lee Shafer: I am the same way! Everybody hates me, and I want to run away into the woods, and I think I'm going to run at night time, so that I have time. I don't want anyone in my family to find me, my life will be even worse if I get found! I'll get bullied at school, and I'll be hated, then my family will be more abusive, physically and mentaly. My dad was the only person that loved me... and he passed away... he was all that I had... I just want to leave, the only reason my mom won't send me to a foster home or somewhere, is because she wants me to work for her! I don't want to live with my friends either, their parents will no doubt tell my mom because they all think my mom is so nice, because she's fake. She screams at my that I'm an effing a hole, and how I'm the worst in the whole family, that everyone is better than me. She slaps me, hits me, and punches me. I want to run into the woods, but I think the police will find me, if they send a huge search party. If I'm found... everything will be 50 times worse than it already is. If, I'm not found, I can survive in the woods. Maybe it will take a few days planning, to learn how to make shelter and find food. Also how to defend my self from predators like wolves, coyotes, bears, and watch out for attacks from other animals, like deer, racoons, etc. To start, I'll bring my own food, and blankets, money if I need it, and knives. I'm just so clueless on what to do, and I NEED to leave my family! I NEED OUT!!! If I don't get away from this family, I'm going to end up killing myself for real, I already debated it. I put a gun up to my head and couldn't pull the trigger, I almost jumped out of a tree, and tried stabbing myself. I NEED TO GET AWAY FROM IT ALL! I can't wait for this to be over, please Lord, please help me... you're all I've got!

Comment

I WANT TO RUN!!! I WANT TO RUN FAR AWAY FROM MY FAMILY AT HOME! I could live in the woods, but I'll probably be easily found, and then life will be worse. And how will I sur vive, especially with other wild animals, I'll need a shelter, food, water, and more things to survive.HELP!! My home family hates me! The only person that loved me was my dad, and he passed away... all I have is Jesus...

Comment

• ccsmod3
        ccsmod3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help.

We aren’t legal experts, but we have general knowledge about running away. In most states, running away isn’t illegal, but what is called a status offense. You can’t get arrested for it but it will mostly likely go on your record until you are 18. The police will only know if you have runaway if your parents/guardians file a police report. We can’t say for sure how the police will respond, but we hear a lot that police will take potential places you might be and will actively search for you. If they come across you, the most likely will return you home to your parents. Sometimes we hear that if you are staying with someone who knows you are a runaway and are not actively trying to return you or finding shelter for you, your guardians/or police can press charges against the people who are housing you, with something that is called harboring.

One of our main goals is to make sure you are safe, so if you ever seriously decide to run away and need shelter, resources, or a safe place to go you can find safe locations at nationalsafeplace.org or reach out to us directly and we can find local resources in your area.
        We are here for you and will support you in anyway that we can. Please feel free to call into us directly as we can talk further about your situation and find resources that are best for you in your area. Stay strong and you are not alone in this! Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY we are open 24/7.

-NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey.

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

I want to run away because I smoked something with my friend and his parents seen a video and they might come over my house and my parents are gonna kill me if they see it I have no money or a place to go and I don't know wat to do I am scared. And I need help and none of my friends are helping I Live In Hunstville Alabama
      Last edited by ccsmod4; 05-24-2018, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Reply:I want to run away because....

Hi there,
        Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

It sounds like you are concerned that your friend’s parents may reveal a video of you doing something that may make your parents very upset. We understand how stressful this must be for you.
        Take a deep breath.
        We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
        Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this.

If you would like to talk more about your situation and how we might help, we can best do this by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance.
        Please call or chat soon.
        Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Take care,
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I am 15 and want to run away where can I go If I want to run away and If I have no money or place to go.

Comment

• ccsmod11
            ccsmod11 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out. You sound like you're in a tough spot. Hopefully our response helps. It sounds like you've already considered friends and family and don't have a reliable place to stay. You can call us to see if there is a nearby runaway shelter that we can refer you to: 1-800-786-2929.

Best,
            NRS

I am 13 and I am literally crying myself to sleep every night because of my mom and dad. My dad stays home with me all day and yells at me for no reason. My mom comes home and hits me while she screaming at me for doing something wrong. I always think if I was dead who would she hit and scream at. When she's yelling at me. I want to run away but I don't want anyone to look for me or miss me because my own family doesn't so I don't want anyone else to. I hate to say it but I sometimes I wish I was dead. I just want a happy life where they love me and won't think I'm a disappointment all the time. If I was perfect they wouldn't have anything to say. I hate being home now. Please someone tell me what to do runaway from home or stay here and try to pull for myself ?

Comment

• ccsmod2
            ccsmod2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are very sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your parents. You mentioned that your mom hits you. Abuse is never okay and you don't deserve to be treated that way. You have the right to report the abuse. If you feel as though you are in immediate danger, we encourage you to contact the police. Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a great resource to explore your options and get information on how to transfer custody. You stated that sometimes you wish you were dead. Although you are going through a tough time, you are not alone. Your life matters ! Talking to someone about what you are going through could help. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255) is a great resource for support. It sounds like you are thinking about running away. Having a plan about where you would go and how you would take care of yourself is important. If you decide to leave home, your parents have the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report, if the police find you they return you home. Please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

I’m 12 years old and I’m a girl I really want to run away my parents love my brother better. Idk if they emotionally abuse me but they call me selfish and sometimes hit that I dress like a hooker(which I don’t) I have depression and I’m suciudial I have tried to kill myself a couple of times and I have cuts on my wrist from cutting myself. I don’t know if I should runaway because all of my family live in San Diego. Where would I go because I live in Rancho Santa Margarita CA.

Comment

• ccsmod2
            ccsmod2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are very sorry to hear that you have been emotionally abused by your parents. You have the right to report the abuse to Child Protective Services. Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a great resource to explore your options and get information on how to transfer custody. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); [

www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org] is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services. You mentioned that you are thinking about running away, having a plan about where you would go and how you would take care of yourself is important. If you would like resources please contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email,or live chat.

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: We care what you think

Hello I want to runaway because everything that happens she blames me it's annoying everytime the food is gone or something she blames me like why me? i have 2 brothers but they do there stuff so they barely get in trouble i have called the social workers once on my mom but since she did foster care they came to ask me and my 2 brothers plus my moms foster children questions and my mom said i was lying so now everything i say they say i'm lying my mom used to hit us now she doesn't but i'm actually failing school bad im 13 in 6th grade im homeschooled i have been in 6th grade twice right now my mom got a letter that i might stay agian i have thought of running away but don't have anywhere to go honestly my dad lives in mexico when i called the social workers on my mom and everything my mom yelled and said where will you go? i said i will find a way to go to my dads or to his family but his family doesnt like us so i have this game i play on the loptap and i have 2 friends that are true friends i tell them what happens
          Last edited by ccsmod5; 05-29-2018, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod5
            ccsmod5 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time, and we will try out best to help. We are sorry to hear that you are feeling attacked/blamed for everyday items, and it’s understandable that you would feel overwhelmed. We want you to know that abuse of any kind is never ok, and you have the right to call authorities.
            We are by no means legal experts, but we do know that if you were to leave home without permission, there is a chance your foster mom could file a runaway report. This means that if you were to encounter law enforcement of any kind, they would be required to return you to your legal guardian.
            It’s important that you have a support system- not only of friends, but of trusted adults. These people can advocate on your behalf. We are also here to help and listen- you can always give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. Everyone’s situation is different, so by chatting more we can help identify the best way that we can help.

Best of luck,
            NRS

Im 17 and go to a treatment centerbut wanna run away i need help with my dicision to go back or runaway.

Comment

• ccsmod11
            ccsmod11 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're happy to help you process your feelings and explore what options you have so you can make an informed decision that helps you achieve what you want. Please call us at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat to speak with someone.

Best,
            NRS

Hi my name is sylvia im 18 years old.
          i wanna run away bwcause i dont belong here, i live with a gaurdian who doesnt trust me because of my past, she doughts in me. We fight all the time. She only talks to me wen she needs something and then shes just mean to me. Giving me looks laughs wen i get angry. I help around the house but thats not good enough. She likes to switch up her words and gets angry wen i try to correct her. And wen i tell her im angry at her instead of talking to me abt my problems she always gives me meds. She doesnt evwr wanna talk to me abt my problems she always says, i dont hv time for this. She never wants to do stuff with me she always says shes im busy even wen shes not.
          i hv a roomate and there always doing stuff and leaving me out. Im tired of being here and i just need to leave here asap. I hate shelters, and i hv no where else to go.

Comment

• ccsmod5
            ccsmod5 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi, Sylvia,
            Thank you for reaching out. It sounds like you’re in a frustrating situation. In most states, you are considered a legal adult and can leave if you like. You might consider staying with a friend or family member. Another option is a transitional living program, which provides housing for up to 18 months and is meant to help you get on your feet. If you need help locating a transitional living program near you, please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929.
            --NRS

Hey, i just turned 14, my family has been verbally and mentally abusing me it seems like everything i do ticks my parents off and they are always screaming at me i dont know where to go or what to bring and im scared if the police bring me back home i will get beat because my father has a short temper and slaps me if he gets mad enough i called the cops on him once and they did nothing about it so i just need some advice.

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We're here 24/7 to listen and to support.

We're sorry to hear about what you have been facing and want you to know that you deserve to feel safe and happy in your home. We understand that it takes a great deal of courage to seek help. You mentioned experiencing emotional and physical abuse which may be reportable against your dad. Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise. That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share. It sounds like you've reported before and they didn't do anything, but they could take more action if it keeps happening. Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead. The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at (1-800-422-4453) or www.childhelp.org may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made.

If you're thinking about running away, having a plan about where you would go and how you would take care of yourself is important. Unfortunately, due to your age, a lot of youth shelters will not accept you without parental consent. If you leave, your parents have the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report, if the police finds you they will continue to return you home. If you decide to leave home, you could visit the National Safe place (nationsafeplace.org. The website would provide you with local safe places to go so that you are not on the streets.

Stay safe and give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 if you want to talk through any of this with a liner.

NRS
            Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
            [email protected] (Crisis Email)
            1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x
            Working...
            X