Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I hate myself to the point of no return. I need to run away because I cant take it anymore. All my life I have watched others become successful and here I am not getting anywhere. I hate being yelled at when ever I am home because I am compared to my sibling which does" EVERYTHING" in the house but the grass which I do. I am so under appreciated that I don't want any interactions with my family. Maybe after this I will finally find my purpose and who I really am meant to be as a human-being in this huge world.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    commented on Guest's reply
    Thanks for reaching out to NRS. It sounds like you’re feeling overwhelmed and looking for a way out. Without knowing more about your situation, if someone is abusing or hurting you, please know that no one deserves to be treated that way and you have the right to report that abuse at any time. You can tell a teacher or nurse at school, call the police, or your state’s child abuse reporting hotline.

If you’re planning to leave home, the most important thing is to make a plan for your safety – having a safe place to stay, enough money to pay for food and other needs and a plan to work. We get many calls from youth who find themselves in dangerous situations because they ran out of money or were sleeping outside. If you’d like to give us a call, we can help you find youth or runaway shelters in your area.
    We’re here for you 24/7 at 1-800-786-2929 if you’d like to talk more about your situation or brainstorm other options.

Guest replied
    I’m gonna go, straight after school, my phone will be turned off so no one can call me, hopefully this will make my parents understand the severity of what he does to me, I can’t put up with it anymore.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension - you should be able to live somewhere where you feel happy, safe, and secure.

You mentioned that you have previously had thoughts of suicide and self-harm. We care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time.

You stated that you have someone at home who drinks and becomes aggressive. It can be really hard to live with someone who struggles with an addiction to alcohol. We want you to know that you are not alone. If you’d like to talk to other young people who are dealing with friends or family members who have drinking problems you can check out Alateen. You can find more information about this support group, or find a local meeting here: https://al-anon.org/newcomers/teen-corner-alateen/.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS

• ccsmod7
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can talk through your options with you, and look for resources if you need. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,

NRS

Guest replied
    i am 15. i want to leave home. my family argues, calls me names, and one of my family members drink. they become an entirely different person and yell all the time and break things in the house. the other family member calls me horrible names and brings me down. i have thought about suicide many times, and harm myself often. i have been self harming since i was 12. i still have scars and burns. i am not happy at home. i cry every night and whenever i do it’s usually because of thinking about suicide. i want to leave but i don’t know if it’ll be worth it. my family will hate me more than they already do. so many horrible things have happened recently and my family is thinking about divorce. i don’t know what to do.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I want to live with my mom I want to run a way

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community-based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis-related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi
    I'm 18 years old
    And I really want to run away from home but I don't know where to go.. I just want to live on my own.. I dont want to be in burden.. My parents are not allowing to do anything. .They just want to control me .. And I can't even stand up for myself in front of my family.. My dad don't let me take my foot step out of the gate of my house.. He wants me just to be inside the house and stay. .. I am not allowed to hang out with my friends. .I dont even allowed to use phones ... .but mom bought it for me and I'm using it secrectly . If my dad knows about it I'm gonna die . ... Mom understands me.. But mom is also in burden.. She also can't do what she likes . Dad controls everything . .... I really want to run away please help me.
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod12
    Hey there,
    Thanks for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We are here to help you in any way that we can.

You said that you want to leave home. It can be very difficult to feel like your home is not a welcoming and safe place for you. When youth are looking to leave home without permission, many will try to go to a friend or relative with whom they feel safe and taken care of. If you do not feel as though there are any safe options for you in terms of friends or family members, you can text SAFE & Location to 44357 or visit www.nationalsafeplace.org. If you would like more resources, feel free to reach out to us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), and we can talk through other options based on your age, gender, and specific situation.
    If you are experiencing any sort of mental, physical, or verbal abuse at home, Child Help is the National Child Abuse Hotline. They can be of help to you in terms of reporting any abuse. Their phone number is 1-800-422-4453 and their website is childhelp.org. We are also happy to help you call out to make any reports since they are difficult to make on your own. To do that, you would call in here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), and we would talk about your situation and then call out together. If you ever find yourself in immediate danger, please dial 9-1-1.

One of the services that we offer here at the National Runaway Safeline is a conference calling service. If you feel like you want to leave home because your parents are not hearing and validating your life and concerns, we can call out to them with you and conduct a conference call to make sure the conversation is productive and compromise-driven. You could call in here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), discuss your situation further, and we would then call out to your parent/guardian, talk to them a bit, and then connect the call.

If you have any other questions or want to talk through your situation more, feel free to call us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat with us at www.1800runaway.org. We’re here to listen, here to help.

Best of luck, NRS

Guest replied
    I want to leave my home and I am wondering where I can go I leave in canton Ohio. Where should I go

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod11
    Hi there,
    Thank you for contacting us at National Runaway Safeline. It takes great courage to reach out for help.

It sounds like you are going through a really hard time. You don't deserve to be hurt in anyway. If your safety is at risk you can call 911. If filing an abuse report is an option for you, you can call Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 and they can help provide you information on how to file an abuse report. It also sounds like you are having some hallucinations and hearing voices. Talking to psychiatrist or therapist can be helpful. You can contact your doctor or call NAMI at 1-800-950-NAMI or SAMHSA at 1-877-726-4727 to get mental health resources.
    Running away from home can be hard and it can be helpful to think about where you might stay and how you might pay for expenses. We are not legal experts however just speaking generally if you are leave without your parents permission and police report is filed, the police can bring you back home and whoever you are staying with could be charged with harboring a runaway.

This can be a lot to think about. If you would like you could call us at our 24 hour confidential hotline at 1-800-786-2929 and we would be happy to listen to you and explore and provide any resources.

We wish you the best and hope to hear from you soon.

Best
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hello, seeing others going through similar things as me in the comment section makes me a bit more comfortable with saying this: I'm 11. Now there's a stereotype going around that kids at my age always say these types of stuff online, but never really consider it or even if it's worth it to run away from home. Okay back to the point.
    But I just had it. I decided to run away from home, my parents are childish, they physically and emotionally bully me. I used to be a real sensitive kid in elementary school, in fact I used to be a big crybaby, haha... But now? I just find it funny, me having hallucinations, hearing voices in my head, etc. It's just that I think I'm the one who's wrong here. Im a pretty rebellious kid with my parents, and I just cant understand them. Maybe I'm just to young to know what parent hood is like? etc.
    Some explainations in why I would LOVE to run away from home.
    1. I never felt safe at home, I only feel safe at home when both of my parents are out.
    2. My mom always guilt trips me, which makes my voices in my head worse, and worse.
    3. My dad always physically abuses me, and im begining to fight back, I dont know if that's good or not.
    4. Im sorry, I have alot of more reasons why I want to run away from home, but I dont really want to say all of them.
    But thank you. I searched up "I want to run away from home." since I really did want to run away from home. But I had nowhere to go. But now, I have hope. But sadly I'm planning to go to the kid's shelter at night, but what if some creep were to come at me? I'm still looking more into this website, but thank you so much...

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    My excuse for running away is the worst and lame, but I don’t know what to do I hate my life sometimes and I’m really confused. My grandparents hate me one week then they are sugary and sweet the next. Whenever I talk back my grandpa will say mean thing like “who do you think you are?” And my grandma will call me a b* but it’s not my fault I talk back. When I was younger the always argued and sometimes my grandpa would push my grandma ( I’m 11). They are always angry so I’m angry to and I’m always ignored. Yesterday I talked back and my grandpa came with a metal spatula and slapped me on the arm. I never cry but he really scares me. When I told my grandma the next morning she believed me and then she yelled at my grandpa and then he said to me that I should stop lying. Last night I packed a bag for running away in case of emergencies. Can you please tell me what to do?

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X