I could use some help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could use some help

I'm 16 and I hate my mom. She explodes over every little bad thing I do. She likes to put me down and make me feel bad. My dad is awesome and lives five minutes away. I am curious, what defines verbal abuse? I mean she never physically hurts me but she treats me like ********. I want to move in with my dad but she is afraid of not getting child support. She always complains about being broke but she has 9 flipping cars, a 20,000$ lawnmower a four wheeler and the nicest house in our school. She buys her boyfriends kids nice things but when it comes to us she can't afford it. I find it silly. She has no idea how easy she has it, I could be doing drugs, getting bad grades getting in trouble with the cops. But no I'm just here grounded for putting my fork in the sink and not the dishwasher. When ever I try talking to her it's always "how bad of a mom do you think I am you kids don't app anything, it's your dads fault he is telling you to be mean to me" and I'm like who mentioned dad? She always bashes my dad. When I try to tell my dad how bad it is at this house my mom finds out and doesn't allow me to have any contact with him for a month. So no I havn talked to her about it. The only people I feel comfortable talking about this with is my dad and stepmom. My dad feels sorry for me and he knows how she can be. I'm just can't be in this house much longer or I will explode on her

re: I could use some help

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience with us. It sounds like home is a really tough place right now and that you're feeling really overwhelmed by the way that your mom treats you.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to define verbal abuse and every state does so differently but you absolutely have a right to feel safe and secure in your home and always have the option of calling the children services line for your state. At NRS we are here to help in any way possible including providing resources if needed. You mentioned that you are not able to talk to many people about this situation, have you considered reaching out to a friend or perhaps a counselor in your school? It also sounds like it may be helpful to have some coping plans for when things get tough at home, are there any activities or people that help you to feel better when something happens with your mom?

Again, we appreciate you reaching out and encourage you to call NRS (1-800-786-2929) or try our online chat service (www.1800runaway.com) to discuss these and other options further. We are available 24/7, anonymous and confidential, and here to help in any way we can.

Best of Luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X