Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    i honestly dont know what to do anymore my mom is always mad at me and my dad is always yelling at me. I know this is just stupid. i am harrassed at school at home and am such a wimp. i have depression and anxiety. (no one belives my because i always fake that i am strong and fake that im happy) my mom thinks she cares alot but rly doesnt. she sent me to thearapy to convince me that im normal and to suck it up. i lied straight to all of there faces and smiled through it all. My dad gives my lots of pets but makes me give them away after im attatched. i know i cant complain about my life because "im privledged and have food on the table" but i just want to be happy. i dont want to be a doctor and i hate pink. I need to make my extended family happy or i am a failure and am exiled. My parents fight all the time and idk what to do. im 14 and have enough skill to live in the mountains. Every time i feel like running away, i feel guilty because of my brother, he has very severe food alergies and exzema. my parents are super nice to him because of it . they pretty much ignore me and expect me to be perfect like all of my other cusins. I JUST WANT TO BE HAPPY FOR ONCE i have tried cutting but someone found out and now im forced to wear short sleeves unless its rly cold. at school i hate almost everyone and they hate me. they slap my butt and call me things that i dont even want to type. my mom just says its a stage that everyone goes through and once im an adult, i will see that its not rly that bad.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at The National Runaway Safeline- we are here to help! It sounds like you are going through a tough time with your family and friends. We are sorry to here that. Having trouble with friends and family can be very upsetting and stressful, but we are here for you and happy to give you support and resources as you navigate this difficult time. We recognize your bravery in reaching ou to us- we know it takes a lot of strength.
    You mentioned needing to leave. Leaving your home is a very big descision and it is important you know as much as possible before you make that choice. If you leave, how will you get the things you need to live comfortably- like shelter, food, water, and money? Where do you plan on going? How do you plan on getting there? These are very big questions that should be answered before you make your choice. We know that reaching out to us takes a lot of strength and we applaude you for doing so. We wish you the best. Please consider giving us a call at 1(800)786-2929 and we will be more than happy to lend an ear.

Best of luck,

The National Runaway Safeline

Guest replied
    i am 10 i need to leave i have bad friends and a stupid family help please

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    Hey there,
    Thanks for reaching out to NRS!

We are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. It can be very frustrating not knowing what to do or what your next step might be from this point on. It’s brave of you to reach out during your time of need.

You don’t deserve to be abused by anyone, we are so sorry that your sister has been hurting you. It’s understandable that you want to get away from her. We have a database of resources and if you’re able to call in, we can try to brainstorm with you and get a better idea of your situation. If you are thinking about running away, from the information we have, you can’t be arrested for running away. You mentioned that you have a friend who offered to let you stay with them, we’re glad to hear you have support. If you aren’t able to stay with your friend, we are always here to look for runaway shelters in your area.

Please don’t hesitate to call or chat with us, to talk more about your situations and options. Our safeline is open 24/7. We also have a chatting service via our website, unfortunately, it is not always open. The best way to contact us would be to call in and talk with our trained liners.

Be well, NRS

Guest replied
    I'm a 12 year old kid and I want to rUn away due to my sister abusing me and no one cares. I saved enough money to run away and I have enough things to go. My friend said I should stat at her home

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Hello there, thanks for reaching out today. Sounds like you have been through so much and your toxic home life has caused you to feel suicidal and to self-harm. Those feelings are significant and you so deserve to be supporting during this difficult time. We are so glad you are still with us and there is nothing more important than your life. Here at NRS, we truly want to be there for you during this difficult time.

Again, your life has so much worth and our top priority is your safety. If you feel this is an emergency you could consider calling 911 for emergency assistance. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk.

You are right, the age of majority in Nebraska is 19 - a year older than the federal majority age of 18. Thus, if you left home at 18 how police would respond to your situation depends on how they interpret the law and that could vary from police department to police department. It is possible that they could take a runaway report for you and return you to your grandmother if you leave without permission, or it is possible that they would not take a runaway report for you. If they do not take a runaway report for you, your grandmother would not be able to legally force you to stay home. To know how local police would respond to your situation you might reach out to your local non-emergency police number and ask how they handle 18 year olds leaving home without permission. If you would like assistance reaching out to police, please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

We hope this information is helpful. Please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you would like to talk through your situation or need any resources. We are here to listen, here to help.

Best,

NRS

Guest replied
    I’m seventeen turning eighteen in January. I live in Nebraska where the age of majority is 19. I’ve been in a legal guardianship with my grandmother for the past four years and it’a a toxic relationship where I’ve become mentally drained to the point of suicide and self harm and stress from the situation. I have a boyfriend who’s parents are willing to let me stay with them to finish off my school year only if my grandmother and estranged father agree so they won’t be in any legal trouble which i understand. My grandmother threatens to label me as a runaway which I’ve never done and send me to a juvenile facility. My father who is a truck driver is in and out of town and a recent as of three years released felon. He hasn’t been in my life for fourteen years and i have no emotional connection with him and the relationship is awkward and will have no bond. I have no want for a bond and it seems as though neither does he. He lives the newly divorced lifestyle. I just want to know because I’ve done so much research and can’t find anything to get me out this place i so hate that makes me hate myself. I just want to know what legally can happen if i did runaway and what actually would be done. Or this has now become an option where i choose to no longer stay with her and if i state that i would not like to live with my father then what would happen? I have a financially stable home i can go into until i attend college in August but would i be placed into the system instead? I just have a lot of questions but no one has the answers. Please help.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It is not okay for your mother to abuse you in any form, physically or emotionally. If you want to see what reporting that abuse might look like or what the consequences of reporting could be, please call the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453 or contact them through childhelp.org. If you are looking for support through this difficult time, it might be a good idea to talk to your school counselor or a teacher/friend/family member that you trust. If you want to talk with us a little bit more about what’s been going on, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on our 24/7 hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY or on chat at 1800runaway.org.

• ccsmod6
    Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that your mother has not been treating you fairly. It sounds like you are a good kid who is working hard and that you deserve to be heard by your mom. If you want to talk about what running away might look like and how to prepare for it or if you want to talk about strategies for interacting with your mother in an effective way, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on our 24/7 hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY or on chat at 1800runaway.org.

Guest replied
    Hello

I’m 11 And my mom mentally abuses me it’s okay where I live but the things she says are so harsh they make me cry I’m trying to find places to go when I go but can’t find any

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I wanna run away because my mom is selfish she takes everything away from me for no reason and if I get a B+ on my grades she gets pissed I am 11 yrs old bout to be 12 in dec. 25 and my life is trash i have no where to go and no money

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hi There,
    Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we appreciate that you had the strength to tell a little of your story to us. It sounds like you are going through a really frustrating time right now. You mentioned that your dad always abuses you in some sort of way, you do not deserve to be abused. Any type of abuse is unacceptable and you should not have to deal with that. If you would like to make a child abuse report you may call The Child Help Line at: 1800-422-4453. We know sometimes it can be scary to make a report, if you would like you can give us a call and we would be more than happy to help you make a report. You also mentioned that you were looking forward to becoming an exchange student and living in France. You could see if your school has a student exchange program, and see if you could go to France through your school. If they do not have a program you could wait until you are in high school or college, often times colleges or high schools have exchange programs. We are sorry your teachers do not allow French classes in school, there are online classes where you could learn French or YouTube videos may also help. If you are attending school you may consider talking to a school counselor about your situation and they may be able to provide you with resources. Also you could speak to your school nurse about your asthma and how the smoke is affecting it in a bad way. Also we are glad you told us how you feel we are here to listen to you and provide support. If you have any other questions or would like to talk more feel free to give us a call at any time we are available 24/7. Stay strong you are not alone.
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hello! I just really wish I could run away but here is my problem. I’m in 8th grade and if I were to try and go where I wanted (France) I’d have to have a passport or a visa and a plane ticket. I don’t have that type of money and I was looking forward to being an exchange student and eventually live down there after school. But I’m really in need of it because my dad always abuses me in some sort of way. He always thinks I’m lying but I am not so he hits me and spanks me. My mom smokes and curses and yells at me for no reason. I have asthma and she makes me cough and cry A LOT but she doesn’t care about my health. I apparently have a “bad attitude” just because I don’t appreciate what she does even though I say thank you and I love her..
    I get bullied because of my race, weight, how I talk, etc. (I go to school with mostly whites) and I just can’t take it. I told my dad to contact the suicide prevention line for me but he said I’ll be okay and I’m noticing I will be if I can at least get one thing I want.. I want to move to France, go to school in France and make new friends, hobbies, etc. to speak French which I have to teach myself because my teachers won’t let me take those classes in school. I understand I can’t get anything I want but it’s to the point where they control every single thing I do. I can’t stay up past 9, I can’t have friends that are boys unless they live where I live and go to my school so they can shoot them, I need to get rid of all negative things in my life, I can’t wear the clothes my parents bought me because I’m a girl and girls should always wear clothes that cover their butt (in their words, I have to wear a big jacket so you can’t see any curves from any angle)
    One last thing! I know all of the stuff I said is not important and you probably can’t do anything about it but I wanted to tell you how I feel because my friends will be blabber mouths and call the police and have me meet with them for the 2nd time this month although the first time was for a good cause and I don’t have anyone else to tell.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    If you have contacted NRS today through another means (for example, live chat, email or bulletin) for the same issue, it would be helpful to let us know that you have already contacted us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services.
    Best of luck,
    NRS

• ccsmod9
    If you have contacted NRS today through another means (for example, live chat, email or bulletin) for the same issue, it would be helpful to let us know that you have already contacted us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services.
    Best of luck,
    NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X