I want to run away but have no where to go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm am 12 years old

I want to run away but I'm afraid of the consequences. I have an abusive older brother and he calls me lots of names like "Brat" and other unnecessary names and he hits me a lot. I tell my mom about it but she doesn't do anything about and she doesn't believe me. Sometimes even my mom sides with him and she yells at me for it and sometimes hits me. I have 3 other brothers they are okay but are never at home. One is locked up and in prison, the other is in the marines,and the last is sometimes at home but always has places to go. My other brothers don't even stand up for me, they see that I'm getting bullied but all they do is ignore what I'm going through. My brother in prison sometimes stood up for me but, he can't help me now. I'm thinking of resorting to running away and self harm. I have a few friends but we have gotten more distant since we became friends. My dad is nice but he lives somewhere else and I don't have his address I wish I could run away to my dad. One time I tried to commit suicide but the wire I was using snapped. I want to tell people about me attempting to kill myself but,I'm afraid that they will think I'm sick and a weirdo. People at school also bully and make fun of me and say "You better watch your back" and call me "nerd" just because I wear glasses. I am not very smart and my grades are failing. One time I almost snapped and grabbed a knife from the kitchen and approached my brother with it. I was behind him with the knife in my right hand and then I realized what I was doing and put the knife back and cried myself to sleep. In one of the many times my brother has hit me he punched my stomach multiple times and punched me in the face. I was left with bruises on my stomach and a cut on my face.every day I just stay In my room avoiding my abusive older brother. I have become pale from staying in my room all day. I try to make friends but, they just make fun of me and tell me to get lost or they just laugh me off.ever day I look in the mirror and say "Am I going to be like my brother"

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there, thanks for reaching out today, sounds like you have been through more than anyone should have to go through. You mentioned being really hurt by your brother and also that you have attempted to kill yourself and are afraid to tell the unsupportive people around you. Those feelings are significant and you so deserve to feel safe in your own home and to feel like you can reach out for support. We are so glad you are still with us. You have infinite value and we truly want to support you during this difficult time.

It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and we are so glad that you did. Your life has worth and our top priority is your safety. If you feel this is an emergency you could consider calling 911 for emergency assistance. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk.

It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being seriously harmed by your brother, and your mom takes his side. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,

NRS

• Hi I’m 15 and I wanna run away
    So I have a pretty decent life and everything but his last year something wrong has happened to me..I’ve gotten in trouble over some things that I shouldn’t have done and every time my mom catches me, I got in trouble just a day ago and my mom asked if I cared if she were to die would I care and I told her that I do and she says that I don’t...wherein Bremerton Washington can I run off Toto get away for a little bit..?

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      First of all it is great that you reaching out about your situation and that you feel safe talking about it. It can be frustrating when you are trying to rebuild that trust with someone and they don’t believe you.
      In regards to finding a place to stay at the moment you can always try the Homeless Shelters directory and their website is https://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/ or you can try national safe place you can contact them by texting 44357 (SAFE & Location). Another option is a conference call with us which is when you call here and we can act as an in-between with your parents in a non-judgement way.
      Remember to stay safe and that we are always here for you and we can be reach at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat 24/7.
      Thanks and good luck.

• Hi, I will not be revealing my name, so just call me L.

Hi, im L, and I am 12 years old. And I want to run away from home soon, but I have no where to go... My situation is really complicated, and its a long story. So when I was around 6, my parents split up, and it was really hard for me because they made me choose sides. I chose my mom because I felt closer to her. Luckily, I still get to see my dad, mostly on the weekends.

But about a year or two later, I was around 7 and one of my older sisters had passed away, at just 18. I took it really hard, but I never got a chance to see her, because she lived in Mexico with my other sister and brother. My mom got depressed, and i didnt know what to do.

After that, around 2 years passed, and my mom met this guy... we will call him A. So my mom and A started dating and after being together for 2 years, they had a baby which is now my sister. My mom is still together with him, and this year is I think around the 5th year together. Me and one of my sisters who lived with our mom approved of him. We thought he was okay.

I am currently 12 years old as I had mentioned,...And the reason I want to runaway is because he is being.......really sexual towards me... I feel really uncomfortable being alone with him, I've been kinda scared. One day me and him went to our local liquor store. He got his drinks and i got my chips. Then when we were walking back to the house, I say thank you, and then he wraps his arm around my shoulders and says: "you can thank me in other ways..." Me pretending, trying not to know what he means says: "Umm what do you mean?" And he says "Ways that make me feel good" and i start to panic and sweat. I then say:" I dont know what you are talking about" then he says:"you will understand when youre older."

We finally reach my house and I run to the bathroom and I just panic. I start to think and i get so scared of what he might do to me. He also touches me sometimes, like puts his hand under my shirt, even touches my bra strap, when im laying in my bed using my phone. I push him away and go to the bathroom. Then go outside where my mom is. Other things he does to me that are the most commen are slapping my but. I really feel so uncomfortable.

Another tume, he said he was going to sleep with me in my bed, and layed down really close to me. I was really scared and I went to go sleep in the couch. And my mom was saying: "Oh my god you are being so dramatic he was just playing around like go back to youre bed" and i told her : Hell no." Like excuse me for not wanting to sleep next to a grown a** man who has his own fricking bed.

I really feel scared and uncomfortable and i really want to tell my mom everything, but she is just really hapoy with him and i font want to ruin that. Besides if i do tell her, she will most likely want to move out of the house. Like where else will we go? She doesnt have a job. And my little sister is barely turning 6, and i dont want her to grow up with out her father.

So i just want to runaway from it all, but i have no where to go. Please help me, or give me advice, please please please !!

Comment

• Thank you very much for reaching out to us. We want you to know that we believe you and are here to listen and to help you. Your situation sounds very stressful and hard so very much for you to deal with. We are very sorry to hear that your parents split up and then that sister passed away. We are glad that you get to see your dad on the weekends.

What is happening to you now with your mom’s husband is, as you’ve already figured out, is very serious. We believe you. It is wrong of him to be sexual with you; it is wrong of him to say those things to you; it is wrong of him to touch you under your shirt; it is wrong of him to slap you; it is wrong of him to lay down with you in your bed. All of these things are his fault. None of this is your fault. He probably goes out of his way to keep your mom happy so that she thinks you were being “dramatic” and doesn’t suspect him. Because everything else he has done is meant to scare you and keep you quiet. You telling your mom or dad or someone else you trust doesn’t “ruin” her happiness. He has ruined it.

If she wants to stay with him, she can, and maybe you can live with your father instead. It is up to the adults in your life to keep you safe from him. If you want to tell your mom or dad but need help doing that, you can call us. We can do a conference call and help you tell them. You can also reach out to your State’s child abuse hotline. Child Help is the National Child Abuse Hotline, 1-800-799-7233. You do not deserve this. It is not your fault. You and your little sister deserve to be safe and not afraid of sexual abuse by him or anyone else.

You can also talk to us about what you are feeling and going through. If you don’t give us your name, we don’t have to report to anyone, but you deserve to be protected, he deserves to be reported. You deserve to live and grow up with your sister safe from him. We hope that you can reach out either via our telephone hotline, 1-800-runaway (1-800-786-2929) or through our live chat at our website 1800runaway.org So that we can talk about what you are going through and help you figure out your options. We are here for you, to listen and help.

We wish you the best and hope to hear from you soon.
      Sincerely,
      NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• Originally posted by FabulousKilljoy View Post
        I'm 13 and I really want to run away. My mom emotionally abuses me and sometimes physical, she said that she would 'beat' me like she did with my sister if I wasn't so fragile. I have only one friend offline because i'm home schooled, but I'm afraid to tell him that I want to runaway. I am aware that the real world is harsh, and I will probably not survive for long by myself, and that's why I want to take a friend, but like I said, I only have one. I kind-of have a plan in my head if I do runaway, but it will probably backfire like most things I try and do. I don't think I can take this much longer, I have become careless, angry at everybody, and bulimic. I also cry myself to sleep sometimes, and self harm. Earlier today, my mom hit me for having an angry tone, but I can't help it. She also chases me around the house trying to hit me with a wooden spoon, but luckily my Grandmother's bathroom has a drawer that blocks the door, but it is on the other side of the house. I'm afraid to tell anybody because I think they will say that I shouldn't 'because she still loves me' but I honestly doubt that, and don't care. I'm starting to fail school and have no appetite most of the time, but when I do, I try to vomit my meal if I can. Please help.
        I'm 12, and I want to run away for almost the same reason. My mom started emotionally abusing me when I told her that I was bisexual. I didn't know she was homophobic... I packed a bag, but I don't have the nerve to go out there by myself. You shouldn't vomit your meals, you will only become weaker and more prone to being beat to death.

Comment

• ccsmod6
          ccsmod6 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm 12, and I want to run away for almost the same reason. My mom started emotionally abusing me when I told her that I was bisexual. I didn't know she was homophobic... I packed a bag, but I don't have the nerve to go out there by myself. You shouldn't vomit your meals, you will only become weaker and more prone to being beat to death.

Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. You have the right to identify however you want and it should not impact the way others treat you. We are sorry to hear that your mom has not been accepting of who you are and has resorted to acting inappropriately and hurtfully. We are always here to talk and there are other resources out there as well. The LGBT National Youth Talkline and the LGBT National Hotline might be able to connect you with someone who understands your experiences and can offer guidance to you. They are reachable at 1-800-246-7743 and 1-888-843-4564 respectively.

With regards to running away, we would be happy to talk to you about how you plan to go about doing that. We can discuss safe places where you can go to as well as what preparations you made need to take care of before leaving. If you are interested in talking more about running away or anything else, please don’t hesitate to call us on our 24/7 hotline 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Take care,
          NRS

• I want to run away but the nearest orphanage is 17 miles away

​​​​​​I don't feel loved in my family, I feel like I'm just there, part of the scenery.

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello, thank you for contacting us through our forums. Were sorry that things have gotten this bad that you feel you’re not loved at home. If you decide to runaway we have some resources that can help you. If you decide to runaway your guardian can file a runaway report, and if the cops find you they will most likely send you home. That’s depending on your age if you’re a minor it can be filled, if you’re an adult it can’t be filed. The resources we can offer you are 211, which can help find a shelter near where you live, another resources is National Safe Place by texting 44357(Safe & Location) they can help you find a shelter. If you have any concerning questions about the resources we provided today or about a Runaway report give us a call at 1800runaway.

• I graduated from high school and all I get is my complaints from my parent after my graduation and during summer break

ever since during my high school years my parents always to stop doing what I like to do and told me that I'm crazy and not willing to take my ideals because they think my ideals are unworthy. i want to run away from them somewhere far and barren where they can never find me.

Comment

• ccsmod11
          ccsmod11 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello There
          Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen.
          It sounds like you are going through a pretty difficult time right now. You do not deserve to be told your ideas are unworthy and that you are crazy. Just know that them saying those hurtful things to you is about them and not about you.
          You mentioned wanting to run away, we are not legal experts but we do have some knowledge on the laws. If you decide to leave without parent’s permission and you are a minor they do have the right to file a runaway report. If the police do find you they most likely would bring you home if home is a safe place for you to go. You may want to consider talking to someone like a friend or family member or a therapist about what is going on in your life. Sometimes talking to someone about what is going on can help you feel better. If you do decide to leave home and need somewhere safe please give us a call and we can try and help you look for safe places to stay.
          We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore your options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide you with support. We wish you the best of luck!
          NRS

• Hi I’m 12 I live in Idaho I live in a house of 8 I want to run away and not be tracked by my phone what should I do?

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello There,
          Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. Living in a house of eight can be really frustrating. We are not legal experts but we do have some knowledge of the laws. If you leave home without permission your legal guardian does have the right to file a runaway report. If the police do find you they most likely would bring you home. Running away can be dangerous especially for a 12 year old. There are other options out there for you such as talking to someone, seeing if you can stay with another family member or friend. If running away is your only option your safety is the top concern. If you need a safe place to stay we can help you look for resources if you give us a call.
          We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore your options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck in your situation!
          NRS

• Hi there. ' 12 yrs old and i really meed to run away. My mother is always trying to force a religion in me but i'm not sure if i want it or not because i am bisexual and i cant come out because it is against her religion. My dad will sometimes beat me but not hard enough to leave any noticeable scars or injuries. He constantly emotionally abuses me calling me a slut, **********, hoe, brat, etc. I was wondering if there was anyone who lives im the la area willing to help me.

Comment

• ccsmod15
          ccsmod15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We know it takes a lot of strength. Your safety and happiness are our top priorities and we are here to help.
          It sounds like you are going through a very difficult time. You mentioned that your dad can be physically and emotionally abusive. Abuse of any kind is NEVER okay. You deserve help and have the right to report this abuse. You can do this by contacting the police at 911 or giving us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. If you are in immediate danger, please contact 911.

Unfortunately, we are unable to give local resources on this platform. However, consider reaching out to the LGBT National Youth Talk Line at 1-800-246-7743 and the the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-4222-4453 for resources more specific to your situation. Also, give us a call and we will be more than happy to help you find resources in your area.

Best of luck,
          The National Runaway Safeline

• Hello

I want to live in an orphanage. I don’t want to have any contact with family anymore. My mother always dismisses my problems whenever I say something, and will always blame me for making my family’s life miserable. She also says that life isn’t really hard, and I was the one that was making it complicated for myself whenever I tell her my problems. Then, when I said I want to go to a psychologist, she says that is a waste of money, and she repeats the statement she said to me whenever I tell her my problems. Yes, life is easy, but it can be hard as well. She always talks bad behind my back, and shows favoritism towards my brother. She shows him affection, and gives him everything unconditionally. When my brother steals from me, she doesn’t really get mad at him and repays for him instead. Then, when my brother doesn’t do his chores, she blames me because I didn’t do any chores, even though he was the one who started getting lazy. He doesn’t bear any consequences, and is let go of everything wrong he does. She also threatens to cut me off school since I was emotionally unstable. Instead of her reaching out to a psychologist, she gives me that. She tells me I don’t deserve to have education. She hasn’t done that yet because I was pretending to be a ‘ kind ‘ kid by the time she was at home. You know, the one who knows everything, and is very socially and academically smart. She says she doesn’t mind if I have low grades, but when I say to her that I failed a quiz, she says it was a shame that I don’t have the highest score in a disappointed voice.

Then, there is the time when my mother would say to me that I am a burden for the family, and I should run away from home. She said she doesn’t care if anyone rapes me, and proceeds to tell me how much she wants to beat me up if she were in our home ( she works abroad ). Then, she threatens me to give me to my father, who has abused me in my childhood. I don’t want to be under the care of my father. He may be a pedophile because he had a girlfriend younger than him, who was about my age.

My grandfather had sexually harrassed me one time in the past. When he was drunk, while I was taking care of him, he pulled off my short and tried to take off my panties. Then, when I was in grade 9, he mentions that if he were the rapist, he would have waited and rape that girl at 17 years old. That was the time when my fear of him grew. Every time I sleep, I would be scared because he might come into the room and rape me, and my nanny won’t tell anyone because she’s always on his side. He also calls me names because of me wetting in bed. He calls me “ Panghe “ ( Stinky ), and “ Puke “ ( . Peepee ). There was the time when I got angry of him and my nanny for humiliating me publicly, he calls me a demon and a child of Satan repeatedly. He also beats me up when I cry about something, and calls me weak for that.

My nanny had bullied me since I was a kid. They called me abnormal and crazy when I was a child. My nanny said I should go to a mental hospital because I was childish. I was just 9 at that time, I guess. I was grade 5. When I told her I was being bullied at school, she laughed at me along with her grandfather. My guidance counselor said that maybe it was because they were trying to cheer me up, but they were saying that I was really crazy in front of me, I shoudn’t be offended because I am one.

Comment

• ccsmod8
          ccsmod8 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find out more about the youth helpline "Bantay Bata 163" in your country: (https://corporate.abs-cbn.com/lingko...ya/bantay-bata)

That being said, it sounds like you’re going through a lot and we can definitely talk through the issues you’re facing. It seems like you’ve got a pretty complicated situation. What you decide to do is entirely up to you, and if you ever need help or support while you think through what option makes the most sense for you, you can always call our toll-free number at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We may not have the resources to talk through the logistics or the legalities of your situation since you’re international, but we can always talk with you and we’re always here to listen.

• i need help i wanna suicide or runaway from home but im stuck in valencia spain and dont even speak spanish and my parents are making me have suicidal thoughts i need somewhere to go please

Comment

• ccsmod1
          ccsmod1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community-based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis-related laws is limited to the USA. It may be beneficial to check out https://www.anar.org/. We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Be safe,
          NRS

• hi i want to kill myself or runaway but i'm scared.and my reason isn't as bad as everyone else's but i have depression and anxiety and have no one to talk to so i've kept it in for a long time because i'm scared of what people will think. please help

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          It sounds like you are thinking about harming yourself or ending your life. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and we are so glad that you did. Your life has worth and our top priority is your safety. If you feel this is an emergency you could consider calling 911 for emergency assistance. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk.

• Im 11 and i feel like running away... My mom threatened to kill my older brother but said she wouldnt. She and my brother mock and make fun of me everyday. Im going into middle school also.. My best friend and i both want to run away, we are the same age and have a plan to run to a park in our town, then sneak out of the city and into another city. I get bullied at school... People spread roumors about me and my friend.. Im not sure if i should bring my tablet because its under the email of my dad. My mom and brother sometimes leave for 3 hours to go shopping, while im at home alone. I have no phone and in am getting a big backpack so i might be able to fit a lot in it to make a run. I am aware of the dangers of running away but i am not afraid to.. I have money, flashlights with batteries, clothes, food, a device, and some medicine if i really need it. I only have 9.75$ and have some big foldable peices of cardboard with markers. My friend is suffering from depression and abuse and so we agreed to text each other on the day that we would run away, we want to text each other where to meet up snd what we would do. I cant run now because school starts so soon, but maybe someday i can make the run with my friend.

Comment

• ccsmod13
          ccsmod13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. From what you shared it sounds like you and your friend are planning on running away. Running away can be very difficult and dangerous and your safety is a priority. We encourage you and your friend to talk to someone you trust about how you have been feeling at home. This can be a family member or an adult at school like a counselor. You can also go to nami.org if you or your friend need someone to talk about you have been feeling. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
          Be safe, NRS

• Im 15 and I want to leave my home.

I moved in 2014 and have been in my current house ever since. After moving my aunt came down from California to help with my moms medical expenses and the house expenses. My mom passed away in 2015 and my grandmother got legal custody of me and my sister. After my mom passed my aunt started being terrible to me and my sister. She screams at us blames us for things we didnt do and takes away our stuff for no reason. She drinks smokes and slams everything around when shes mad and shes threatened me and my sister but she didnt do anything. I hate it here because my grandmother isnt here to stick up for me shes currently on vacation in california and wont be back until september. I dont know what to do. My sister is almost 18 and im affraid im going to be left here with my aunt and grandmother once shes 18. But my aunt sister and grandmother all want to move to california but I already said if they go im not going because I want to be able to finish highschool. My friend said her mom would most likely be fine with adopting me so I could get out of here. My friends mom already treats me like one of her own kids and cares about me alot. I want to get adopted by them but i dont know how. Im to the point where ive almost run away multiple times but i never did because I dont want to leave my sister. My aunt never believes that theres anything wrong with me when I tell her that I have anxiety and depression, she thinks im just using it as an excuse to be lazy. Someone please help me I dont know how much longer I can take this.

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi, thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes a lot of strength to reach out for help and share your story.

You and your sister certainly do not deserved to be yelled at and treated poorly by your aunt. Your safety and mental health is our biggest concern, so we are glad you feel safe at home when your grandmother is there. You also mentioned feeling safe around your sister, so living with her when she turns 18 might also be an option you want to consider. We understand that you want to stay in your same high school and do not want to go to California, so getting adopted by your friend’s mom is an option as long as your grandmother is willing to volunteer you to them. If you do decide that running away is your safest option, then you can always give us a call or chat with us at our website to work out a plan. In terms of places you could go, you could go stay with other family or friends as long as you are aware that they could get in trouble for harboring a runaway if you were found at their home and a runaway report was filed about you. These reports could be filed by your grandmother and are only status offenses that mean you would be returned to her if you were found by the police although the police do not typically look for runaway youth. Staying in a shelter is also an option, and we could help you find one if you would like. You also mentioned that you have anxiety and depression, so NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, would be a great resource for you. You can give them a call at 1-800-950-NAMI or text NAMI to 741741.

Thanks again for contacting the National Runaway Safeline and having the courage to reach out for help and share your story. Feel free to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us at our website 1800runaway.org anytime. Best of luck!

• Hi i want to run away but im scared i don’t know where to go i feel lost in my own world. I dont think my mom likes me. I dont have anyone to look up to or talk abt this stuff i only have younger siblings i talk to god in my head and he puts stuff in my head for me to think. You probably think im crazy but i just want sometime aeay from my family

Comment

• ccsmod15
          ccsmod15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi,
          Thank you for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did. It sounds like you are going through a lot right now. Feeling like you are lost in your own world and having those feelings about your mom is really hard. We are very glad that you found us and hope that you can let us help you.
          It sounds like that when god puts stuff in your head for you to think might be pretty scary. We don’t think that you are crazy, but we wonder whether it’s something that a doctor can check out. It really might be that your brain is doing a chemical thing that you’d need help controlling.
          We hope that you might reach out to us to talk about everything you are going through and help you figure out your options. You can reach us via phone at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-runaway) or with our live chat service through www.1800runaway.org
          Sincerely, NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X