• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod4
    replied
    RE: im 17 and a runaway

Hello,
    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.
    We are not legal experts at NRS therefore we are not at liberty to tell you what might or could happen with your legal situation once you turn 18 years of age.
    Have you or your parents considered speaking with an attorney about your Juvenile court case?
    The probation department in your county may also be able to offer information to your parents about the status and or terms of your case.

We hope that you are able to come to a positive resolution to your situation.
    Good Luck,
    NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod13; 02-05-2015, 10:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    im 17 and a runaway

I am 17 right now and i ran way when i turned 16 from my parents When i had an outing for A day from juvy but i wasnt in any trouble. I wasnt allowed to live at home anymore so i Was staying at juvy. I ran away because i didnt want To Go back to juvy. And my parents are okay With it. i have 4 more months till i Turn 18 will i be in any trouble When i go back After i turn 18.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod5
    replied
    RE:17 and a Teen mom

Hello,
    Thanks for reaching out to us. Sounds like you’re going through an intense time right now and we’ll try and help out as best as we can.

We’re sorry to hear that your family isn’t allowing you to raise your child how you feel like you need to raise your child. It’s gotta be difficult to not only have to give your time and energy to your newborn but also to your family crisis, education, employment, etc.

Moving to another home without parent permission might make it more difficult for you, your baby and the person you’re staying with . If you wanted to avoid legal consequences and issues, you’d have to get permission to live elsewhere.

If you’re looking for some sort of intervention or a place to go, there is a service for 17 year olds called Comprehensive Community Based Youth Services (CCBYS). They help youth and families facilitate options like housing and crisis intervention without involving social services. You can call them directly at 1877-870-2663. You can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can let them know that you live in Chicago and you don’t want to be home anymore.

We hope that helps and if you’d like to explore other options that are available to you, please call us at 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We’re anonymous, confidential and available 24/7.

We hope to hear from you soon.
    NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod13; 02-05-2015, 10:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    17 and a Teen mom

Hi, I'm 17 turning 18 in 6 months and I just recently had a baby 6 weeks ago. He has no birth certificate for him because my mother would not give me my social number. I live in Chicago, IL.
    My bf is 18. And is currently in school and is working.
    But I'm not because I'm way too far behind to finish highschool because of attendance and it is hard for minors to get jobs once school starts.
    Last night 8/13/13 my mother and stepfather drug me out of the car and took my son.
    I returned to my bf's house and his mother called the police.
    The police returned me to my mothers home because I am a minor.
    But if I leave again they will not return me.
    She isn't able to take my son and I am able to file charges because that is kidnapping in chicago.
    The police did not mention anything about them dragging me out of the car.
    I haven't taken any legal actions. But I am thinking about it.
    I have a past history of "running away" bored line kicked out.
    Now that I'm a mother I want to do what's in my sons best interest.
    I don't know if I should wait out the six months til myself and his father are able to take care of him on our own and keep going through physical and verbal abuse or just leave to better myself for my son.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    replied
    RE: im currently pregnant and a runaway

Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us about what is going on. It sounds like you are in a very stressful situation right now and it was very brave of you to reach out to us. Hopefully we can help you find somewhere safe to go and some resources that can provide you with additional support.

It sounds like you and your sister got into an argument yesterday that became physical. It also sounds like you tried to leave in order to go to a safe place and your mom became physical with you. Has this ever happened before? One thing that you can do is to file a report with Child Protective Services; generally what happens is that they will take the report and then do an investigation in order to make a decision. Unfortunately, we can’t tell you what specifically will happen if you were to do this. If you would like to make a report or explore this option further, you can give us a call here at anytime.

You said that you left your house yesterday after your mom choked you because you didn’t feel that it was a safe environment. Do you feel safe where you are now? If you are in need of a safe place to go, please give us a call here and we can help you locate somewhere. We can also talk about other options that you may have.

Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are a confidential and anonymous hotline for youth so you can call us anytime at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat with us from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST), 7 days a week. The chat can be found on our website (www.1800RUNAWAY.org).

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck!

~NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod13; 02-05-2015, 10:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X