No announcement yet.

I want to run away but have no where to go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi im 18 and i want to run away, I need a program or somewhere i can go and work for stay. Its not good for my mental health to stay at home, I tried to kill myself twice already, and been in the mental health hospital three times. I need to leave. I need to change my surroundings. I dont know where to go, i dont want to end up on the streets of LA. I wish i lived near wood or something

Comment

• ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that your home life has gotten to a point where you feel like you need to leave for the sake of your mental health. It sounds like you’ve had some seriously painful experiences and it makes sense that you need a change of pace. If you feel as though you are a danger to yourself or others, please call us at 1-800-786-2929 or call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. It is incredibly brave of you to reach out for help and we would be happy to see what resources might be available to you in your area that could include both short and long term shelters or mental health services. One option that is available across the country is the Job Corps. They are a national residential job training/education program that you can check out at https://www.jobcorps.gov/.

If you are interested, we could also talk more about the specifics of your situation and try to figure out what other options you might have in terms of getting yourself ready to leave and making sure you have a place to go. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Take care,
      NRS

• i am 15 and my parents mentally and physically abuse me all the time they expect me to do good in school when im not good and they call me worthless stupid and many more things, my dad just threw a plate at me and they said i will become homeless in life as they want me to be a smart student when in reality im not. I want to run away but they took my phone(writing on laptop) so idk how to get to a police station at night without a gps pls reply fast and help

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

• I’m thinking about running away but I don’t know if I have a reason to. My mom and dad call me names and emotionally abuse me and sometimes physical but they blame it on me. All I do is clean and babysit for them. I hurt my self all the time and cry myself to sleep bc I feel like they don’t care and I feel like I don’t belong where I am. Is that a good enough reason to run away?
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 02-12-2020, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod4
      ccsmod4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,
      Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

We appreciate you sharing with us what’s going on.
      Some situations can be disappointing and even upsetting thus making things uncertain about what to do or where to turn. It can be tough trying to sort out your own feelings let alone trying to carry the burden of others. You don’t deserve to be abused by anyone. It’s not your fault that they are doing this and causing you to feel so bad emotionally. Hurting yourself does not have to be an option. There are other ways of coping that you might try. Sometimes talking with someone that is supportive can be gratifying. You have a right to be upset. This sounds like it has been very frustrating for you. Running away could present another set of problems and it does not help if you are leaving one bad situation for another.
      We understand your reasoning for wanting to go and it’s good that you are reaching out. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this difficult time.
      NRS is here to listen and here to help.
      If you would like to talk more about your situation and explore some options, work on a plan for help, please call or chat soon.
      We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or www.1800Runaway.org.

You did a very brave thing by reaching out. Good for you.

Be safe and take care,
      NRS

• help me i wanna run to my friends house any tips?

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS

Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

• hi i want to run away because i am always doing the wrong thing and am always getting in trouble for it I think it would be best for my faimly and me if i run away

Comment

• ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We know it is hard to seek help and you are really brave in reaching out. I’m sorry to hear that things are tough at home and it has been making you feel like running away. It must be frustrating getting in trouble for doing the wrong things when you do not intend to do the wrong thing.

Now we are not legal experts but if you were to run away, there could be consequences to doing so. It is not illegal to runaway but rather it is seen as a status offense. What that means is that it is only something youth cannot do because they are a minor; for youth over 18, it is no longer called running away. Your parents or legal guardian do have every right to file a runaway report to the police, if you are a minor. What that would look like would be that the state would be notified that there is a report for a youth, and may or may not actively search for you, but if they find you, there is a possibility they may detain you until your parents/legal guardian is able to pick you up or they would take you straight home. If you ran away to a friend or relative, it could be seen as harboring a runaway. Most states have laws against harboring runaways and so there can be a possibility that any person who lets a runaway stay in their home, could face legal charges/charged with a misdemeanour.

If you want to talk more in depth about what is going on, do not hesitate to reach out and give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 or send us a live chat at www.1800runaway.org. We are 24/7 and completely confidential. We are here for you and we are here to listen.

Best of Luck,
      NRS

• Hi am 15 I will be 16 in April, I want to run away
    It has been on my mind for a couple of months I have run away a couple of times before and all they do is take me back to my mom's house. she verbally abuses me, anything we take about we fight over who right or want really happens. she thinks she knows how my life at school and other place goes when she not even around she thing she knows what I think, she always calls me a bad names and I think the only thing she sees in me is bad she never sees the good, she makes me feel like sh**, it hurts a lot to see that u can take your time to think about how bad u can verbal hurt your son. my dad work as a police officer he never home and when he is home we get into a fight over everything, he hates my guts I don't have money but I can get food I have clothes I can pack. I just want to get as far as I can because I don't want to be living in my mom's house anymore. there been a lot of time I have taken off and they just blow all of it over and take me back home I had a family member help me and they are in trouble for help run. there someone that could help me but I don't want to get anyone in trouble and I don't want to hurt anyone so I'm really on my own. when there a problem she thinks she fixing it but she just going around the problem and when we fix and don't fight a little bit she gives me stuff then stop and then I get mad and ask questions and we fight again and then I lose everything I don't like getting thing because then she can use it as an excuse to yell at me for her getting for me. I plan on leave tonight

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X