• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Reply: Hey, this isn't a reply,

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you are trying to decide what to do about leaving home or staying but have some questions. Though we can understand being frustrated by a situation it’s good that you are taking your time in making a decision. Unfortunately we can't predict the future. One thing we can say is that running away probably will bring changes in and questions as to how you will survive. Some things to consider are where you will stay? How will you eat? How do you keep yourself safe? Basically the question you might ask of yourself is: Will running away make my situation better or worse?
    We understand that it has not been a good situation for you. Your feelings certainly matter.
    Sometimes being able to vent your feelings about a situation might open the door to exploring other options not yet thought of. Being able to express emotions is another way to exercise self-care.
    You did a good job reaching out today.

NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    It is times like these that it would be nice to have a listening ear.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more about your situation and explore some options on keeping safe and off the streets, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
    NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hey, this isn't a reply, but I do need some help. I'm 16 and I want to run away, I've been planning this since I was 13 years old. I used to live with my mother and step dad for the last 5 years, I felt like everything I did would spark an argument. My mother called me a "Manipulative **********" when I decided to live with my dad, hoping that it would be better. My father used to be abusive when I was little, he beat my mother and mentally abused my siblings and me. I thought maybe he had changed when he remarried, but I was very badly mistaken. My step mother has hated me since I met her, my oldest brother ran away, my closest brother has been saving up his entire life to leave both households. You would think they would learn by the third kid. But no. So I just came here to get this decision off of my chest, I told my little sister what I was going to do tonight, and she wished me good luck and I cried, I don't have the heart to tell my best friends. I really need some pointers on what to do, and if I can live a regular life after running away, what jobs can I get, where can I stay safely, what can I do to stay off of the streets overnight. Please tell me what I can do, I can't stay here anymore.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 03-06-2019, 01:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there, thanks for contacting National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear you are going through such a difficult time right now. It must be hard to feel your sister and best friend treat you unfairly and to feel like you want to be alone and not be asked a lot of questions. It is understandable to want your own space and privacy. We are sorry to hear that you wanted to die. We would hope you are being supported in some way, as that is a hard thing to go through alone. It may be beneficial to reach out to an organization called The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Their hotline 1800-273-8255. You would be able to speak with a professional who would help you navigate those emotions when and if you feel them again. Your mental health and safety is important and there are resources for you. If you have not tried to already, it may be beneficial to speak to an adult you trust about what is going on and explore some ways to communicate with the adults you live with about how you are feeling. This may be beneficial to hopefully come to a resolution about some of the things bothering you are help you explore some ways to cope. We would love to be able to talk with you further and be of support to you. Please, feel free to give us a call at any time on our 24/7 hotline 1800-RUNAWAY or chat with us live by visiting our website 1800runaway.org. We wish you the best of luck.

Guest replied
    I just want to run away and disappear from everything and everyone. I hate my sister my bestfriend treats me like ******** and I spend hours crying myself to sleep because iff jer snd it’s not good and I’m crying as I’m writttin this. I want to run away but I don’t know we’re to go like all the sights say I should go to someone’s house who I know but like I want to be alone with no one around me asking questions but then I can’t stay on the streets cause I might be raped or something even worser so I don’t know what to do. I wanted to die but the. I thought to myself I will try live for any other year but not sure if I would be able to make it so I’m deciding to run away but do t know were I live in England so please someone help me and I’m 13 and I girls btw

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you doing so. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. It sounds like you are wanting to run, but have nowhere to go. If you call or chat us, we can look for local runaway and homeless youth shelters in your area if you need. We can also talk through your situation and help you brainstorm your options. Please know that you are not alone.

We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,

NRS

Guest replied
    I want to run away for a few nights but i dont have anywhere to go. I live in west virginia and im 12 years old.
    Last edited by ccsmod7; 03-03-2019, 03:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Reply: I'm 12 and i live with my grandmother

Hello,

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you are upset about the living situation you are in. Your father is incarcerated but you keep in touch with him. Good for you.
    You sound frustrated that you get yelled at by your grandmother and punished for things you did not do. How awful. Somehow that does not seem fair. We understand your frustration over this. You seem to be getting good grades. That must feel good.
    On the other hand you have been suspended for fighting. It sounds like the situation has become so overwhelming for you are not sure what to do. That must be frustrating for you. Sometimes talking about your feelings might help to relieve some of the tension you might be experiencing.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can’t tell you what to do you know your situation best. We can speak with you and explore options and that might give you some since of a plan on next steps. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are feeling at risk or having thoughts of suicide we encourage you to reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255

You did great reaching out today.

Take care,
    NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I’m 12 and I live with my grandmother because DFACS took me away from her when I was 5 because she had mental illnesses and she was on drugs and my father is always in jail but I keep in contact with him. I’m good in school I get A's and B's I rarely get in trouble , unless I get suspended for fighting and I’m always getting punished because of what my sister does and she always trying to control me and my grandma always yelling at me for no reason and I just wanna get away or I’m gonna kill myself or either run away because I’m not happy and I just wanna have a normal life like any other girl and I just need to get away because they probably wouldn’t care that I ran away.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 03-01-2019, 12:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody. . It also sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I am 14. Freshmen in high school. I have never been close with my mom and honestly dont care at this point she was bullying me as I grew up she made it seem like I was the issues but when people started noticing bc I got older she stopped. She verbally abused me and physically but not that much. She uses words like "I brought you in this world I can take you out", "I will kill you", "dont test me". She has mood swings and will scream at the top of her lungs as soon as me or my dad try to explain or say something bc she always thinks she is right. I could keep going but it would actually take me hours. I just really wanna leave this house and never come back I love my siblings and dad but I cant stand my mom. I always avoid being in the same room as her.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us your story. It sounds like you are going through a very difficult time right now with your family and we hope to be able to help. It can be difficult to manage situations like this and you don’t have to do it alone. There are many resources we offer here that can possibly help you understand your options. Although we are not legal experts here at NRS, generally we know that the age you are considered an adult in most states is 18. In your case since you are 13, if you decided to leave home without your parents’ consent you would be considered a runaway. Your parents could file a runaway report, the police could get involved, and they could bring you home, even if it is not a safe place. Anyone you’re staying with could potentially get in trouble and get charged with “harboring.” You could consider calling your local nonemergency police department to ask about their policies. We also have legal aid resources here if you have specific questions about the laws in your state.”
    If it’s not safe to stay at home there may be shelters available in your state where you could stay temporarily. One place that offers support for youth in crisis is National Safe Place www.natinalsafeplace.org.
    How it works: Once you have located a designated safe place (schools, fire stations, libraries, Boys & Girls clubs, YMCAs) and informed an employee that you are in need of support a staff members from NSP can come and take you to a safe location where you can discuss other resources to best support you.
    Usually after 24 hours shelters will have minors try to contact their legal guardians. If going home is not a safe option due to any form of abuse, you could you could consider reporting the abuse you’ve been experiencing. If you want more information about abuse reporting or if you want to file a report, you could call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453.
    One service we can offer is to conference call with your parents. This way you could have a conversation with your parents but you would not be alone. For example, it may be hard for you to explain to your family how you feel about the way they are treating you. Sometimes those conversations go better in a conference call because we can advocate for you. If you want to reach us, you can chat with us anytime at 1800runaway.org or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We’re here 24/7, and we are ready to listen and help however we can.
    Wish you the best.
    -NRS

Guest replied
    I need to get outa here. I'm 13 and my parents hate me. Ive been living at my grandparents house but everyone there hates me too. Where can I go???

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hello,
    Thank you for taking the time to write to us here. We understand you might be aggravated from your situation, but we are here to help. Your post sound really familiar. We were able to find another guest’s post that is similar to yours. We believe that this reply could be used for you too.
    Originally posted by Guest View Post
    i ran away but i have nowhere to go. please someone help
    RE Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. You mentioned running away and needing somewhere to go, and we truly want to help you stay safe. If you call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat us we can look for local resources near you such as emergency runaway youth shelters.

If you have a phone you might text the National Safe Place to find the closest national or community safe place: "Text the word “safe” and your current location (address, city, state) to 4HELP (44357). Within seconds, you will receive a message with the closest Safe Place site and phone number for the local youth agency. For immediate help, reply with “2chat” to text interactively with a trained counselor." https://www.nationalsafeplace.org/txt-4-help

We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,

NRS
    If you have any follow up questions please give us a call. 1-800-786-2929

Guest replied
    I am almost 15 and I don't have anyone who wants me and I'm thinking about running away

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Reply: I’m young in middle school

Hello,

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. You do not deserve to be abused or hurt in any way. It is not your fault that this happened. Your voice matters and so do your feelings.
    It sounds like it has been a challenge for you trying to cope with the changes you have been through. You have such strength within you. Reaching out to NRS should validate that you are strong. Although it may seem scary to talk to someone like a counselor about feelings and thoughts, it could be a quite helpful way to vent and explore positive options for coping with your emotions. Hurting yourself does not have to be an option.
    Running away could present even more issues about keeping safe and surviving.

It is times like these that would be nice to have a listening ear. It is also important that you remember to exercise self- care. You are not alone. NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat so that we might learn a little more about your situation and how we might assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Take care,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X