Thinking about runaway

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about runaway

Hi, so I'm seriously thinking about leaving. The stress here lately with school, and family is just way too much anymore. Ive been thinking about running away for a long time now. I already have a place to stay & I know for sure I won't get caught. I've always been good at hiding. When I was 7 it took my family 3 hours to find me during a hide-and-seek game lol. But I need to know the charges of my actions. When I leave, I'm not gonna return so it would be nice to know the outcome of this is I get caught before I actually leave. Please respond quickly. And also how hard is it to get emancipated in Ga.

RE: Thinking about runaway

Hello,

We are glad that you reached out to us. Sorry to hear about your situation. It seems like the combination of stress from school and your family is overwhelming. It is great that you have somewhere to stay. We aren’t legal experts here but we can speak generally. If you were to run away and your parents filed a runaway report that would be a status offense, not a criminal offense. Typically all that is done in this situation is you would be returned home to your guardian. As far as emancipation, it can be a long process and take into account many factors. A lot of this varies depending on your age as well. You can always contact us directly for more information and referrals at 1-800-RUNAWAY.org. We hope to hear from you soon. Good luck.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Re:

Can my bf's parents help me get emancipated? They already told me that I could live with them.

Comment

Re: Re:

Hello,
        Thank you for writing back. They can definitely help you figure out the process of emancipation and what it would take.

NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X