Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 15 and I want to move in with my grandma.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod4
    commented on Guest's reply
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you are quite frustrated with the way things are in your life right now and we can understand how that can be come frustrating for you. Sometimes things seem overwhelming and it’s hard to determine how to make them better or to feel better. It is times like these that would be nice to have a listening ear.
    Sometimes talking about your feelings with someone be it a family member teacher or counselor might help to bring about some options not thought of.

NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    We would like to be of assistance to you if we can. It is also important that you remember to exercise self- care. You showed some by reaching out to NRS. Good for you.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more about your situation and explore options and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are feeling depressed or at risk, we urge you to contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I’m done I’ve just hated it here in Washington it’s just I’m an outcast and no one talks to me I’m even worried to type this stupid txt because it gets found by ppl who know me and also I feel judged on everything I write even writing I feel judged the same I can’t do anything I just want to be normal live my life stop being along I’m done with it said I want to move to my grandma because she lives in Oregon and that was the last time I was happy now I just want to end it all and stop living this nightmare of nothing if I talk to a random person they will instantly not respond because I just don’t exist and also every time I go on the bus I sit along because idk I have no friends and my bus gets packed when the bus was being loaded up there was no seats and this girl couldn’t sit anywhere so I moved aside so she could sit and she chose to sit on the floor of the bus than even glance at me wtf is wrong with me I just can’t then when I get to school I sit alone in lunch on my phone because u have no friends and u no what I lived here for 3 years and nothing changed nothing at all. I have an ex I like but she lives in Hawaii now and yea I trying to get over her idk y I can’t because I like no one at my school and I know her so like idl what now I can’t just like no one I can but how I mean I liked I just don’t know I’m not even 15 I’m 13 but who gives a ******** no one’s going to see it anyway and also if you're a suicide line or anything pls don’t bother then I’m just going to get made fun of or just my brother will laugh and my parents will be disappointed and also ur prob bored with me so bye.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 10-18-2019, 03:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us during this difficult time.

It sounds like you are maybe struggling with depression and feel the most happy when you’re with your grandma. We are sorry to hear you’re going through this, it might be a good idea to talk to someone about your situation. One option might be to talk to a school counselor, or we can try and find a therapist in your area. You mentioned wanting to move in with your grandmother. That might be something to discuss with both of them first, it sounds like you care a lot about them both. One of the services we offer is a conference call with both your grandma and your mom.

Here at the National Runaway Safeline we want you to be safe. Please give us a call at any time at 1-800-786-2929 at any time so we can help you come up with a safe plan.

Stay safe and reach out at any time.

Guest replied
    I love my mom and I know she loves me but I don't think I could mentally live I just get really sad and feel useless but with my grandma she just make me happy but I don't want to lose my mom I just want to be happy

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now. You seem very mature and independent for wanting to go back to school and for wanting to get a part time job. One option you could consider is discussing your wishes with your parents. At NRS we offer conference calling where if you call us we can call out to your parents and help you have this conversation. Conference calling allows you to be heard and we are there to mediate the conversation and provide support.
    We are not legal experts but we do have general information on the laws. If you were to leave home because you are a minor your legal guardian could still file a runaway report. If the police did find you they most likely would bring you back home. Because you are a close to being 18 they may allow you to stay where you are at but it depends on the police department.
    We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    I’m 17 I turn 18 on January my moms toxic and I feel like I cant move forward in life with socializing having friends relationships or anything that’s good for me and my opinion never matters even if it’s a fact. I don’t know how to drive I don’t have anything ready for what’s ahead of me I’m not in school either. My grandmas moving and I want to move in with her and start going back too high school immediately get a part time job and do what I have too do for myself. When I’m away from my parents. I feel like I can think straight and live in the moment. I’m never anxious nervous or don’t get depressed. I’m very independent and responsible. And I need that more now that I’m still young but they just don’t push me and when I do my mom just drags me down in that hole with her. Is there anyway I can live with my grandma ? Even if I’m 17 turning 18 in 4Months ?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. It sounds like your mom isn’t listening to you when you are trying to express your thoughts and feelings about how her actions have been affecting you. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member (like your grandma) to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your mom so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in-depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    so recently me and my mom havent been getting along.. like at all.. i want to go live with my grandma, she has anything and everything i could need and while im over there i actually feel confortable talking about how i feel, unlike how it is at my moms house. When im with my biological dad, i cant act like myself, and when im with my mom, im always getting yelled at, and for things that arent even that big of a deal.. honestly when im at my grandmas house, i feel free.. im scared she is gonna hate me if i tell her i wanna live with my grandma.. and she will be totally against it.. so against it she might not even let me see my grandma anymore.. maybe there is some sort of ways to avoid legal options.. and i dont wanna talk to her about it either.. help please

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there, Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.
    We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Guest replied
    I’m twelve, and my mom keeps breaking her promises-and my trust. A week ago, she had her friend and her friend bratty daughter come over, and her friends daughter was very difficult. Her friend comes over 3 times a week, and I asked my mum if we could have a break from her for a bit. She agreed, and I was cool with that. That Sunday, her friend came over again, and I talked to my mum about her promise, and she denied it. I also went out with my friends last night, and my mum asked if that same friend could look after the kids while she picked us all up late. I said yes, and made her promise multiple times that her friend would go after me and my friend got home for our sleepover. In the car on the way back, my mum said she changed her mind, and that parents are allowed to do that. But it happens too often, and I can’t even trust her anymore. I’ve bren openly honest that I really dislike her friend, but she makes up crazy excuses for it each time I repeat it to her, calmly. She is also constantly yelling and cussing at me, which makes me feel depressed. My grandma lives on her own, and I would just love to go live with her. Trust is what holds people together, and mine is gone. I hold loyalty very close to me...and I’m just so done. I really hope she doesn’t see this....thanks for reading.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Reply:Hello, and I’m 13 years old.

Hello,

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. Often moving transitions can feel awkward so we understand that it has not been easy for you. It sounds like you are getting some inspiration and working hard on yourself for change. Living with your grandmother sounds like something that you want to do but mom won’t grant you permission.
    She is your parent and as such she does have the right to decide where and who you may live with. We’re glad you reached out.

It is times like these that it might be have some comfort to have a listening ear.
    We would like to be of assistance to you if we can.
    Sometimes it can be helpful to talk with someone about your feelings for the situation.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat so that we might learn a little more about your situation and how we might assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, we would be glad to listen and perhaps explore some options with you. Please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
    NRS
    We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hello, and I’m 13 years old. My family and I recently moved to Houston, Texas. At my old school, I was always teased for my weight, and I was excited to move. Unfortunately, the same problems are happening at my new school. Fortunately though, I’ve been working out and working on myself for weeks now. I’m starting my transformation. I plan on moving in with my grandma. But my mom says she needs custody over me. I really don’t want to stay here anymore. What’s even better, is that my aunt lives with my grandma, so my grandma isn’t the only one at the house. I want to live with her soo bad because in order for her to register me for school, she has to have custody. I’ve been trying to talk to my mom about this, but she keeps blowing the whole situation off. What do I do? Can I still move in without my mother’s consent?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Reply: Hi I'm 15 and Iwant to move back....

Hello,

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. Often moving transitions can feel awkward so we understand that it has not been easy for you. It might be helpful for us if we could learn more about your situation. By learning more it might help us to better explore options and hear any idea’s you might have that might help make the situation at least tolerable for you. Sometimes talking things over might bring to light some idea’s not thought of before. We want you to know that NRS is here to support you during this tough time.

If you would like to talk more about your situation, please contact 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800runaway.org
    We look forward to hearing from you.

Take care,
    NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi I'm 15 and Iwant to move back with my grandma she has been taking care of me since I was 14 I recently moved in with my dad and around that time he got custody over me but now I want to be with my grandma cause my dad and his wife have bad life style habits and when I try to talk to him about what I think about things he gets mad saying this is our house and we can dowhat ever we want u dont have a say in it I really miss being in my old home so I told my dad I was gonna move back with my grandma and he said no what should i do now?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hi there, thanks for contacting National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry you are feeling mistreated by your father and step mom. It must not feel goof to be yelled at for no reason or hit and choked. You do not deserve to be treated like that by anyone. It seems like you really want to live outside of the home you are in now. It may be beneficial to communicate this to your father and your grandmother to see if there is the possibility they would agree for you to stay with your grandmother. Your mother may surely want to have you live with her but, it may be beneficial to consider that if your mother does not have anywhere stable to stay herself, she may want to do that first, which could take some time. Your safety and comfort is important and she sure may concerned about that as well. It may be beneficial to explore some immediate options if you are really feeling uncomfortable, such as speaking with your father and discussing the issues you all are having in hopes of resolving them, or communicating to him and your grandmother about the option of you living with your grandmother. It may be beneficial to speak with an adult who can serve as a third party about ways to navigate this, such as a counselor or family member you trust. We are more than willing to speak with you about some ways you can do these things. It can be difficult to talk to your parents and we would like to support you. Please, feel free to give us a call at any time on our 24/7 hotline 1800-RUNAWAY or chat with us live by visiting our website 1800runaway.org. We wish you the best of luck.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X