No announcement yet.

I'm 15 and I want to move in with my grandma.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I am alomst 12. I need to live with my grandma and grandpa now! My mom and dad are rude. My mom blames me on things says swear words every day! She wont let me take breaks for online school, inleas its chores. She threats me, said i am a maid and slave and uses me like one. She said I dont care if you run away. But i have online school. but its friday and i am done so i have saturday and sunday off.


    • ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,

      Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and provide support to you. Sounds like you are going through a really frustrating time and we want you to know you are not alone.

      You do not deserve to be cussed at and treated like a slave, we are so sorry to hear that you are going through that. If you feel like you are being emotionally abused, you do have the right to file a report. You can file a report by calling or chatting with us, and we can help you file a report. You can also file a report by calling Child Help at 1800-422-4453.

      We are happy to hear that you feel comfortable with your grandparents to live with them. We are not legal experts but we do have some information. If you were to leave home without permission your legal guardian could file a runaway report. So what that means is it is possible you could be returned home. You could consider asking your parents if you can stay with your grandparents, even if it is short term.

      We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here for you 24/7, and wish you the best of luck!

  • #32
    My mom is the same mentally abusing she always taking her stress out on me


    • ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello – Thank you for reaching out the National Runaway Safeline. We understand how hard of a toll mental abuse can take and are here to help.

      It would be helpful to learn more details about your particular situation to best help. You might consider calling us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY or reaching us online via chat at Best of luck!

  • #33
    I'm 14 years old, my mom past away from cancer and dad left after she died so hes not in the picture no more. I moved in with my aunt/dad sister when i was 7 years old. Few years past and now im 13 always in my room, crying non stop, i tired to OD. Went to the hospital for a week and got diagnosed with depression. Few years past again and im in my room again trying to get sober from weed but i cant while living in this house hold, they mad me feel horrible everyday the only people i can stand in this house is my brother and sister but my 2 cousin and my aunt put to much on me. They also call me all types of names like 'whore, hoe, slut'. I tired several times to talk to my aunt about letting me move in with my grandma but everytime its a no, and she wont give me a reason either. My grandma make me happy and makes me feel self, shes always there when i need someone to talk to and my aunt is to but at the end of the talk its like she forget what i said and doesnt show that she cares. Is there any thing you can do to help me ive been wanted to moved for several years now. Please help.


    • ccsmod16
      ccsmod16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for reaching out; we are glad that you did. We are sorry to hear that your mom passed away when you were so young, and that your dad left after that. It sounds like you are going through a lot of pain and suffering due to the way you are talked to and treated.
      It sounds like you are struggling to stay sober from weed, but it's very hard due to what you are going through. We are very glad that you have your grandmother to listen to you and to believe you.
      It's understandable to want to live with her. The hard part is that it depends on who is your legal guardian, which it sounds like is your aunt. Maybe you can ask your grandma to get a lawyer and go to court to apply for custody of you, based on how you are treated.
      We do hope that you will chat us through this website so we can talk about this more with you. You can also call us at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY). Both are confidential and 24/7 and we can talk with you about what your options might be.
      We truly hope to hear from you soon
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif