Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 15 and I want to move in with my grandma.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my mom and I know she loves me but I don't think I could mentally live I just get really sad and feel useless but with my grandma she just make me happy but I don't want to lose my mom I just want to be happy

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us during this difficult time.

It sounds like you are maybe struggling with depression and feel the most happy when you’re with your grandma. We are sorry to hear you’re going through this, it might be a good idea to talk to someone about your situation. One option might be to talk to a school counselor, or we can try and find a therapist in your area. You mentioned wanting to move in with your grandmother. That might be something to discuss with both of them first, it sounds like you care a lot about them both. One of the services we offer is a conference call with both your grandma and your mom.

Here at the National Runaway Safeline we want you to be safe. Please give us a call at any time at 1-800-786-2929 at any time so we can help you come up with a safe plan.

Stay safe and reach out at any time.

I’m done I’ve just hated it here in Washington it’s just I’m an outcast and no one talks to me I’m even worried to type this stupid txt because it gets found by ppl who know me and also I feel judged on everything I write even writing I feel judged the same I can’t do anything I just want to be normal live my life stop being along I’m done with it said I want to move to my grandma because she lives in Oregon and that was the last time I was happy now I just want to end it all and stop living this nightmare of nothing if I talk to a random person they will instantly not respond because I just don’t exist and also every time I go on the bus I sit along because idk I have no friends and my bus gets packed when the bus was being loaded up there was no seats and this girl couldn’t sit anywhere so I moved aside so she could sit and she chose to sit on the floor of the bus than even glance at me wtf is wrong with me I just can’t then when I get to school I sit alone in lunch on my phone because u have no friends and u no what I lived here for 3 years and nothing changed nothing at all. I have an ex I like but she lives in Hawaii now and yea I trying to get over her idk y I can’t because I like no one at my school and I know her so like idl what now I can’t just like no one I can but how I mean I liked I just don’t know I’m not even 15 I’m 13 but who gives a ******** no one’s going to see it anyway and also if you're a suicide line or anything pls don’t bother then I’m just going to get made fun of or just my brother will laugh and my parents will be disappointed and also ur prob bored with me so bye.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 10-18-2019, 04:39 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod4
      ccsmod4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you are quite frustrated with the way things are in your life right now and we can understand how that can be come frustrating for you. Sometimes things seem overwhelming and it’s hard to determine how to make them better or to feel better. It is times like these that would be nice to have a listening ear.
      Sometimes talking about your feelings with someone be it a family member teacher or counselor might help to bring about some options not thought of.

NRS is here to listen and here to help.
      We would like to be of assistance to you if we can. It is also important that you remember to exercise self- care. You showed some by reaching out to NRS. Good for you.
      We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more about your situation and explore options and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are feeling depressed or at risk, we urge you to contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
      NRS

hey so am i able to move in with my grandma if i can prov eto the court that my parents are unfit to keep me

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello! Thank you for reaching out to the national runaway Safeline!

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to the national runaway Safeline!

It seems like there is a lot going on at home, and you want to go ahead and move in with your grandmother because your parents may be unfit. If there is abuse going on, you may consider reaching out to the Child Help hotline at 1800) 422-4453, and file a report with child protective services about what is it occurring on in the home.

Along those same lines, we’re not legal experts, but in most states anyone under 18 is still considered a minor. If you decide to leave your parents’ house without their approval, your parents may reach out to the authorities and file a runaway report. Whoever you end up staying with, may face some consequences for harboring a runaway. If you feel like you are ever in danger, you may text the word safe and your location to 44357. The national place will send you a text to a nearby location, and a crisis worker may come out to assist you further.

We hope that the resources and options that were brought up today can further assists you. You’re really brave for reaching out for help, and if you need any additional help or resources, you can give us a call at our 24/7 hotline number at 1800) 786-2929. Best of luck!

I am 13 about to be 14 and I live with my Dad and Step mom along with my sister. And my dad is very how do i put it mentally abusive and it is driving me to the point where i am cutting myself when i cry and i want to stop i really do but i feel like i am going insane and i want to move in with my grandma but i half to go to court to be able to live with my grandma. do i have a strong enough case? please help me!

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there, thank you for reaching out today.

Sounds like you are very overwhelmed at home with your dad who you are feeling is emotional abusive. How you are feeling is significant, and you so deserve to be supported during this difficult time.

You mentioned that you have been driven to the point where you are cutting yourself and you cannot stop crying. That sounds really painful. If you have any supportive friends or supportive adults like your grandma or a teacher or counselor, you might let them know how you are feeling and what you are going through. You shouldn't have to through this alone. We are always here for you if you ever need to talk to someone. Please do not hesitate to call or chat us: 1-800-RUNAWAY; www.1800runaway.org. You might also reach out to NAMI or the National Alliance on Mental Illness by calling 1-800-950-NAMI or texting NAMI to 741741. Please know that you are never alone, and there is always hope that your situation will improve.

It sounds like you are focused on moving in with your grandma. If you haven't already, you might ask her if you can stay with her. She might have some options with talking to to your dad and making an informal living arrangement or going to court for you depending on the situation.

Please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you would like to talk more about your situation and help with brainstorming your options. We are always here for you.

Best,

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X