•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod9
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like your relationship with your family – your mom, sister and nephew is extremely difficult. No one deserves to be hurt. If you feel that you are being abused, you have the right to make a report with Child Protective Services (CPS). Child Help USA is an information and referral line that can connect you with your local CPS abuse hotline. You can reach them at 1-800-422-4453.
    Your internal feelings seem really strong and can be a loud voice, but know you are important and have value in this world. A few resources that can be helpful with the emotions of it all are To Write Love On Her Arms (twloha.org) and suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

It is okay you want to leave from this situation, we do not try to direct you either way, but we want to make sure you are safe and figure out how we can help you best. It is important just to be aware of and think about the consequences, plans, and next steps of leaving your home. We are non-directive at NRS, as you know what is best for you to bring and will help you feel comfortable.

If you get a chance to have access to a phone where you feel safe, please do not hesitate to call so we can talk about options of where you may go and what leaving home may look like (in addition to discussing the situation with at home). We are here to listen and here to help.

All the best,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I’m 13 and I want to run away, I constantly get picked on and mentally abused by my mom, older sister, and nephew(he’s 16) I don’t know what to do with myself anymore I feel like I want to just go away where they can’t bother me. They always blame me for things that didn’t even do I feel hurt and they think it’s okay I’m scared and I don’t know what to do with myself anymore. I stopped eating and talking to them I try to limit myself from friends. I can’t take the pain anymore I just want to go....

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you want to leave home. Unfortunately, we cannot tell you what to do because you are the expert in your life. You know what is best for you. You could ask your guardian if they would allow you to move in with another family member or close friend. You could also look into the process of emancipation. If there is abuse at home, you could report the abuse to Child Protective Services (CPS), they would conduct an investigation and if they find that you are unsafe at home they would remove you from the home. If you have any additional questions or just need to talk, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

Guest replied
    Hey umm im only 16 and i go to school and i have a job but i wanna go somwhere else rather being at home where i dknt belong so what do i do?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Hi,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us tonight. It sounds like you're facing a really difficult challenge right now. No one deserves to be made fun of or bullied, especially for something like a skin disease. You are important and just because you have a skin disease does not mean you deserve to face any emotional abuse or mistreatment.

It is disappointing that your mother does not take things seriously and refuses to let you access any medical care. It is also never okay for her to hit you or your dad to sexually abuse you. You do not deserve to have these things happen to you. You deserve a safe and loving household where you can feel comfortable and safe from harm.

One option you do have is to report the abuse going on. You can either call into our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY and we can help you out with that, or you can talk to a trusted teacher, adult, or social worker at school and they can help you. The National Child Abuse Hotline is 1-800-422-4453 and you can call them anytime to ask questions about child abuse reporting or to report the abuse yourself. There is also an organization called RAINN, which stands for Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network. They can talk things through with you about whatever you may be feeling or thinking about the situation with your father. You deserve to have access to support systems.

If you need anything else, or just want to talk more about what you're going through, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again! We are here 24/7 so someone will always be here to answer and help you out in the best way that we can. As mentioned, our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X