No announcement yet.

I want to run away but have no where to go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t fit in with my family and feel unwanted and just want to live my life to the best of my ability but I can’t do that here but I have no money and don’t know what to do

Comment

• ccsmod4
      ccsmod4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We would like to be of assistance to you if we can. It is times like these that would be nice to have a listening ear. It is also important that you remember to exercise self- care. You did well by reaching out.
      We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat so that we might learn a little more about your situation and how we might assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
      NRS

• I really, really want to run away, but I'm afraid that I'll get caught. I have a really strict, and mean family. I don't like living with my parents or my siblings.
    Last edited by ccsmod7; 11-03-2019, 04:39 PM. Reason: identifying info / inappropriate

Comment

• ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We’re sorry to hear that you are struggling so much with your parents and siblings. It must be really difficult to live in that sort of environment and it makes sense why you would want to leave. We would be happy to talk to you about running away, what that might look like, and how you can do it in a way that keeps you safe. We can also talk about your situation more specifically and see what other options there might be. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Best,
      NRS

• I’m 13 and I want to run away bc my mom said we have to go to a doctor to see if I had sex with anybody and I’m scared bc I idk man it’s just hard bc I just done living with her frl like I need a better place then this

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are having a tough time. This doctors visit seems to be the source of your stress and what is making you want to runaway. Maybe before the doctor’s visit you can sit down and have an honest conversation with your mom about if you are sexually active. If you can’t talk to your mom maybe try a family member, teacher or guidance counselor. If you want information you can go to sexetc.org
      Running away may seem like it can solve everything but it just creates more issues you have to consider. You have to think about shelter and how you would get the necessities you need. Also 18 years old is generally the age that an individual may leave home without permission from their parent or legal guardian. We are not legal experts here but we can speak in general terms. If you are under 18 and leave home without permission, your parent/guardian may file a runaway report with the police. What actions the police take once you are filed as a runaway can vary a lot from state to state and even city to city so we cannot predict exactly what would happen in your case. Generally speaking, if you encounter a police officer while reported as a runaway, you will likely be returned home. However, in that case there may be services (family counseling, etc.) available to you as a youth in crisis/runaway but again, police procedures related to offering those services can be different based on your location or the details of your situation. Another thing to consider is that while running away is not a crime, a legal adult who allows you to stay with them may be putting themselves at risk for being charged with harboring a runaway. One way to find out the laws in your area is to call your local police and ask what their policies are regarding runaway youth.
      Last edited by ccsmod3; 11-04-2019, 03:15 AM.

• My parents are divorced and I’m so unhappy at both houses. It’s the worst being stuck and having no where else to go. My dad threatens to take my car away if I don’t do exactly what he says. My grades are slipping and I have no motivation. I’ve begged my parents to send me to boarding school or something but they refuse.

Comment

• ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We’re glad that you felt comfortable enough to reach out to us. It sounds like you’re having a rough time with your parents being divorced and going between both houses. It sounds like you’re frustrated your parents won’t listen to you, but you’re trying to get the resources you feel you need. It might be beneficial to have a trusted adult help you speak with your parents. That way you can get across how you’re feeling and what you would like to do going forward. One of the services we offer here at the National Runaway Safeline is conference calls between youth and parents. That way you have someone who can help facilitate the conversation instead of your parents taking charge and ignoring what you may want to discuss. If you want to try this service or just talk more in-depth about your situation, feel free to call us 24/7 at 1-800-786-2929.

• Originally posted by FabulousKilljoy View Post
    I'm 13 and I really want to run away. My mom emotionally abuses me and sometimes physical, she said that she would 'beat' me like she did with my sister if I wasn't so fragile. I have only one friend offline because i'm home schooled, but I'm afraid to tell him that I want to runaway. I am aware that the real world is harsh, and I will probably not survive for long by myself, and that's why I want to take a friend, but like I said, I only have one. I kind-of have a plan in my head if I do runaway, but it will probably backfire like most things I try and do. I don't think I can take this much longer, I have become careless, angry at everybody, and bulimic. I also cry myself to sleep sometimes, and self harm. Earlier today, my mom hit me for having an angry tone, but I can't help it. She also chases me around the house trying to hit me with a wooden spoon, but luckily my Grandmother's bathroom has a drawer that blocks the door, but it is on the other side of the house. I'm afraid to tell anybody because I think they will say that I shouldn't 'because she still loves me' but I honestly doubt that, and don't care. I'm starting to fail school and have no appetite most of the time, but when I do, I try to vomit my meal if I can. Please help.
    i think you should tell your mom how you feel and tell someone you trust that can get you help that you and your mom need even though you are scared you should NOT Runaway if you runaway you could most likely get hurt even more there are a lot of bad people in the world and you would need some where to stay it is starting to get cold you could get very sick from being outside so stay and try to eat you could get very sick if you do not eat.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for responding to one of the posts on our forum page. We appreciate you sharing your support with other and it shows you want to help others. While we here at NRS are non-directive we appreciate your concern for others.
      If you or the original poster would like to reach out please do! We are here 24/7 to help and here to listen. Best of luck!
      NRS

• I’m 12 and I’m thinking about running a way.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 11-09-2019, 02:14 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod4
      ccsmod4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you are considering running away.
      Perhaps this is something you might want to talk about.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Take care,
      NRS

• I have nowhere to go. I'm a huge emotional mess. I'm trying to figure out where I'm gonna go. I wanna take my parent's '01 Wrangler, but I know I'll get arrested. I'm 12, struggling with anxiety, ADHD, depression, and many more things. I just need somewhere to go where I actually feel accepted in life.

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It can be really hard to not feel accepted. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do. It’s important to consider all the possibilities that can occur if you leave home. You will need to plan out how you will cover basic necessities like travel, food, clothing, etc. If you have a place to go in mind, it’s good to see what the expectations of the living arrangement will be like; rules, the amount of time you’re allowed to stay, if you’re expected to contribute financially, etc. Living on your own can also bring about many safety risks. You will need to consider ways that you can protect yourself from physical harm as well as the possibility of sexual and labor exploitation. This can all influence your decision to leave.

You mentioned that you've been having some issues with ADD, depression, and anxiety lately. It can be really hard to live with mental health issues and we want you to know that you aren’t alone in addressing them. If you’d like some additional support, an organization that may be helpful is the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). You can contact them by calling 1-800-950-NAMI or you can text them by sending NAMI to 741741. Another agency that could be of great help is the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), they can help you locate low or no cost mental health care providers in your area. Their number is 1-800-662-4357 or you can go to their site at samhsa.gov.

It seems like maybe your parents might not realize how hard thing are for you right now. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your parents so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

• Hi everyone who is going to read this around the world, i just wanna say that i'm going through something too. I know you are probably feeling alone and isolated in this world. But i understand what you are going through, You are NOT the only one having problems. I know that you might not believe what i'm saying because i'm just 1 person, trying to let you know that I will be there for you, even if i don't know you. Just know i understand how you feel. And if this makes you feel any better...then i've done my job. Everything will get better, trust me...it will. There has to be a little rain (or a hurricane) before a rainbow.
    Sincerely,
    A well wisher

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your response to another user’s post. Often forums are a place of support and understanding for many youth. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another. For anyone experiencing any difficulties or challenges, the National Runaway Safeline encourages youth to reach out to our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat for immediate services.

Thank you,

NRS

• I don't know what to do,
    my parents aren't bad people at all but they get really mad at me and begin emotionally abusing me and physically abusing me when theyre angry, which makes sense, but it really hurts my emotional health and lately ive even had thoughts of ending my own life. I'm 14 and ive done everything wrong. anything bad you can think of, ive done it and i understand my parents but im just not happy at home anymore. theyre taking me out of public school and ive reached out to friends willing to take care of me but dont know how the consequences will be and if i should do it or not. i really dont feel happy and i feel my parents dont even want me around. theyve said it. im 14 and want to leave to my friends house. what should i do?

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

It looks like you might have contacted NRS today through another means (for example, live chat, email or bulletin) for the same issue. Thank you for contacting us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services. Please call or chat us again if your situation changes or if you have more questions or concerns, or if you need additional support. We are here for you: 1-800-RUNAWAY; www.1800runaway.org.

Best of luck,

NRS

• hi.
    so my dad sometimes calls me retarded and names like that, he says them in a jokingly way (sometimes) but it still hurts me, and last night when he told me to let my dog out, i went to me bedroom just to sit down for a minuet before letting her out, and then he said there is something wrong with my brain and took my phone away. He always yells at me for stupid things and mistakes. And one time in like 6th grade (im in 9th grade now) I went to my school councler, and she called my parents, and my dad got mad at me for going to a "stranger" and not my family for help, and i have this problem where i refuse to try and get emotional help from family, idk why its just so awkward for me. and for my mom, theres nothing bad about her, she gets mad for actually sensible stuff, and rarely gets mad anyways. I kinda want to run away, but id feel bad for my mom and I have plans for the future that might get destroyed from running away. i have suicidal thoughts sometimes and i have mental breakdowns almost every night and i dont know what to do

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do. It’s important to consider all the possibilities that can occur if you leave home. You will need to plan out how you will cover basic necessities like travel, food, clothing, etc. If you have a place to go in mind, it’s good to see what the expectations of the living arrangement will be like; rules, the amount of time you’re allowed to stay, if you’re expected to contribute financially, etc. Living on your own can also bring about many safety risks. You will need to consider ways that you can protect yourself from physical harm as well as the possibility of sexual and labor exploitation. This can all influence your decision to leave.

You mentioned that your parents tell you to come to them to talk about your feelings but have a poor reaction when you open up. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your parents so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

You mentioned towards the end of your post that you've been having nightly mental breakdowns and that sometimes it leaves you feeling suicidal. We care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. If you’d like some additional support, an organization that may be helpful is the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). You can contact them by calling 1-800-950-NAMI or you can text them by sending NAMI to 741741.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

• I want to run away but I have no where to go

For the past couple of months I have been going through a lot depression and arguments with my mother she says she loves me but she doesnt she hates me I wanna run away so badly but I don't wanna get kidnapped or something I'm 13 please help.

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      You mentioned you’re experiencing depression. Sometimes it helps to talk to a mental health professional about how you’re feeling. There is the Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services hotline at 1-800-622-4357. You can also text NAMI to 741741. Both of these organizations might be able to help you explore some of these thoughts and feelings you are having.
      We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• Hi I’m Brannon and I live in Memphis. Right now my dad has custody of me and he is emotionally abusive I don’t live a stable life and I rarely see my mom. I’m 14 about to turn 15 in April and I’m stuck in the seventh grade. Both my parents have cheated on each other and my step mom hates me and my mom. My dad also hates my mom. They will lock me in my room and talk trash about her for almost an hour and it sucks. He threatens to beat me and all other horrible things. When I do get to see my mom it’s only for 3 days a month and it AMAZING. She loves me and my little brother. She’s engaged with an amazing man and he is also AMAZING. And right now I have to go into court and fight for custody change. My dad’s acting sooo fake right now because he gotten in trouble with the courts and my stepmom. They been looking at cars for me and have been trying to bribe me so I don’t go with my mom. But here comes the plot twist she lives in Atlanta and I’ve lived in over 7 homes and gone to I’ve 8 schools. The school I’m in is AMAZING except for all the frickin home work they give out and it the second longest school system of been in. A solid three years. But I’m torn into two about what to do. I’m bisexual and I’m sure my dad won’t accept me. And because of all of this I want to run away and I don’t know what to do. I have a knife, around a hundred dollars, warm cloths, and a go kart that I need to fix the breaks on. As I’ve read it’s not illegal to run away but to whoever I go to they can be arrested for helping me. And that person is my mom, but if I do she may not get custody of me and I just don’t know what to do.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 11-22-2019, 01:56 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod4
      ccsmod4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. Though we understand the frustration you must feel it sounds like things are progressing towards you possibly moving with your mom by a court decision. Perhaps running away is something you might consider talking with your mother about. The two of you may be able to come up with some other options for coping with your current situation.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Take care,
      NRS

• My Mom barley spend time with me its like im being ignored in the family and She always wanna go by my dad and stay there and i just want to runaway

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We are sorry about what is going on at home. We want to let you know you don’t deserve that. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe, NRS

• I'm 12. My mom has been neglectful and emotionally abusive. And I want to run away but I don't have any resources and I'm having issues getting out. She keeps me in the house and homeschooled me I'm rarely able to leave or speak to people. Mom always favors my brother and my dad doesn't bother anymore as they are divorced. It's gotten to a point that I self harm as a coping mechanism. I don't have any friends anymore. She's driven all the good things out of my life. And I just really need to get out of here. Please help. Any advice or anything is appreciated.

Please help me
    Last edited by ccsmod13; 11-26-2019, 05:22 PM. Reason: Personal info.

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you with figuring out your next steps in this difficult situation. Asking for help was really responsible and smart of you. We are sorry to hear things are so unstable at home. You deserve to live somewhere that makes you feel safe and supported.

You mentioned that you have been self harming as a coping mechanism. It can be really stressful when the adults in our lives are not supportive. You are not alone and you deserve to get the support that you need. You can talk to a counselor with a crisis text line by texting "connect" to 741741. Having a safe space to talk about what is going on might help you cope with some of the stress and possibly come up with some other coping strategies.

We are here to support you and connect you with resources. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. Talking more in detail about your situation would make sure we can brainstorm your possible options with you and best help you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

NRS
      Last edited by ccsmod13; 11-26-2019, 05:32 PM.

• I want to run away but I don’t know where

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you with figuring out your next steps in this difficult situation.If you make the decision to leave, we happy to connect you with safe places to go like youth shelters if you call or chat with us.

We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Be safe, NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X