unsure of the past

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unsure of the past

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post something like this. If it isn't, please direct me to another website.
    Anyways, I have very few memories of my childhood. The ones I remember vividly are sexual, and took place at around age 5/6 (When I was in kindergarten). I am almost seventeen now, and I have a lot of mental health issues. Awhile back I told a friend about my concerns with my mental health (I have delusions, paranoia, believe there are people in my head, etc) without mentioning the sexual memories from my childhood. He confided in his mother, and they both thought it was possible that I was molested, which could explain me being sexual at such a young age. I don't know what I should do, because I worry constantly that I might have been molested by a family member or family friend. Should I bring this up with my therapist? Is there anything I can do to make myself remember my childhood? My mother speaks so fondly of all the lovely times we shared, and it hurts to not be able to recall almost any of them.

Re: unsure of the past

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline, it seems like you have quite a bit going on at this point in your life and you probably just need someone to talk to. You came to the right place and we are glad that you were able to reach out to us.

So it seems like you are already seeing a therapist and are taking the right steps by seeking help. Perhaps something you might want to consider is speaking to your therapist about this. Another thing you can do is reach out to a hotline that might be able to help you a little more with your situation. The hotline number’s name is RAINN (Rape Abuse Incest National Network) and their number is 1-800-656-4673. Perhaps they would be able to assist you better with what you may be thinking, if not they would be able to refer you to another hotline that would be able to.

Thank you for reaching out to us, if you ever find yourself in crisis, please feel free to reach out to us, we are here 24/7 and will try our best to potentially help you if not give you resources that would be best be able to help you.

Stay strong,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X