No announcement yet.

I want to run away but have no where to go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My parents are sending me to this treatment thin and it's terrible... I want to run away so much but
    not from my family... Ik it sounds weird but I love them and don't want to leave them, I just cannot and WILL NOT go to this place. I wish there was a way to not let them send me there. Like it's against my will and I feel like if they don't change their minds and fast, I have to go... But I don't want to. I don't know what to do!

Comment

• My parents are sending me....

Hi,
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We would like to hear more about your situation in order to see if there might be some options to explore.
      Perhaps through talking you might come up with a plan to discuss with your family about the way you are feeling about this decision.
      We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
      NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• I am 13 and I have such a bad life that I just wanted things to go back the way they were so I'm going to run away from my nans and pops house to live with my mum
        Last edited by ccsmod4; Yesterday, 04:16 AM.

Comment

• I am 13 and I have such a bad life

Hello,
          Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you are not happy in your current situation and thinking about running away to stay with your mom. We understand that sometimes things become overwhelming and it can be difficult to figure things out.
          It is times like these that would be nice to have a listening ear.
          We would like to be of assistance to you if we can. It is also important that you remember to exercise self- care. You did a good job by reaching out to NRS. Good for you.
          We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat so that we might learn a little more about your situation and how we might assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Take care,
          NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
          [email protected] (Crisis Email)
          1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
          https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• I am on the street now and I have no water or food I have no where to go I’m scared!

Comment

• ccsmod7
              ccsmod7 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. If you call or chat us we can look for shelters in your area if you need a safe place to go. We can also look for food resources in your area. Please know that you are not alone. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,

NRS

• I am 18 years old almost 19, I am extremely emotionally unstable, me and my dad constantly get into arguments about how I stay out too late (meaning like 1-2 am) which keeps him awake and he has early work in the mornings, I tell him that everyone my age has no curfew and that he treats me like I'm 12 years old who has a curfew of 10 when all my friends are out til 1-4 am. And I get that there's no reason to be out that late but all my friends have jobs and arent off til around 8 or 9 and i have school from 8-3 every day so I hardly get to spend time with them. My mom has health problems and is somewhat bed ridden so I have to do things around the house for her plus drive her to her appointments, which dont get me wrong, I dont mean to sound selfish but its hard to take care of someone else when I need to care for myself because I pretty much hate myself, I am very insecure about everything, I have anxiety and depression (we are an LDS family) so sometimes I'll accidentally let the f word slip or something like that which makes him angrier and i dont know how to control myself from screwing up all the time and I hate staying here because I feel like it makes me and my dads relationship toxic and i love my dad but i dont want it to get worse and i just need some space from this house but have no where to go bc if i leave i get my car taken away, and i have no job so i have no money so i have no idea what to do.

Comment

• ccsmod15
              ccsmod15 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi, thank you for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did. Your situation sounds hard and complicated. It sounds like you get into arguments with your dad and that your mom has health issues. It sounds like you have mental health issues and the arguments make that worse. It sounds like you want to leave, but don’t have the means and you’d like to keep having access to your parent’s car.
              It may be possible that there is a transitional living program in your area, which would give you a safe place to stay while you get a job and prepare for independence. They may even have therapy services to help you with your emotional health.
              Another possibility is you’d rather stay at home is to compromise with your dad about which nights you stay out late that wouldn’t interfere with his sleep and work. It sounds like he is the main financial support for your family, so a negotiation might make that situation better.
              If you’d like to talk over these options or have us search for a shelter for you, please reach out to us by phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY, or reach us by live chat through www.1800runaway.org
              We hope this helps.
              Sincerely, NRS
          Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X