Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im 15 and i want to run away

I want to runaway because i feel like no one care about me here. My parents are too self centered to realize the pain im going through. I want them to lose all custody of me or give me up for adoption. the only reason why they are keeping me is so that they can work me around. If i don't runaway, i rather die than live here. What's the point of living here if all i can do is cry.
    Anybody else is fine but not my parents. I rather have my friend take care of me. My parents think that what they do is the best for me but it's actually the worst for me. They don't put themselves in my shoes and imagine what it feels like.

Re: I'm 15 and I want to run away

Hi there,
    It sounds like things are really difficult at home with your parents. You explain that they are not able to empathize or understand how you feel, although they have tried to get them to understand.

We understand that you want leave home, and that you have a friend who may be able to take care of you. Since your parents are currently your legal guardians, they would have the right to call the police if you leave home. It is not a crime to run away but this does mean that the police would be able to bring you back to your parents.

You might consider talking your parents about your desire to live with someone else. If they were able to give you permission to stay with someone else, and that person was someone who was willing to care for you, it couls be an option to leave home without running away or involving police.

We are not legal experts, but typically speaking, custody would not be taken away from your parents unless there is a specific situation such as abuse at home. Otherwise, getting their permission to stay with someone else may be a more realistic option. However, we would encourage you to give us a call if possible so that we could understand more about your situation and help you to explore your options.

You also describe feeling down and crying a lot, and it seems that feeling misunderstood by your family is making things worse. Maybe it would be helpful to talk to someone about what you are going through. If you're interested, when you call our hotline we could look for counseling resources in your area. We could also help you identify supportive people in your life who you can open up to.

You mention that you would rather die than be at home. It is understandable to feel this way, when you are unhappy where you are, and you are not alone in feeling this way. If at anytime you are feeling suicidal, you can always reach out to the National Suicide Hotline, for a listening ear and some help coping wit these feelings. Their number is 1-800-273-TALK.

We wish you the best of luck. We hope that this information is helpful, and that you will consider reaching out to us in the future when you need some help or a listening ear.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X