Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply: I want to run away

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you are considering leaving home because of something that happened between you and someone you care deeply about.
    We understand that it can be very hard to deal with being hurt or disappointed by someone. It’s good that you are trying to look at your options.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and explore some options, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
    NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• im running away tonight

Comment

• ccsmod7
        ccsmod7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you doing so. Sounds like you are planning on running away tonight. Here at NRS, we are concerned about your safety and want to see you through this. Please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you would like us to look to see if there are any runaway or homeless youth shelters in your area. We also are here if you would like to talk through your situation and brainstorm your options. Please know that you are not alone.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
        Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,

NRS

• My mom has cancer and I can't handle it I want to run away for a little while and have nowhere to actually go I know this isn't a good reason but I cant handle it just watching her give up

Comment

• Reply: My mom has cancer

Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We can’t imagine what you must be going through emotionally.
        We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Take care,
        NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• I want to run away from all the stress I am holding and school is making me feel depressed due to some issues.

Is this in Malaysia?

I really need help.
          Please help me look for a place.

Comment

• ccsmod9
            ccsmod9 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.
            We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

• I wanna run away because I get hit by a stick child abuse and my parents hate me they like my other brother but they hate me soo much so I decide to run away

Comment

• ccsmod9
            ccsmod9 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi there,
            Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
            Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
            If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
            Be safe,
            NRS

• Me and my mom are constantly fighting I’m 11 and I don’t know about anything else to do but run away please help

Comment

• ccsmod7
            ccsmod7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It has to be hard to be constantly fighting with your mom. Sounds like you are feeling that running is your only option. Here at NRS, we would be happy to talk through your options with you so you can make the best decision for you. There might be services such as family counseling or our conference call service to help mediate fights with you and your mom. If you are interested in counseling resources or our conference call mediation service please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. If you are still feeling like you have to leave and have nowhere to go, we can also look for youth shelters in your area if you need. Please call or chat us (1800runaway.org

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org.

Be safe,

NRS

• I am a 5th grader

hi I'm 11 years old and I want to run away I feel like everything I do I fail and I always do something wrong and I get really bad punishment for it. like today all, I did was play music in my room and danced and my mom comes in my room and throws my phone across the room. I don't think I can take it anymore. I really just want to drop dead and bam but then I also still want to live my life out so that's why I came to this site looking for somewhere to go when I run away form this hellhouse people call home. I also want t to bring my best friend but her life is perfect I don't want to put her through that pain of missing her family.

Comment

• ccsmod2
            ccsmod2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi, thanks for reaching out to us at NRS.
            Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your situation at home. It must feel frustrating to feel like you can’t do anything right, and it sounds like it’s sometimes so terrible that you wish you were dead. Please know that if you are ever seriously thinking about suicide, you can always call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800) 273-8255 who can talk you through what you are going through and help keep you safe.
            Otherwise, there are a couple legal options for leaving home that may or may not be relevant or possible for you. First of all, if there was another adult or adult family member who was able to take you in, and your parents gave permission for that, then there would not be a reason for the police to get involved—it is perfectly legal to stay somewhere else with parental consent. Another instance where it may be possible for you to live somewhere else, is if you were in an unsafe environment at home where you were either being subjected to physical/sexual/verbal abuse or neglect (meaning your basic needs like food and shelter were not being met). If you believe that you are experiencing any of these things, you always have the option of filing an abuse report. To do this, you can call the 24/7 Child Help hotline at (800) 426-5678. If you are interested in making an abuse report but want support in making it, you can always give us a call at (800) 786-2929 or talk to a school, healthcare, police, or social service professional about it.
            Please know that you can always reach out to our confidential hotline to talk more about your situation and explore options together. We have a good selection of resources and are also here just to listen. You don’t have to go through this alone.
            Best of luck,
            NRS

• hello, i am currently 16. i’m actually depressed, have anxiety and am not the best at handling situations. lately i’ve felt like i am not even important to people’s life.
          its gotten to the point to where i feel like if i we’re gone it’d be better for everyone. i have considered running away multiple times, still unsure of where to go though. i’ve put thought into it and believe it would be the best option at the moment.
          i try to isolate myself from everyone and that doesn’t seem to help, i’m always getting in trouble for absolutely the dumbest things ever, and i’m a super good child. i’m constantly feeling as if my family only care about me and use me for their chores and to be their maid. i’m honestly super tired of it. recently i’ve been threatened by my parents for things that i can’t control, like how i speak and project myself and simple things like that. i’m already insecure so it doesn’t really help. i break down every night crying not knowing how to handle myself.

i just need advice and i wanna get away from all my problems, please help!!

Comment

• ccsmod9
            ccsmod9 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi there,
            Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
            Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
            If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
            Be safe and stay strong,
            NRS

• Hello To everyone on here. I once was in your place. Lots has happen when I was a kid. I ran away a few times. Let's just say it didn't go as planned. But I kept my head up. Kept myself moving. Prayed to God the best I could. Has some hope. I'm adult now. I have Nice things. But I still deal with not feeling enough. Those feelings wont leave. Just keep fighting the. Fill them up with as much positive thoughts as you can.
          always remember this too shall pass.

Comment

• hi i want to run away. i feel like beacues my report card isnt good my parnt dont care for me like the do my sibilings i have ask them fora tuter but they keep telling me now i dont know what to do but care i hate my self and want to die. does anybody love me?

Comment

• hey
              I want to run away but no where to go where will I go? I want to go so bad my mother be mean to me a lot & call me all types of names what will I do or who can I go to am at school now but when I get out I want to run away I need some were to go!!
              Last edited by ccsmod2; 04-12-2019, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod2
                ccsmod2 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hello There,
                Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now. You do not deserve to be called names and treated the way you have been treated. One option is you could try and talk to a school counselor about what is going on, sometimes talking to a professional can help you feel better.
                We are not legal experts but we do have general information on the laws. If you were to leave home without permission your parents do have the right to file a runaway report. If the police were to find you they most likely would bring you back home. If you do decide to run away, we hope that you have a safe plan. Your safety is our top concern and whatever you decide we hope that you are safe. You could see if you could stay with a family member or a friend. If you need help looking for shelters please give us a call.
                We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support to you. We wish you the best of luck in your situation!
                NRS

• hey there i need some advice i want to run away but im not sure that i have reason enough to. My mom hates me. I never get good grades in her eyes (even though i get b+'s and A's) and she emotionally abuses me and my dad will get mad at me if i argue with her after she has pushed me over the edge. My mom will also hit me if i make her mad. Is this reason enough to runaway? (as a side note i have over a hundred dollars and a plan to make it across the country by walking, as well as plan to throw the police off my trail as im only 14 and my parents will definetly file a report. i also own several knives for self defense.) Should i run away?

Comment

• ccsmod10
                ccsmod10 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks so much for reaching out. Abuse is never okay, and no one deserves to be treated like that. It’s understandable that you’d be frustrated and thinking about ways to get away from that environment. We at NRS are not here to tell you what to do. You are the best judge of what is right for you. We are here to help you talk through your different options and help make you aware of the possible risks and benefits or those options.

One option you have is to report the abuse you’re experiencing at home. You can do this either by telling a teacher at school, calling the police or contacting your state’s child abuse reporting hotline. Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a 24/7 hotline that can answer any questions you might have about the reporting process and connect you to the right local resources. It is never okay to hit or emotionally abuse a child, and you have the right to report this to the authorities.

The most important priority is staying safe. Since it sounds like you have thought a lot about running away, examples of some questions you may want to ask are:

•How will you support yourself when you run out of money? Most jobs require you to show government ID or a social security number, which makes it hard to hide from police. At NRS, we talk to many youth who find themselves in dangerous situations (like sex trafficking) because they don’t have a safe way of making money.

•What will you do if you get sick or hurt?

•How will you find a safe place to sleep? Physical violence and sexual assault is common for people living outside. If you do decide to leave, we at NRS (1-800-786-2929) can help you find shelters in your area.

We are here for you 24/7 if you’d like to talk more about your situation and your different options.

• hey my mom is really emotionally abusive towards me and sometimes pysically. shes never happy with me and she has huge mood swings where she will flip on me for the smallest thingsNobody else believes me, not evenmydad. I want to runaway. I have over a hundred dollars a solid plan and ive talked with friends aboutit and they all agree my plans solid. should I go?

Comment

• ccsmod10
                ccsmod10 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi there. Thanks so much for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline and sharing a piece of your story with us. It sounds like you’re going through a serious and difficult time right now. Being a survivor of any form of abuse can certainly be difficult to cope with and it is understandable why you would want to run away. It is up for you to decide if running away is the best option for you because essentially you know your situation best. It’s great that you have been brainstorming a solid plan however it may just be a few things you want to keep in mind. For instance, if you decide to leave home without permission your parents do have the right to file a runaway report. If a report is filed and you are found then you may be required to return back home. However, you do have the right to notify the police that you are experiencing abuse at home. Also, we are unaware of your plan but it may also be important to start thinking about what you will do in the event that you run out of money as a couple hundred dollars may tend to run out fairly quickly considering that you may need shelter, food, water, and other necessities to get by. We hope this information was helpful.

If you would like to discuss your situation further please do not hesitate to reach out to us via phone at 1800-runaway or come and chat with us at 1800runaway.org.

• im tired of living here. im always paranoid and scared that my mom will hit me. she abuses me mentally, emotionally, and starting to do it physically. i want to run away, but i really don't have anywhere to go. i was planning on getting emancipated when im 16 (im 14) but i don't think ill last that long. i self harm and tried to commit suicide. even teachers noticed i wasn't okay and called my mom, but she didn't care, instead she fuels the fire even more. i want to run to florida, i know someone there that could help me, but i have no way to go there, and if i try i might get caught.

Comment

• ccsmod9
                ccsmod9 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi there,
                Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
                Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
                If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
                Be safe,
                NRS
            Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x
            Working...
            X