No announcement yet.

I want to run away but have no where to go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi i want to run away my family treat me like crap they don't care about me they treat like I'm not part of the family everyday I go to bed crying because everytime I wake up I wake to a family that doesn't care about I'm very depressed and I need help because I can't continue to go through this it hurts that no one cares about me or wut happens to me so it's better off if I just run away it's not like they will care I'm just so tired of struggling and letting everyone down I'm just another mouth to feed so there really no point of me staying here I've been hurt mentally and I don't think I can continue to go through this can you please help me your my last hope

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there, thank you for reaching out to us!

We know it can be very difficult to share your experiences and feeling with others, so we appreciate you looking for help with us. When considering running away it is important to know that running away is not a crime or illegal. When you run away your parents or guardians can make a runaway report with the police. If you are under the age of 17 police will usually return you home. Their goal is to reunite you with your family, running away is considered a status offense which means they need to reunite you simply because you are a minor not because it is illegal. If you are 17 police will not usually actively look for you and may not even take the runaway report because they assume you would be a little more independent, although exceptions do exist. Once you do runaway it can be pretty overwhelming to look for shelters or programs that may be meant for youth your age, you could choose to look on your own but here at NRS we can help you look for shelters nearest to you. If you would like help looking you could chat with us at www.1800runaway.org or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

The situation your in can be very difficult to deal with especially if you feel you don’t have support, if you would like someone to talk to we could help you as well or you could choose to call National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 or you could also text NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) by texting NAMI to 741741. You do not deserve to feel this way or to be treated differently, remember there is support out there. If you do choose to runaway we can help you develop a plan and have a safe place to go. If you have any further questions please feel free to call or chat with us at www.1800runaway.org or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

We wish you the best of luck.

• I’m 14 and Moroccan I’m living with my mom and she abuses me and i really can’t handle i do wanna run away and i don’t know where and pls can u help even if there’s anyone to adopt me I’m down for it i just don’t want this family

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

• My friend and I are 13, and we are having it rough. School is just a horrible thing where we get labeled, called names and have horrible home lives. I get in trouble bc I look at my phone. My parents got divorced when I was 2 and I lived with my grandparents for 10 years. They are very strict. I never get any freedom and it seems like I am disciplined for having an opinion. My friends life is worst and I don’t feel like going into detail. We want to run away together where no one knows us. But everyone will judge. My friend and I are controlled on what people think about us and we want to escape. I feel like I won’t have the guts too. That we will just have to deal with this stupid society. We both will feel bad if we do run away but we can’t handle this. We have a plan but no destination. We need help.

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      We could help you look up teen shelters in your area, but many shelters would need your parents' permission to admit you for legal reasons. We understand you are struggling to figure out where to go. Sometimes it helps to get permission from your guardians to live with another family member for the time being. Your safety is a priority, and it is important to know where you are going, as well as where you would go if that destination did not work out.
      We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• Hello. I'm 14 almost 15. I have a best friend and we both have abusive families. We want to run away in the future once we're done with high school, but we have nowhere to go and we want to go to college. We don't know where to run away to and we don't have any money. I really need help and I have no idea what to do. Where do I go? How do I go to college? How do I get a job for money? How do I pack all my things? My parents said I cannot leave and I have to go to a college near their houses. I can't choose my college, job, or where to live. If I do choose for myself they won't support me with the money and beat me up. If I ever do run away I do feel a little sad because I will miss them a little bit but it's for the best because all these years my depression and self-harm were all because of my 'family'. I can only leave if I get married to a man and live with him. I don't want to get married and I'm a lesbian and my whole family is homophobic... Please help me. I have a dream and my family say that it will never happen, that I'm not "special", and that they hate me.

I am not allowed to really go anywhere. I don't have the freedom and so I can't really just walk out the door. I have so many siblings too and it's very very rare for me to be left alone at home for hours. If I'm lucky maybe less than an hour. I do have a bunch of other things that will help me? I have bags with medicine, bandaids, pocket knives, those type of stuff. I don't plan on running away until my last school year. I need to run away because I'm pretty patient and I've been counting down the years for so long. I always have excuses ready and plan a , b , c ,d , etc if things don't go as planned. I feel like I'll be very prepared but I feel like If I don't make it out of here successfully I think in the end I might just kill myself. I'm also not 100% sure if my friend feels the same way about running away. We talked about it a long time ago but I don't know if she changed her mind. Please help me it hurts me so much thinking that I won't make it. (I am also online schooled) Please help me and thank you so much.
    Last edited by ccsmod1; 12-09-2019, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with such limited independence and where you cannot be happy. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do.

You said that both you and your friend are living in abusive households. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

You also mentioned a couple things about self-harming and thoughts of suicide. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. We know that stressors like this can be overwhelming at times and it sounds like you have turned to self-injury as a way to cope. It’s totally understandable that you would want to do something to give you a feeling of power and control when you may feel hopeless. To Write Love on Her Arms is an organization dedicated to supporting people who use this coping mechanism on their road to self-realization and recovery. You can check them out by going to https://twloha.com/. If you’d like some additional support, an organization that may be helpful is the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). You can contact them by calling 1-800-950-NAMI or you can text them by sending NAMI to 741741.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X