Help pls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help pls

My parents constantly make fun of me calling me stupid saying i suck at basketball saying ima get no were in life and be a hobo. They also just punched me in the face both parents b/c i said they treat me with no respect ive ran away b4 b/c they told me 2 then they call the cops and i get in trouble. They show a ton of favortism to my sis she gets unlimited txt and data better phone a horse anything she wants my parents force me do things they know i dont like. I cant rember the last time they have showed any sign of them caring 4 me what do i do?

Re: Help pls

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. Your safety is our priority, and we want to help you in any way we can.

First, you mentioned that your parents hit you in the face. Is home a safe place to be for you? No one has a right to physically harm you, especially your parents, so you have every right to leave the home if you are feeling unsafe. You can call the police, or us, to get help. We are not here to tell you what to do, but we would like to let you know that you can report abuse to the police if you want to. If filing an abuse report is something that you would like to do, or if you just have questions about it, you can always call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

You mentioned that you have previously run away from home. How many times have you left? It must be frustrating to feel like you are being told to leave the house, only to get in trouble for it later. If you call us, we can discuss what’s going on at home and maybe look into options for the next time your parents tell you to leave.
    It can’t feel good to feel like your parents are picking your sister as the favorite. If you call in, we can explore options of ways to communicate with your parents to let them know how you are feeling. Do you think things would change if you mentioned how you’re feeling treated unfairly?

Again, we are here at 1-800-RUNAWAY and someone is here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer your call. We are here to help you and encourage you to call us.

Best of luck and stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X