kidnap/runaway?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kidnap/runaway?

I am 16 living with my mom and 2 sisters I have been abused in the past and have a really hard life now. I have runaway before and went back home now I want to leave forever or at least till I am 18 so that no one can tell me what to do I have met a guy on fb that says he will take me far away I know I should not trust him (he is 35) but I know that I wont get caught in the next few years. I am already packed and have weighed my choices people tell me to kill my family before I go but I am not a killer since I love my sister (just one of them) and would never hurt her. I don't know what I should do I have more than 300$ for gas/bus/food till I get out of state. he said that he will come get me so that I don't have to try to run alone or be questioned. I just want to know what to do before I end up in the sex train or something...

RE: kidnap/runaway?

Thanks for reaching out to us for help. It sounds like you are in a really difficult situation right now. We are sorry to hear that you were abused. Nobody deserves to be abused. It sounds like you have concerns about trusting this man who you met online and about ending up in the sex industry. This is a really valid concern. How do you know that you will be safe, or that running away to this man will be a better situation than you are in now? Human trafficking is a very real concern, and sometimes youth who are thinking about running away can be vulnerable to dangerous people online, and can end up in very terrible situations. It sounds like you are worried about kidnapping, and like you have thought about being violent towards your family. This is a very serious issue. You should know that we are here to help you, and all of our services are anonymous and confidential. You can call us any time to talk about your options. You should know that you have lots of options, and you do not need to harm anyone or go somewhere unsafe to get out of your current situation. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. Our primary concern at NRS is your safety, and we can help you find a safer alternative to going to a stranger you met online. Please do not hesitate to call or chat us at any time.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

right after I posted this my family sent me away for 3 months I am now back with then and am now 17 I don't know what to do because I still have all the thoughts of hurting my family and being "kidnaped" I have started to hurt myself again and started to smoke. I am scared of my mom and don't know how to get out of the house.... please please please help me!!!!!

Comment

Thank you for reaching out to us again. Our first priority at the National Runaway Safeline is your safety and the safety of others around you. You have brought up some very serious issues. It sounds like you are struggling with self-harm, abuse, and thoughts of harming or killing your family. We are very concerned about your safety and the safety of your family. We are here to listen and help however we can. It sounds like some of these issues are outside the scope of our online bulletin board. We strongly encourage you to reach out for help over the phone by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY. If you do not have access to a phone, our number is toll free and you can call for free from any pay phone. We believe your needs could be better served by a local resource that could provide help to you in person. We are happy to talk to you about any resources you might need.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

Thank you for the help I think I will be calling soon. and I will be looking for help were I am.

Comment

Hello there –

Thank you for reaching out to us again. We are glad that we were able to help you during your time of need. If you ever feel the need to get into contact with us again, we are always here to listen and here to help you in any way that we can. Please feel free to reach out to us here by either email, bulletin, calling, and/or our online chat service.

If you give us a call on our 24/7 hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we could help you find resources in your area and could potentially help you brainstorm a solution to the issues you are having. We also have an online chat service available every night from 4:30-11:30PM CST that is available through our website (www.1800runaway.org). If you contact us and give us more information about your location and situation we would be more than happy to help you find resources.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x
            Working...
            X