wanting to run away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanting to run away

I want to run away with my 6 year old sister and my boyfriend we would have a place to stay . It all started because cps took us away because of a fake report put up on us they ruined our lives an put us under my gmas custody she always is mean to me because she hates my mom I sleep on the floor here she doesn't let me leave the house ever to go anywhere not even to see my dad (I didn't get taken away from him my parents are spilt) an im so tired of it they're switching school so I can be at a different school I can barely even handle the one I'm at but atleast I'm happy there an going to another one is just hard I'm bad at change I freak. I want to run away because I hate it

re: wanting to run away

Hey there,

Thank you for being able to reach out to us, were sorry for the delay in writing back. Just so you know the best way you can reach out to us is by calling in, we are here 24/7 and are always willing to listen and help. We are sorry that you have had to deal with all of these issues, we can see why you think running away would be the best option. We are here for you and you can now count us as your new support system.

So, from what you have shared, it seems like you are going through quite a tough time at this point in your life, you are not alone. You mentioned that you were taken away from your parents and placed with your grandmother and are currently being mistreated, have you considered talking to your case worker about the situation? If you were to talk to her, maybe she can let you know a little more about what you can potentially do. It might be a scary thought, but potentially there is something that your case worker would be able to do about the situation to help you. If that is something you are consididering doing or you feel like you would need someone to call with you, you can call us and we will be more than happy to help you with that process. Another thing you might be able to talk to your case worker about is getting to see your father. Perhaps she would be able to tell your grandmother that you do have rights to see him.

Have you thought about what other things you can potentially do to make the situation better? Perhaps there is a way that you can speak to your grandmother about the situation at home and see if there are some compromises that the both of you can come to. Again, if you want to do this and feel uncomfortable about the situation, we have a conference calling service that you would be able to use where we would serve as a mediator and help stabilize the conversation.

If you were to leave, have you thought about the reality of the situation? I’m going to give you some questions that you can think about and considered before you get up and go, we just want to ensure your safety and make sure that this would be the best option for you. Here are the considerations:

What else can I do to improve my home situation before I leave?
    What would make me stay at home?
    How will I survive?
    Is running away safe?
    Who can I count on to help me?
    Have I given this enough thought?
    What are my other options?
    If I end up in trouble, who will I call?
    When I return home, what will happen?

If there is anything else you want to talk about, we are here 24/7 and will be more than happy to assist you with exploring the situation. Once again, we are sorry about the delay. We wish you the best of luck in whatever it is you decide to do.

Stay strong,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X