Please help mee..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help mee..

I'm Indian and been brought up in a very old fashion traditionally family. I have always played a great role as a draughter and sister. Growing up was very hard for me as there was retrictions on what I can and cannot do. Family will always be concerned about what people are going to say. I respected everything they said to keep them happy and just went along with it.

HOWEVER... Now I'm 26 years old, I have a great job, great social life..I met a guy at work, known him for around 2years. We started dating each other, been him for around a 1year. I become selfish dating him and forgotten how my family would react when they find out about him.. Because he is not the same religionhe is a Muslim. They said I can be with anyone else apart from this regional. Family is very old fashioned.. I was born and bread in this country so was he.. they will never understand me feeling and situation.

I spoken to my family few times about him, we want to marry each other.. He makes me happy, he will be a great husband and a great father.. Rest in marriage is never predictable no matter who we marry. I'm happy and in love with him.

I have spoken to my family few times for them to let me marry him, they have made there descision.. Because of the culture, community and religious reason they will never say yes. They said I can't meet speak to him.. otherwise they will kill me, him and the rest of the threatening.. I get scared really quickly been like this from day one.. They are making me scared so I don't do anything.. But I don't know if they actually will kill me.. So I feel scared as I should not marry someone out of my religion

What do I do? I am having the thoughs about running away.., but I will feel bad for my family.. I don't know how they will take it.. And what they will do. But I'm in love and scared..

Please advice..

RE: Please Help mee

Hello,
    Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through a difficult situation and we are glad to help you in anyway that we can.
    You mentioned that growing up your family restricted what you can and cannot do. Since you are 18 and an adult you are able to make the decision to get married or live wherever you want. It sounds like you are conflicted because your families influence. If you wanted to call us we are here 24/7 and are confidential and anonymous and would be happy to discuss your options. Another option would be talking to a counselor about how you feel. We would be happy to lookup counseling numbers for you in your area.
    You also mentioned that you are scared of what your family may do. If you ever feel unsafe please call the police immediately.
    We hope that this offers some sort of clarification for you. If you need to talk more or have any other questions, please feel free to call us 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). If you can’t call, you can chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm Central Time.

We look forward to your call or chat.

Best of luck to you,

NRS​
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X