No announcement yet.

family issues

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • family issues

    I will be 17 in 4 months. I live in California. I am wanting to run away. I have a safe place to go, but it is 1800 miles away in Missouri. I'm not sure what to do. My dad and step mom in Cali r very strict, I can't have a job, friends, drivers license. My grades r not very good, but I know if I get away from my dad, and mom with my mom, I know my grades will come up. Can I run away from my dads house to my moms house? I can't live with my dad anymore. What should I do?

  • #2
    RE: Family Issues

    We are glad you reached out to us. It seems like you are in a very difficult situation where you no longer want to stay with your dad. We are not legal experts here but we can speak generally. It depends on who has custody of you, who gets to determine where you live. Have you tried to talk to your mom about possibly going to live with your dad? Have you talked to your dad about what your plan is? It is good that you have been planning and thinking of everything. We are sorry to hear you are in such a difficult situation. We operate a toll free, confidential and anonymous hotline where we can talk and get more details about what is going on. You can reach us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We look forward to hearing from you. Good luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp