No announcement yet.

I want to run away but have no where to go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi. I’m planning on running away, but have no clue were to go. My brother is very abusive and my parents are older, meaning that’s theres not much they can do. Over half the time he seems like a joyful little angel, but hes really a demon. He’s ten, and I’m twelve. Ive tried in my past, and failed, ive self harmed, and it seems to help, but only for a little while. I’m considered crazy to an

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension - it sounds really frustrating to not have your parents do anything about your brother's behavior.

You mentioned that you have self-harmed in the past. We care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
      NRS

• OK so I just turned 16. Well I have been feeling like this for awhile now ... My dad abuses me & slaps me & pulls out Knifes on me ... The cops almost got involved when a teacher asked me what happened to my face cus my dad slapped me & I was bleeding on the side of my face , but I said nothing cus I still got love for my dad . but it got worst , I get called nasty words , he says I'm useless . my mom also says those things too . & it hurts sooo much because I love my mom & look up to her & hearing those nasty words .. Makes me wanna kill myself . I have been dealing with depression for almost 4 years now . I just want to be happy & loved . I wanna run away to feel FREE and have people to love me ..
    Last edited by ccsmod15; 05-08-2019, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us during this difficult time. It sounds like things at home are dangerous for you and it is not a safe place to be. You have every right to feel loved and supported and safe. We understand it can be overwhelming and scary to report an adult for abuse, especially when they are a loved one. But you are not alone! You can call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 and they can help you report the slapping, hitting and threating with a knife. Any one at your school will be able to help too, you can talk to a trusted teacher our counselor and they can also help you report it.

You also mentioned you were thinking about hurting yourself. The National Suicide Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 can help you as well come up with some coping strategies. If you need a safe place to go you can go to https://www.nationalsafeplace.org/ and see if there is a youth shelter in your area.

Here at the National Runaway Safeline we are always here to help and always here to listen.
      Please give us a call or text us as any time at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

• Hi, I'm 14 turning 15 in August and I desperately want to run away from my parents, I dont feel like there's anything else for me to do. I'm a transgender girl but my parents dont accept me at all, they force me into things that make me feel ********in awful, they yell at me and get on my case for the most minuscule ********, have threatened to physically abuse me, and just altogether they treat me like more of a thing than a person. They only love me because of what's in between my legs and I dont think theres any hope for me if I continue to live walking around and getting pushed where they want me to just because they want me to. I'll never get better if I stay there, and I'm in desperate need of a place to go, but I dont know where.

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, we are really glad you found us and have made contact. Identifying as a transgender girl is challenging enough, but it sounds like that is even harder and more stressful if your parents don’t accept you and are threatening you physically. We are sorry that you are going through this; you do not deserve to be treated this way.
      There are two options we can come up with now: We would be able to discuss your situation with you and help you figure out your options for possibly abuse reporting, but that would be your decision. https://www.glbthotline.org/ here, there is a Trans Teens Online Talk Group on Thursdays for people ages 12-19. Also their hotline number is listed. To have support in the LGBTQ community, to help you to know that you are not alone, may be helpful to you.
      The second resource is https://www.nationalsafeplace.org/ National Safe Place where you can click on the tab, For Teens, and find a safe place you can go to to talk over your situation with a local youth worker, or if there isn’t one in your area, the text option will allow you to chat with a local youth worker.
      We hope that this is helpful for you today. We are also available to you 24/7 on our telephone hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY or out live chat through https://www.1800runaway.org/
      We are here to listen and to help.
      Sincerely, NRS

• I’m 12( soon to be 13) as well and am planning to run away tomorrow. I’m going to bring my phone and a charger for sure, so I can easily find a place to stay and a place to eat food, etc. My reason is: So, my dad is a very Narcissistic and abusive person, and I fight with him all the time. I don’t live with him, I live with my mom, but she is always telling me her troubles and ranting to me about my dad and other things she gets really mad at me because I can’t do some things because I recently moved and started public school. This gave me adjustment disorder. I’ve considered suicide, self harm, and running away before, but this is the first time I’m going to do it for real. I live in Colorado, so finding trees and things to sleep in shouldn’t be an issue. I’m going to pack tonight and write my note to my mom. I’m planning on coming back, but I just need a week or two to clear my head and order my thoughts.
    Last edited by ccsmod7; 05-12-2019, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much for reaching out to us. You shared many concerns that can be really painful to discuss, and we recognize that reaching out for help with them is not easy. It sounds like your mom is angry a lot of the time, either at you, or at your dad. Blaming you for limitations that came from starting school, and making you listen to all her issues with your dad sounds really frustrating and unfair. It is understandable that this would be a difficult time for you.

You mentioned considering suicide and self-harm in the past. Have you been having those urges lately? Your well-being is the most important thing. If you’ve been having those feelings, and want to discuss them with someone who can understand, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline has people who can help. You can reach them by calling 1-800-273-8255.

It sounds like you are planning on running away very soon, and that you are planning to sleep outdoors. Making sure you have your phone with you, so you can access resources, is a good idea. Do you have a plan for keeping your phone charged? Or for staying warm and safe while you sleep, or for accessing food?

If you want to discuss your plan with someone, or receive information about local resources and shelters, we are always here to talk at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We could also help you talk to your mom, whether now, or once you return back home, and help you set some boundaries about what you want her to share with you about your dad.

Again, we’re so glad you reached out for help. It seems like you’re in a really difficult situation, and trying to find a way to get what you need. If you want to talk, you can call us (1-800-RUNAWAY), or talk to us via chat by visiting our website at www.1800runaway.org.

• Hi, am 14 and I want to run away because my parents shaved my head because I got a boyfriend. They eve broke my phone. I was wondering if you could help me with accommodation cuz I don't want to live with them anymore.

Comment

• Reply: Hi, am 14

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

From everything that you have been going through at home with your parent’s it took a lot of courage for you to reach out. We appreciate you sharing with us what has been going on. Well done. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. We understand if you are feeling frustrated and upset about your parent’s behavior. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be treated unfairly in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

If you would like to speak more about your situation and discuss options, please contact NRS at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800runaway.org (Live Chat).

Be safe and take care,
      NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• i’m 15 years old and i want to run away. ive ********ed up bad this year. i’m failing five classes and i’ve been ditching and doing drugs. i know it’s all gonna come out in the end and my moms gonna see what i’ve been doing. i’m scared. she’s going to be so hurt and disappointed. so i have to leave. i live in new mexico. if i can’t find a shelter to stay in i’m just going to live on the streets.

Comment

• ccsmod15
          ccsmod15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Thank you for reaching out to us at NRS! It takes a lot of courage to reach out and ask for help, you are very brave for doing so. It seems like you’ve been going through a lot, and it sounds like it is challenging to cope with. It seems like you really care about your mom’s feelings and don’t want to upset her, which shows how much you love her. If you ever need to talk to someone, please know that you may email, chat, or call us any time, as we are available 24 hours. You can reach us at [email protected] or 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).
          Have you ever shared your feelings and your worries with your mother as you have with us? If you don’t feel comfortable speaking with her on your own, you can call us at our 24 hour hotline, which has been provided above, and we would be happy to facilitate a conference call between you and your mother so you can both speak freely and comfortably. You can talk on the phone with your mother with the support of an NRS liner to help you express yourself and explore ways of supporting each other as a family. Or, if you have a friend, family member, teacher/counselor at school that you feel safe talking to about this with, who could facilitate the conversation as well. Talking with someone can be very helpful, if there is someone in your life that you feel you could to talk to about what you’re going through, it may help.
          We are by no means legal experts, but since you are 15 and under the legal age, if you do leave home without permission, your parents could file a runaway report. If the law enforcement does find you, they would have to return you to your home.
          We are happy to provide you with a resource to reach out to if you were interested in. The Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration can be reached at 1-877-726-4727 and their website is samhsa.gov. This could be a resource that may be helpful in your situation, but you are always welcome to call us at the 1-800-RUNAWAY number given above, if you would like to talk in more depth about your situation and figure out which options are best for you. We are completely confidential, and we are here for you. We wish you the best of luck!

• Hi I am a sixth grader,

i am going through body changes, but I don’t know how I feel. I’m not real that valuable with my sibling and my pets. I get all my bruises and scar from my younger brother. I have broke my wrist by him, he pushed me when I was roller skating down a hill. I have been planning on leaving, but the idea of leaving breaks my heart when I think of when my parents wake up and I’m gone.

I don’t know what to do or we’re to go. I was planning on staying at Manitou Park for a day then return and be emotionless, well it wouldn’t make a sufran e because everyone acts like i have no emotions. My parents act like they love me, but i see them giving me nasty looks behind my back.

I don’t know what to do, please help me

Comment

• ccsmod1
          ccsmod1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension - you don't deserve to be treated that way by your brother. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do. Your brother's actions raise some concern for your safety and well being. It may be a good idea to reach out to someone like a parent, teacher, family friend, school counselor/social work or medical personnel to talk about your brother's actions.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
          NRS

• Hi, I’m 13 years old and I want to run away but can’t because my house is overcrowded with people and the only thing running threw my head now is to kill myself after my mom pushed my head into the door and there were two cops outside so I was trying to get out of the house to get to them and once I stuck my head out the door to run she used all of her weight when she pushed the door closed and my head was in the door so I screamed to see if the cops heard me but they didn't and she started to yell saying "scream again" so I ran to my room and said "I HATE YOU" which is true I really do hate her to death and I pushed a whole in the wall and she came up the stairs trying to talk calmly to me but I wasn't having it so she left out the room so I rushed in the restroom to get a razor blade so that I can cut myself in order to calm myself down but she saw me and she started yelling "WHAT DO YOU HAVE" But I didn't answer so she ran up the stairs and saw that it was in my hand so she was trying to get it out my hand but I wouldn't let her so I just gave it to her and she started saying "YOUR MAKING YOURSELF LOOK STUPID CUTTING YOURSELF" and I told her "I DON"T CARE AND ITS THIS FAMILIES FAULT THAT I DO IT" and she left and I started trying to get the one cop that was still outside but he looked and looked away. "I HATE MY LIFE AND WANT TO RUNAWAY WITH NOWHERE TO GO”.: mad:
        Last edited by ccsmod4; 05-30-2019, 06:56 AM.

Comment

• Reply: Hi, Im 13 years old

Hello,
          Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things in your life right now.
          It sounds like you’re fearing that the stress from the situation is getting harder and harder to handle.
          We are sorry you are going through a tough emotional time.
          It sounds like things escalated to a point where you were physically hurt and somehow the police were at your home but failed to check on your safety. Sounds like a pretty scary and frustrating ordeal.

Sometimes when things are too stressful it might help to talk with someone about it.
          Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Hurting yourself does not have to be an option.
          This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this.
          NRS is here to listen and here to help.
          We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

You did a great job by reaching out. We would like to be of help to you.
          If you would like to talk more in detail about how we might help, please call or chat soon. 1800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800runaway.org
          You are welcome to discuss your situation and talk about possible options for help.
          If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Take care,
          NRS
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
          [email protected] (Crisis Email)
          1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
          https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• Hi I’m 13 years old and I want to runaway. I just came out to my sisters as trans a couple weeks ago and they weren’t accepting. Before they were horrible to me but my parents didn’t believe them but now it is a lot worse. They are blackmailing me because I’m too scared to tell my parents. How do I make money after I run away? Where can I find a place to stay? I would also like to go with someone else because it’d be a lot easier.
            thanks

Comment

• ccsmod7
              ccsmod7 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’re in a difficult situation and it's good that you reached out today for support and resources. Coming out is a brave step, and it's sad to hear that the person you trusted, your sister, isn't supporting you.

You didn’t mention anything about your relationship with your parents. It can be a difficult step to tell your parents, but if your sister is blackmailing you, maybe telling your parents would be better than being blackmailed. You also mention wanting to run away without telling your parents. It’s great that you are planning ahead, thinking that if you tell them that you might want to run away, but maybe it is possible to tell your parents, get your sister to stop blackmailing you, and still stay with them. Maybe other resources, like a school counselor or therapist might be able to help you and your family to better understand each other.

As for a place to stay, it is possible that we might be able to provide you with resources, but that is best done by telephone. We can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY). At age 13, it can be difficult to find a job. Are you planning to stay in school if you run away?

You also mention wanting to go with someone else. You didn’t mention if you have someone in mind to run away with, or if you have friends who have been helpful and supportive to you. It can be easier to go with someone else, if you have someone in mind. Sometimes it’s just nice to have someone to talk to, and we can help with that, if you call us. We’re here to listen, here to help, with resources or just to talk.

You are very brave to accept being trans and to feel comfortable to tell your sister about it. It can take time for people who you open up to (whether your sister or your parents) to get used to the idea, so you (and they) may need some time. Meanwhile, take care of yourself, and call us if you’d like to chat, or if you’d like specific information about resources for runaways in your area.

• Hi am 12 and I want to run away because my grandma is is being rude and my grandpa is Child abuse me 4 times and more then that though.

Comment

• ccsmod9
              ccsmod9 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi there,
              Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
              Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
              If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
              We hope to hear from you soon.
              Be safe,
              NRS

• Originally posted by FabulousKilljoy View Post
            I'm 13 and I really want to run away. My mom emotionally abuses me and sometimes physical, she said that she would 'beat' me like she did with my sister if I wasn't so fragile. I have only one friend offline because i'm home schooled, but I'm afraid to tell him that I want to runaway. I am aware that the real world is harsh, and I will probably not survive for long by myself, and that's why I want to take a friend, but like I said, I only have one. I kind-of have a plan in my head if I do runaway, but it will probably backfire like most things I try and do. I don't think I can take this much longer, I have become careless, angry at everybody, and bulimic. I also cry myself to sleep sometimes, and self harm. Earlier today, my mom hit me for having an angry tone, but I can't help it. She also chases me around the house trying to hit me with a wooden spoon, but luckily my Grandmother's bathroom has a drawer that blocks the door, but it is on the other side of the house. I'm afraid to tell anybody because I think they will say that I shouldn't 'because she still loves me' but I honestly doubt that, and don't care. I'm starting to fail school and have no appetite most of the time, but when I do, I try to vomit my meal if I can. Please help.
            Running away would be a good option for you but try telling someone who can help I'm the same way I'm the same way my life isn't that different from yours but I'm bisexual I'm 14 and IH have allot of siblings I sometimes cut myself and no one pays action to me hope this helped sincerely blue 08796

Comment

• ccsmod9
              ccsmod9 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for your response to another user’s post. Often forums are a place of support and understanding for many youth. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another. For anyone experiencing any difficulties or challenges, the National Runaway Safeline encourages youth to reach out to our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat for immediate services.
              Thank you, NRS

• hi i'm in 5th grade

and i feel like my family is bumping me down to last place by spending more time with my sisters and not me I have done some things that have pissed off my family but they have done somethings to me and my mom don't have the best connection and when ever we fight she blames every thing on me like if she hurts me she will say that i did it to myself and i have been thinking of self harm a lot and running away from my family i just feel like i don't belong i just have no where to go place to go pleas help I just want out get out of this houses for good

Comment

• ccsmod3
              ccsmod3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It seems like you are going through a very difficult situation. You said you and your mother fight and she tends to blame you for everything during the fight. We offer conference calls here at NRS to help youth and parents better communicate with each other. Working through communication problems could help resolve conflicts with a parent. If you are no longer safe at home there are shelters that we can provide to you such as national safe place. The laws on minors running away are different in each state, but depending on the situation you could be charged. You might want to look into your local food bank if you do decide to run away. If you are thinking about self-harm a resource to help you overcome is twloha.com. We have a lot of resources to help youth in need. Again, thank you for reaching out. It is not easy to ask for help. If you would like to talk further, please do not hesitate to call 1800 RUNAWAY or chat with us.
              Best of luck. NRS

• My excuse for running away is the worst and lame, but I don’t know what to do I hate my life sometimes and I’m really confused. My grandparents hate me one week then they are sugary and sweet the next. Whenever I talk back my grandpa will say mean thing like “who do you think you are?” And my grandma will call me a b* but it’s not my fault I talk back. When I was younger the always argued and sometimes my grandpa would push my grandma ( I’m 11). They are always angry so I’m angry to and I’m always ignored. Yesterday I talked back and my grandpa came with a metal spatula and slapped me on the arm. I never cry but he really scares me. When I told my grandma the next morning she believed me and then she yelled at my grandpa and then he said to me that I should stop lying. Last night I packed a bag for running away in case of emergencies. Can you please tell me what to do?

Comment

• ccsmod9
              ccsmod9 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi there,
              Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
              Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
              If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
              We hope to hear from you soon.
              Be safe,
              NRS
          Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X