X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod5
    commented on Guest's reply
    Thank you for reaching out. It takes a lot of courage to share what you’ve been going through. It sounds like you’re in a difficult situation and it’s not okay that your family has refused to listen to your needs. Your well being is important and your mental health matters. You deserve to be believed and to feel supported. While it doesn’t sound like your family is providing a lot of support for you right now, it’s great that you’ve tried to advocate for yourself. You might consider confiding in a therapist, a school counselor, friends, or other family members you trust. There are people out there who are able to give you the proper support and might be able to advocate for your needs to your parents. If you’d like to locate a mental health resource in your area, you can call SAMSHA, which is a referral line: 1-877-726-4727.
    It’s not okay that you were forced to come out. You deserved the ability to come out on your own time and to whoever you feel comfortable sharing that information with. It sounds like this stress has been weighing on you. If you ever need someone to talk to about what you’ve been feeling, you might consider reaching out to the LGBT National Hotline: 1-888-843-4564.
    It sounds like you need time and space away from your family. Since you are still a minor, you would need parental consent to leave home. You might consider asking your parents to spend a weekend (or longer) with another relative or a good friend your family knows and trusts. It can also be helpful to spend time taking care of yourself and nurturing your own well-being. That can be through listening to music, writing, making art, reading, going for a walk, cooking food—anything that helps you get away for a bit.
    If you’d like to talk more specifically about your situation, please feel free to reach out to us at 1-800-786-2929. Our lines are open 24/7 so someone is always here to listen and help. Best of luck to you and stay strong.

Guest replied
    Hi I’m 17 and lately I’ve just been feeling so depressed.

I try to tell my family, but they just don’t listen to me and think I’m lying. I would never lie about my wellbeing and it hurts that I can’t get the proper help.

I recently was forced to come out to them and it was so stressful for me. I thought it would make me feel better, but now I’m still stressed and it just continues to get worse for me.

Never in a million years would I want to run away from home, but lately it’s been the only thing on my mind. I don’t know what to do. I get yelled at for my attitude, but I don’t try to act in that way. Every time I get yelled at for being rude, I just go in my room and freak out. I feel as if I have no where to go.

I need a break from my family and I’m not sure if that’s even physically possible, but I really do need a break.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello, thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes a lot of courage to seek help. It sounds like you have been thinking about running away for a while now. Having a plan is important when you are considering running away from home. Since you are a minor, if you leave home your parents have the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report if the police find you, they would return you home. As you mentioned, it is difficult for you to travel to San Francisco because most forms of transportation require minors to be accompanied with an adult.We cannot say for sure which form of transportation would allow you to travel alone. You could contact us directly and we would try to get that information for you. Please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

Guest replied
    im 14 and i have a plan to runaway in the summer so i have time to get money my best friend and i are saving 1500 each and are getting a room with someone who is willing to rent it to us as long as we pay rent and our jobs are gonna be baby sit and clean houses we are planning to go to San Francisco and we are in California we have been planning this for a very long time and have everything ready but my only question is how to get to San Francisco cause all bus stops do let us go unaccompanied but they say that we have to have an adult when we arrive at our stop so we need hep with that problem

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at NRS. It’s not always easy to ask for help, but we are here to listen and help the best way we can. It sounds like things at home are tough with your mom and sister. We are sorry to hear that you are going through this.

We want you to know that you don’t have to go through this alone. We are here to explore some safe options for you. Perhaps we can explore other living environments you can go to such as with another family member. If you are in need of a safe place to go to, we can also identify programs in your area that can help you. We understand that you are not wanting to live with your mom anymore. It sounds like you just want to live in an environment where you feel heard, loved, and supported.

If you feel like you might want to do self-harm, you can always call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. Your safety and well-being are very important.

We look forward to your call or chat soon. Be safe and take care!

NRS

Guest replied
    Depressed

I really hate my life with my family.Especially my mom and sister .sometimes I want to kill myself but most times I want to run away.I thought about going to some child home or something but I don't know where or how to get there.I don't know how much longer I can live with them .i cry like 3 times a day.I wish I had another family.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like your relationship with your family – your mom, sister and nephew is extremely difficult. No one deserves to be hurt. If you feel that you are being abused, you have the right to make a report with Child Protective Services (CPS). Child Help USA is an information and referral line that can connect you with your local CPS abuse hotline. You can reach them at 1-800-422-4453.
    Your internal feelings seem really strong and can be a loud voice, but know you are important and have value in this world. A few resources that can be helpful with the emotions of it all are To Write Love On Her Arms (twloha.org) and suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

It is okay you want to leave from this situation, we do not try to direct you either way, but we want to make sure you are safe and figure out how we can help you best. It is important just to be aware of and think about the consequences, plans, and next steps of leaving your home. We are non-directive at NRS, as you know what is best for you to bring and will help you feel comfortable.

If you get a chance to have access to a phone where you feel safe, please do not hesitate to call so we can talk about options of where you may go and what leaving home may look like (in addition to discussing the situation with at home). We are here to listen and here to help.

All the best,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I’m 13 and I want to run away, I constantly get picked on and mentally abused by my mom, older sister, and nephew(he’s 16) I don’t know what to do with myself anymore I feel like I want to just go away where they can’t bother me. They always blame me for things that didn’t even do I feel hurt and they think it’s okay I’m scared and I don’t know what to do with myself anymore. I stopped eating and talking to them I try to limit myself from friends. I can’t take the pain anymore I just want to go....

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you want to leave home. Unfortunately, we cannot tell you what to do because you are the expert in your life. You know what is best for you. You could ask your guardian if they would allow you to move in with another family member or close friend. You could also look into the process of emancipation. If there is abuse at home, you could report the abuse to Child Protective Services (CPS), they would conduct an investigation and if they find that you are unsafe at home they would remove you from the home. If you have any additional questions or just need to talk, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

Guest replied
    Hey umm im only 16 and i go to school and i have a job but i wanna go somwhere else rather being at home where i dknt belong so what do i do?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Hi,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us tonight. It sounds like you're facing a really difficult challenge right now. No one deserves to be made fun of or bullied, especially for something like a skin disease. You are important and just because you have a skin disease does not mean you deserve to face any emotional abuse or mistreatment.

It is disappointing that your mother does not take things seriously and refuses to let you access any medical care. It is also never okay for her to hit you or your dad to sexually abuse you. You do not deserve to have these things happen to you. You deserve a safe and loving household where you can feel comfortable and safe from harm.

One option you do have is to report the abuse going on. You can either call into our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY and we can help you out with that, or you can talk to a trusted teacher, adult, or social worker at school and they can help you. The National Child Abuse Hotline is 1-800-422-4453 and you can call them anytime to ask questions about child abuse reporting or to report the abuse yourself. There is also an organization called RAINN, which stands for Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network. They can talk things through with you about whatever you may be feeling or thinking about the situation with your father. You deserve to have access to support systems.

If you need anything else, or just want to talk more about what you're going through, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again! We are here 24/7 so someone will always be here to answer and help you out in the best way that we can. As mentioned, our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Guest replied
    I'm 13 years old

All my life I've always a skin disease and I'm always bullied at school for it, My mom never takes me to the doctors and doesn't give me any medicine for it. If I ask her "Can I go to the doctors to get medicine mom?" She comes up to my face and slaps me and starts yelling at me saying "You weak, useless little b****!, Go get your own medicine!" When I try to claim that I can't drive because the closest hospital is 4 hours away, she pulls my hairs and tells me to shut up. My dad sexually abuses me and my mom doesn't care. They force me to do what ever they say and I'm sick of it! I have a dog and she's the only reason that I'm still living in this house, and my parents threaten to get rid of her if I don't do what they say. I don't have much, I don't have any friends, I just have my dog, I'm afraid to run away because I don't know where to go or how I'll take care of my self and my dog, I'm very desperate to go, I'll do anything,as long as I don't have to live with those people anymore! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi,
    Thank you for reaching out. It sounds like things at home have been really difficult and it’s brave of you to look out for your own safety and well-being!
    We’re so sorry to hear that your mother has been physically and verbally abusive. Please know that you absolutely never deserve to be treated that way. You might consider telling a trusted adult who help. That might be a local coach if you do any sports or a leader at your local religious organization, or a teacher or tutor if you use any outside instructors for homeschooling. You might also consider talking with one of your friends’ parents if you trust them or a relative. If none of these options work, you might also consider reporting the abuse on your own through the National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-422-4453.

Before you do decide to leave home, you might consider the following: where you might stay, if you have clothing for hot and cold weather, where you might get food, and how you might earn money. As far as a place to stay, you might consider living with a relative if you think your mom might be open to it. You should also be aware that if you do leave, your mother might choose to file a runaway report, so if you’re found you might be brought home; anyone who is found to be housing you might also be charged with “harboring a runaway.” These are all things to consider should you decide to leave home.

If you’d like to talk about your situation specifically, please feel free to reach out to us at the National Runaway Safeline: 1-800-786-2929. Our lines are open 24/7 to help you find resources or just lend a listening ear. Best of luck to you!

-NRS

Guest replied
    Hello,

I'm 12 and want to runaway. My mom used to physically abuse me and now she verbally. She sometimes physically. I want to runaway but have now where to go. I'm homeschooled and am to scared to tell my friends about my mom abusing me. I really just want a place to stay but don't know where to go.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hello, thank you for taking the time to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’re going through a rough time. It is understandable that you would want to leave a place where you are being threatened. It must be hard having to deal with your family not treating you fairly. You must be really strong to have been dealing with all of this for so long.
    We’re sorry you’re going through this. We are not going to tell you that you should or should not runaway. We are here to try to provide you with support and resources so that if you do decide to leave home, you are doing it intelligently and safely. So if running away is something that you really want to do then you are more than welcome to give us a call and we can talk about all of your options and help you come up with a safety plan.
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. 1-800-786-2929
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X