X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Im an 8th grader

I really want to runaway from my abusive mother. She beats me and calls me names.
    I only have one friend and she is against running away. I know that I won't survive for long but as long as I am away from my mother I'll be happy.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on and how you have been feeling. We know it takes courage to share private matters like this and we’re here to help in any way we can.

It sounds like you’ve gone through so much and from what you’ve explained, it’s completely understandable why you need to get away from your dad. Abuse is never okay. You never deserve to be physically or emotionally abused. You have a right to report that abuse, if you wanted to. NRS can help you make a child abuse report or make one for you. There’s also Child Help (800) 422-4453, they are the National Child Abuse Hotline. You can report it with them as well. They also help youth find ways to get their custody transferred to safe adults or family members. If you’re close with any teachers or school personnel, they can also make the child abuse report.

Having to live in a house where you’re being hurt will definitely effect your mental health. You mentioned that you’ve tried suicide and have thoughts about wanting to die. Having those feelings and thoughts can be a really scary space to be in. We are truly grateful that you are still living and we want you to know that your life has worth, regardless of what your brothers or dad may say to you. Having depression or any of the other mental health diseases is never your fault, but they should be taken seriously. If you ever feel like those thoughts of wanting to end your life are getting to be too overwhelming, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us or call 911. Our safeline is open 24/7, so we are always a call away. If you don’t want to call the police, we can call with you and support you through the call. Another organization that is open 24/7 and that is a good place to get support when you’re having those feelings is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800) 273-8255 www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org . They also have a chatting service on their website.

If running away is the option that you decide to go with, we can explain a bit about that option. Running away is not illegal, if you runaway, your parents can make a runaway report. The police don't always actively look for you, if they come across you, then they usually bring you home. If you explain to them that home isn't a safe place to be, they don't always return you right away. They're supposed to investigate it first. We offer to call out to youth’s local police, with youth, to find out their protocols and what happens if runaways refuse to go home. So that option is always available as well. We can also help find runaway/youth shelters in your area, so you can stay safe.

Again, we are so thankful that you reached out. We want you to know that you’re not alone in this and you’ve been so strong so far. Please remember that your life has worth. We are always here and if you want to talk more about the options that we mentioned, or just need someone to talk to don’t hesitate to contact us.

Be safe, NRS

Guest replied
    I wanna run away but I have no where to go

I'm 14 and my life is ********. I live with my dad and 4 brothers and they always treat my like ******** for being the only girl. My dad physically and emotionally abuses me and I would go live with my mother or some relatives but they all hate me and that's mainly my dads fault. I can do it anymore I've tried suicide and everything but I don't want to die I just want to leave this hell I'm supposed to call home. I can't stay with any friends cause my dad says he'll get the police to come get me I just want to go somewhere its safe. I've been depressed, I have bipolar, I am bulimic and I have anxiety and my dad and my brothers say its because I'm disgusting and week but actually its their fault. I just wanna leave. Please

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Hello, thanks for reaching out to us at NRS. It sounds like you’re in a pretty stressful living situation, particularly with your sister’s violence towards you. Know that you do not deserve to be physically abused by anybody and it is your right to reach out for help. Depending on your state, sibling abuse may or may not be considered a legal matter; however, it could be helpful to contact the National Child Abuse Hotline (800) 422-4453 to see if they can provide services, more information, support specific to this issue.
    In regards to your question about where you can go, one thing to keep in mind is that if your parents did file a runaway report, if you were to stay with an adult, they could get in trouble with the law for “harboring a runaway.” It wouldn’t be illegal, however, if your parents gave permission for you to say with them. Do you think that this would be possible for you? If not, and you are looking to run away, another option would be to stay at a shelter. Homelessshelterdirectory.org has a listing of shelters organized by city and state. You are also welcome to contact us at (800) 786-2929, as we have a database of different youth shelters. We are open 24/7, completely confidential, and here to explore what options might be available to you.
    -NRS

Guest replied
    I want to run away from home

I've been wanting to run away for a long time now but I am too emotional to even think of a plan...I am 16 years old and money is not a problem as I can get access to a credit card to keep me alive for a few months. I have lots of relatives iny country but I don't kniw if I can trust anyone of them to nit inform my parents if I do stay with them. My mom is on anti depressants and for the last 3 weeks it has been her excuse for every bad mood she is in. My dad has been working very hard lately and is barely at home and when he is we fight about every little thing. My younger sister is a total b*itch and I can not handle her rudeness anymore. She physically abuses me and with her violence is always the answer. I would want to lay a charge against her but I don'tknow how. She is the biggest reason why I would want to run away. I have several bruises on my body because of her. We fight over the smallest things but where I use words she always uses violence and as I am not a very fast runner I always get hurt. My parents do not do anything about the fact that she is violent although she has been to a psychologist before...in my opinion it didn't work.

I need advice as to where I could go and how to know who I can trust.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Reply: I'm a 5th grader

Hello,

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

We are sorry to hear about your situation and the emotional pain it has caused you.

You don’t deserve to be abused by anyone. You are very brave to reach out to NRS. If you ever feel that you are at risk you could consider calling 911 for emergency assistance.

Getting abused is not your fault. You cannot control the actions of others.

You deserve to be treated fairly. Unfortunately things sometime might feel overwhelming and you are not sure what to do.

It sounds like you are thinking about harming yourself or ending your life. Your life has worth and our top priority is your safety. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings.

You do not have to face this alone, there are support services we can try to connect you with.

If you are thinking about hurting yourself contact the National Suicide Hotline.

You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or www.1800Runaway.org (live Chat) if you need to talk.

Try not to be hard on yourself. You took a nice step reaching out to NRS.

We are here to listen and here to help.

Let us know how we can help.

Take care,

NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm a 5th grader

Life has been a hard for me when i was 4 and still is i am going through depression and no one is understanding me i wanna die but i am afraid of the pain my dad is abusive to me and my mom too i wanna run away but i don't know where to go i'm scared of living i just want a normal life but i can't have it. I have a lot of scars and bruises and school isn't easy for me i had been sexually harassed by a lot of people
    i get made fun of in school and every time i look in the mirror i look like an ugly rat, i don't know where to go if i'd run away my parents don't give a crap if i die or run away i wanna cut but i can't take the pain that's how weak i am all i can hear is the family war everyday.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: http://www.childhelplineinternationa...where-we-work/

Another helpful resource to find help and support in your country is Befrienders Worldwide, a network of suicide prevention organizations around the globe: www.befrienders.org

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country. Wishing you the best of luck!

Guest replied
    Hi, I'm 24 years old girl and I live with my family in Israel, I hate my family, hate my mother and my father, and my brothers, they treat me like a piece of ********, They never respect me, they always insulting me, they gave me nothing but pain and a lot of tears every night, I feel I'm going crazy because of them, I tried to commit suiside once.. but I wanna live, away from home, but I have no money and nowhere to go, my dream is to leave and live in America, and work hard to be a famous person, but I need someone to support me, I know nothing about traveling, I'm serious, if I stayed at home longer I will kill my self, I can't afford it anymore, I will do anything to leave and live alone but I need someone to help

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod8
    Hello there -

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We do want to say that it must be very hard for you to have to go through all of this. It sounds like a very stressful situation for you at home. No one deserves to be treated like that at all. Just know that you always have the right to report any abuse (physical, mental, sexual, or neglect/abandonment) to your local police department or child protective service in your state. You have rights too. If calling out to child protective services is something that you don’t really feel comfortable with doing, you can always give us a call to help answer any questions about the process or to walk you through what steps there are. We can also help you file if you’re worried about doing it alone. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. Bleeding through the head sounds like a serious injury that might need to be taken a look at by a medical professional.

If you give us a call on our 24/7 hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we could help you find resources in your area and could potentially help you brainstorm a possible solution to the issues you are having. We would love to talk to you about what has been going on recently. We also have an online chat service available every day.

Guest replied
    same my mom calls me words and sometimes beats me and older brother abuses me like rn im bleed through my head

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    replied
    Re: I want to run away but have no where to go

We are sorry to hear your family treats you so badly, nobody deserves to be called names or physically abused. Here is a website if you are feeling like hurting yourself www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. We want you to know that you are not alone and deserve to be treated with respect.
    You do not deserve to be attacked or made to feel like crap by anybody. You deserve to feel safe and comfortable in your own home. It sounds like you are feeling pretty unsafe at home. You have the right to call the police or 911 any time you feel like you are in immediate danger. If you are feeling like you cannot be at home, there is something called National Safe Place that you can explore more here: http://nationalsafeplace.org/ where you can find out where the nearest safe place to you is and a crisis worker can come out to you.
    We’re here to help keep you safe, and help you determine a safe plan that works for you.

Do not hesitate to call or chat with us to talk further. We’re here to help.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: I want to run away but have no where to go

Hi I'm 15 and I REALLY WANT TO run away from home because everyone bully me emotional making me want to kill myself my mum and dad says I'm really ugly and sometimes they hit me so hard that I collapse I just want to feel safe so I need somewhere to stay Please help

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    replied
    Asthma

Hi there,

We are glad that you reached out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like things aren’t going well at home. It is not okay that your brother abuses you. You do not deserve to be abused. Home is a place where you should feel comfortable and safe. Hopefully the social worker you mentioned can provide your family with some support.

There is a lot to consider when running away like who you are going to stay with, how you’ll get there, how you’ll pay for things, or if your family would file a runaway report. These are just some things to consider and we would be happy to talk to you about your specific situation if you called or chatted with us.

It takes a lot of courage to talk about these issues. Know that we are here for you if you need us. Our hotline is open 24/7 if you want to talk about running away, ways you can stay safe, abuse, or anything else you might be going through.

Best,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Asthma

Am I in the right place? Anyway my reasons are a bit different then the other in this chain of comments. My father and brother have always been messy which means the house is always messy. Doesn't matter how many times I clean it. Recently my brother did something at school and a social worker came to my house. He gave us a few days to clean up, but I know it won't happen, and we have almost no relatives. On top of that my brother abuses me and I just don't feel very loved. I have looked up everything and gotten the route down to take if worst comes to worse. However I have asthma, and it's not going to be easy since it's almost fall. What should I do? ( 14 in 5 days)

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X