No announcement yet.

I want to run away but have no where to go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My parents are sending me to this treatment thin and it's terrible... I want to run away so much but
    not from my family... Ik it sounds weird but I love them and don't want to leave them, I just cannot and WILL NOT go to this place. I wish there was a way to not let them send me there. Like it's against my will and I feel like if they don't change their minds and fast, I have to go... But I don't want to. I don't know what to do!

Comment

• My parents are sending me....

Hi,
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We would like to hear more about your situation in order to see if there might be some options to explore.
      Perhaps through talking you might come up with a plan to discuss with your family about the way you are feeling about this decision.
      We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
      NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• I am 13 and I have such a bad life that I just wanted things to go back the way they were so I'm going to run away from my nans and pops house to live with my mum
        Last edited by ccsmod4; 09-14-2019, 04:16 AM.

Comment

• I am 13 and I have such a bad life

Hello,
          Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you are not happy in your current situation and thinking about running away to stay with your mom. We understand that sometimes things become overwhelming and it can be difficult to figure things out.
          It is times like these that would be nice to have a listening ear.
          We would like to be of assistance to you if we can. It is also important that you remember to exercise self- care. You did a good job by reaching out to NRS. Good for you.
          We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat so that we might learn a little more about your situation and how we might assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Take care,
          NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

• I am on the street now and I have no water or food I have no where to go I’m scared!

Comment

• ccsmod7
              ccsmod7 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. If you call or chat us we can look for shelters in your area if you need a safe place to go. We can also look for food resources in your area. Please know that you are not alone. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,

NRS

• I am 18 years old almost 19, I am extremely emotionally unstable, me and my dad constantly get into arguments about how I stay out too late (meaning like 1-2 am) which keeps him awake and he has early work in the mornings, I tell him that everyone my age has no curfew and that he treats me like I'm 12 years old who has a curfew of 10 when all my friends are out til 1-4 am. And I get that there's no reason to be out that late but all my friends have jobs and arent off til around 8 or 9 and i have school from 8-3 every day so I hardly get to spend time with them. My mom has health problems and is somewhat bed ridden so I have to do things around the house for her plus drive her to her appointments, which dont get me wrong, I dont mean to sound selfish but its hard to take care of someone else when I need to care for myself because I pretty much hate myself, I am very insecure about everything, I have anxiety and depression (we are an LDS family) so sometimes I'll accidentally let the f word slip or something like that which makes him angrier and i dont know how to control myself from screwing up all the time and I hate staying here because I feel like it makes me and my dads relationship toxic and i love my dad but i dont want it to get worse and i just need some space from this house but have no where to go bc if i leave i get my car taken away, and i have no job so i have no money so i have no idea what to do.

Comment

• ccsmod15
              ccsmod15 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi, thank you for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did. Your situation sounds hard and complicated. It sounds like you get into arguments with your dad and that your mom has health issues. It sounds like you have mental health issues and the arguments make that worse. It sounds like you want to leave, but don’t have the means and you’d like to keep having access to your parent’s car.
              It may be possible that there is a transitional living program in your area, which would give you a safe place to stay while you get a job and prepare for independence. They may even have therapy services to help you with your emotional health.
              Another possibility is you’d rather stay at home is to compromise with your dad about which nights you stay out late that wouldn’t interfere with his sleep and work. It sounds like he is the main financial support for your family, so a negotiation might make that situation better.
              If you’d like to talk over these options or have us search for a shelter for you, please reach out to us by phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY, or reach us by live chat through www.1800runaway.org
              We hope this helps.
              Sincerely, NRS

• I don’t know what to do I’m 13 and my family is just terrible. My dad is always yelling at me insulting me calling me dumb and stupid. My mom calls me ugly even when we’re not talking she says I was a mistake and I do nothing but make her life harder. I have a brother who is 10 and another who is 3 and I love them to death they don’t treat me bad or anything but my parents never act the way they do to me to them. My parents both physically abuse me they leave marks on me and bruises my mom kicked me once then I fell and kept kicking me into the wall after that I couldn’t walk properly for some days and she refused to believe it was because of her. They we threatening to send me away back to Ethiopia where we came from saying I would never come back and they wished that they would never have to see me again. I self-harm and Want to kill myself my parents know and say things like "use the other arm" or "kill yourself already were tired of waiting" and so much more. These things have made me turn angry and closed off from people like my closest friends. I just don’t know why they do these things to me because they never did before and I just want them to tell me that they love me again. I cry practically every day and many times I lock myself in my bathroom with a bottle of pills about to kill myself. I want to run away because I don’t know what else to do I have gone to the police twice but they never helped I have also gone to the school I go to but they haven’t helped either. If I do run away I don’t have anywhere to go all my family is in Ethiopia and I’m going to be all by myself. Any tips? I live In Maryland.
            Last edited by ccsmod4; 09-17-2019, 01:40 AM.

Comment

• I don't know what to do

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

With everything that you have been going through at home with mom and dad it took a lot of courage for you to reach out. We appreciate you sharing your feelings about the situation. Good job. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed and or thinking about harming yourself. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. it is not your fault that they mistreat you. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
              For depression or suicidal thoughts you might consider contacting the National Suicide and Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.

Again you do not deserve to be abused physically, emotionally etc.
              It is not your fault that this is happening. You cannot control what others choose to do.
              Seeking help is an option available to you.

To report any abusive treatment there is Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We are limited as to how we can help in this type of forum.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in.

Be safe,
              NRS

Comment

• I want to run away my life has gone to hell in Louisiana my attorney called me names and dcfs has taken my kids cause I'm slow at learning and because I have seizures. People think I'm a freak that shouldn't be a mother.
                Last edited by ccsmod1; 09-25-2019, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod1
                  ccsmod1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing a bit about what's going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It sounds like you are in a really tough spot right now but you are really strong and resilient for having gone through what you are. You are not a freak and it's not acceptable for anytone to be telling you otherwise. It's not right for your attorney to call you names and it may be beneficial to look for legal assistance elsewhere. If you want, you can find a legal aid group near you by going to https://louisianalawhelp.org/. You may also want to speak with your caseworker at DCFS to work out possible plans to either regain custody of your kids or increase visitation.

Be safe,
                  NRS

• I’m Jada and my mom stresses me out I’ve just gotten done having a mental breakdown because of her I want to run away but idk where to go. The other day she called me miserable the scary thing is that she doesn’t know I have a bf he’s a good guy too but she knows who he is but not that I’m with him tho. I also have an annoying stepdad ugh don’t even get me started the only thing that makes me happy is my bf, dad, and school

Comment

• ccsmod10
                  ccsmod10 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.

While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.

We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,
                  NRS

• Name is Amanda I plan on running away and starting my life over we’re would the safest place to hide out for a few days with out getting caught

Comment

• ccsmod3
                  ccsmod3 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for reaching out to us, Amanda. It sounds like you are planning on running away but want some information from us on places to go. The safest place to go when you are planning on leaving home would be with family or friends or someone you know. If that isn’t possible you can always call us for shelter resources at 1800-Runaway or go to homelessshelterdirectory.org. If you are a minor and planning on running away most shelters will only let you stay for a couple of days without your parents’ consent. They may have to reach out to your parents. Also if your parents file a runaway report and they locate you the police would most likely return you back home. The safest thing is to try and have a conversation with someone you trust about options, you can even call us to go over what options you have. In the meantime, you can contact NAMI as a resource if you just need to talk to someone about what you are feeling and what is going on at home. If you feel like you are in an unsafe environment contact the police or you can call Child Help 1800-422-4453 to report any abuse taking place.

• i’m running away and i need somewhere to go . i’m on the move now but i don’t have a location to where

Comment

• ccsmod7
                  ccsmod7 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi there, thanks for reaching out today. Sounds like you are planning on leaving but you do not have anywhere to go. If you call or chat us we call look for local runaway and homeless youth shelters in your area. Please don't hesitate to contact us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or www.1800runaway.org if you would like us to see what is in your area.

If you’re feeling unsafe and need a safe place to go and talk to someone, you may wish to visit The National Safeplace website (www.nationalsafeplace.org). This organization provides access to immediate help and supportive resources for youth in need. You can look up your city and state to see if there are any safe places near you listed. So that is always an option if you feel like talking to someone in person about what has been going on or if you just need of a safe place to stay. You also may use your phone to text the word “safe” and your current location (city/state/zip) to 69866. If there are safe places and shelters nearby, a list of those will be sent to your phone and you may have the option to text back and forth with a trained counselor as well.

Be safe,

NRS

• I want to runaway if not I might kill myself. My mom traps me In the house and I only can go to school and have to come back. My mom forces me to wear a scarf because she Muslim but I'm not. I don't believe in anything I'm atheist. I lost hope in my religion. My sister don't care about me. My dad likes me.i have one brother but he don't care about me either and he never did. I want to do what i want and be free. I want to runaway and change my identity and my look. I want to get a job but I'm only 14 which is hard. I don't know what to do?

Comment

• ccsmod7
                  ccsmod7 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now with your family and their religion. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in killing yourself if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

It cannot be easy to feel trapped like that and to feel like you are unwanted and unable to be yourself. You mentioned that your dad likes you, if you haven't already, you might try to let him know how you are feeling trapped. He might be able to help talk to your mom. Here at NRS, we do have a conference call service if you would ever like to have a mediated call with your parents to let them know how you are feeling. Unfortunately, at 14 it might be hard for you to gain work. You might try to look for informal work like babysitting and mowing lawns.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
                  If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Be safe and stay strong,

NRS
                  Last edited by ccsmod7; 09-30-2019, 03:02 AM.

• I am a twelve year old girl and my dad is extremely mean to me. He calls me pathetic, a waste of space, an accident, retarded, and pretty much any swear word you can come up with. That is just what emotionally hurts me. Just a week ago my dad stepped on my stomach. Hard. My dad weighs about 300 pounds, and I could not even breathe. He has chocked me before, and even ordered me to kill myself. I am in seventh grade, and whenever I come home I feel depressed from everybody bullying me. I try telling my father, but he just says I'm the problem. I'm sure if we were alive when world war two was in place, according to my father I would have started it all. Why am I writing this now? Because as I'm typing my dad is screaming at me. Why? Want to take a guess? Alright. Well, it’s because I told him about people who threated to beat me up. I'm the cause of that apparently. I have depression, anxiety, and I am very insecure about my appearance. I need help. Nobody listens. I was molested by my mother’s boyfriend a year ago. PLEASE HELP ME LORD. I'm going to kill myself soon...
                Last edited by ccsmod4; 10-01-2019, 01:10 AM.

Comment

• I am a twelve year old girl

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

With everything that you have been going through at home with your parent’s it took a lot of courage for you to reach out. We appreciate you sharing your feelings about the situation. Well done. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
                  If you would like to talk more in detail please call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 9-1-1 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If you are feeling suicidal contact- the
                  National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255

Be safe,
                  NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  x
                  Working...
                  X