Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 15 and I want to move in with my grandma.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my mom and I know she loves me but I don't think I could mentally live I just get really sad and feel useless but with my grandma she just make me happy but I don't want to lose my mom I just want to be happy

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us during this difficult time.

It sounds like you are maybe struggling with depression and feel the most happy when you’re with your grandma. We are sorry to hear you’re going through this, it might be a good idea to talk to someone about your situation. One option might be to talk to a school counselor, or we can try and find a therapist in your area. You mentioned wanting to move in with your grandmother. That might be something to discuss with both of them first, it sounds like you care a lot about them both. One of the services we offer is a conference call with both your grandma and your mom.

Here at the National Runaway Safeline we want you to be safe. Please give us a call at any time at 1-800-786-2929 at any time so we can help you come up with a safe plan.

Stay safe and reach out at any time.

I’m done I’ve just hated it here in Washington it’s just I’m an outcast and no one talks to me I’m even worried to type this stupid txt because it gets found by ppl who know me and also I feel judged on everything I write even writing I feel judged the same I can’t do anything I just want to be normal live my life stop being along I’m done with it said I want to move to my grandma because she lives in Oregon and that was the last time I was happy now I just want to end it all and stop living this nightmare of nothing if I talk to a random person they will instantly not respond because I just don’t exist and also every time I go on the bus I sit along because idk I have no friends and my bus gets packed when the bus was being loaded up there was no seats and this girl couldn’t sit anywhere so I moved aside so she could sit and she chose to sit on the floor of the bus than even glance at me wtf is wrong with me I just can’t then when I get to school I sit alone in lunch on my phone because u have no friends and u no what I lived here for 3 years and nothing changed nothing at all. I have an ex I like but she lives in Hawaii now and yea I trying to get over her idk y I can’t because I like no one at my school and I know her so like idl what now I can’t just like no one I can but how I mean I liked I just don’t know I’m not even 15 I’m 13 but who gives a ******** no one’s going to see it anyway and also if you're a suicide line or anything pls don’t bother then I’m just going to get made fun of or just my brother will laugh and my parents will be disappointed and also ur prob bored with me so bye.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 10-18-2019, 03:39 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod4
      ccsmod4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you are quite frustrated with the way things are in your life right now and we can understand how that can be come frustrating for you. Sometimes things seem overwhelming and it’s hard to determine how to make them better or to feel better. It is times like these that would be nice to have a listening ear.
      Sometimes talking about your feelings with someone be it a family member teacher or counselor might help to bring about some options not thought of.

NRS is here to listen and here to help.
      We would like to be of assistance to you if we can. It is also important that you remember to exercise self- care. You showed some by reaching out to NRS. Good for you.
      We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more about your situation and explore options and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are feeling depressed or at risk, we urge you to contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
      NRS

hey so am i able to move in with my grandma if i can prov eto the court that my parents are unfit to keep me

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello! Thank you for reaching out to the national runaway Safeline!

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to the national runaway Safeline!

It seems like there is a lot going on at home, and you want to go ahead and move in with your grandmother because your parents may be unfit. If there is abuse going on, you may consider reaching out to the Child Help hotline at 1800) 422-4453, and file a report with child protective services about what is it occurring on in the home.

Along those same lines, we’re not legal experts, but in most states anyone under 18 is still considered a minor. If you decide to leave your parents’ house without their approval, your parents may reach out to the authorities and file a runaway report. Whoever you end up staying with, may face some consequences for harboring a runaway. If you feel like you are ever in danger, you may text the word safe and your location to 44357. The national place will send you a text to a nearby location, and a crisis worker may come out to assist you further.

We hope that the resources and options that were brought up today can further assists you. You’re really brave for reaching out for help, and if you need any additional help or resources, you can give us a call at our 24/7 hotline number at 1800) 786-2929. Best of luck!

I am 13 about to be 14 and I live with my Dad and Step mom along with my sister. And my dad is very how do i put it mentally abusive and it is driving me to the point where i am cutting myself when i cry and i want to stop i really do but i feel like i am going insane and i want to move in with my grandma but i half to go to court to be able to live with my grandma. do i have a strong enough case? please help me!

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there, thank you for reaching out today.

Sounds like you are very overwhelmed at home with your dad who you are feeling is emotional abusive. How you are feeling is significant, and you so deserve to be supported during this difficult time.

You mentioned that you have been driven to the point where you are cutting yourself and you cannot stop crying. That sounds really painful. If you have any supportive friends or supportive adults like your grandma or a teacher or counselor, you might let them know how you are feeling and what you are going through. You shouldn't have to through this alone. We are always here for you if you ever need to talk to someone. Please do not hesitate to call or chat us: 1-800-RUNAWAY; www.1800runaway.org. You might also reach out to NAMI or the National Alliance on Mental Illness by calling 1-800-950-NAMI or texting NAMI to 741741. Please know that you are never alone, and there is always hope that your situation will improve.

It sounds like you are focused on moving in with your grandma. If you haven't already, you might ask her if you can stay with her. She might have some options with talking to to your dad and making an informal living arrangement or going to court for you depending on the situation.

Please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you would like to talk more about your situation and help with brainstorming your options. We are always here for you.

Best,

NRS

hello i’m a 15 year old girl who wants to move in with her grandparents. my mom is mentally abusive and my step dad doesn’t care to much for me. my mom says nasty things to me everyday and my whole family has said something to her about changing but she just keeps getting worse. it was to the point where i tried to commit suicide because of it. she won’t allow me to leave and she says i have to deal with the things she says because i can’t run away from it in real life. i really need to get out even just to finish school.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Safeline. It takes great courage to reach out for help and we are glad that you decided to reach out for help.

We are sorry to hear that you are going through a hard time. If you ever feel your safety is at risk you can call 911. You can also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK(8255). You don't deserve to be hurt in anyway. Talking to other adults you trust including relative and school counselors can be helpful in many situations. You can also contact NAMI at 1-800-950-NAMI for counseling resources.

This sounds like a hard situation and you are doing great by reaching out for help before taking any steps. If you like you can contact us at our 24 hour confidential hotline at 1-800-786-2929 and we would be happy to listen to you, explore your options and provide any resources.

In these hard time it can be helpful to find time to do activities you like. Reading, listening to music, journaling, exercising, meditating, and talking to friends can be helpful.

We wish you the best and hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
      NRS

Hi, I am 15 years old and I love with both parents and 2 sisters. I'm always being blamed for everything and cusses out every single day by my dad. And he sometimes gets abusive. I'm always scared and my only escape was food, I then developed an eating disorder. I'm recovering though. My health is getting really bad and I'm always feeling sick and tired. My Grandma is the only person who will listen to me and cares about my health. She said that she will do all she can to help me and possibly get away from my parents. Would I be able to live with her without parents concent? They are my biological parents.

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline, as we understand it takes a lot of bravery to reach out for help and tell your story.
      You do not deserve to be abused, especially by your parents. We are very sorry to hear that their abuse resulted in you developing an eating disorder.
      We are glad to hear you are recovering. If you would like help during your recovery, one resource is the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), which you can give a call to at 1-800-950-NAMI or chat with by texting NAMI to 741741. We are really glad to hear that your grandma is so supportive of you. We are not legal experts, but unfortunately, if you went to live with your grandma without your parents’ consent both you and your grandma could get in trouble. You parents could file a runaway report, meaning that if you were found by the police to be staying at your grandma’s without your parents’ consent it would be a misdemeanor for your grandma for harboring a runaway and a misdemeanor for you for running away. However, police do not typically look for runaway youth. It could be helpful to talk to other trusted adults like a school counselor or friend’s parent to build a support system for if you decide to talk to your parents about living with your grandma. In terms of your father’s abusive behavior, you do have the right to file an abuse report so somebody can investigate what is going. Furthermore, having an open abuse case about you and your father could make the police more lenient about you staying with your grandma. If filing an abuse report is of interest to you, you could give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY and we could help you do so.
      Thanks again for reaching out. You are incredibly strong and brave. Feel free to chat with us at our website or give us a call anytime as we are available 24/7 and are completely confidential. Best of luck!

Hey I'm with my Grandma rn cause me and .y mom always argue and never get along and we always argue and its not a good mental state for me so I came here and she knows I'm here and is just ignoring me abt everything I ask or talk to her abt it's gotten so bad where she doesn't even talk to me and this has happened before but is she my guardian that still has to make decisions or is my Grandma

Comment

• ccsmod10
      ccsmod10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us your story. It sounds like you are going through a very difficult time right now and we hope to be able to help you out. The only way your grandmother would become your guardian is if she was appointed on either by your mom or by the court. We’re not legal experts here at NRS. Generally it’s not illegal to leave home, but your parents could file a runaway report, the police could get involved, and they could bring you home. Your grandmother could potentially get in trouble for having you stay there if your parents file a report. You could consider calling your local nonemergency police department to ask about their policies. We also have legal aid resources here if you have specific questions about the laws in your state.

One service we can offer is to conference call with your parents. This way you could have a conversation with your parents but you would not be alone. For example, it may be hard for you to explain to your mom about how you feel. Sometimes those conversations go better in a conference call because we can advocate for you. If you want to reach us, you can chat with us anytime at 1800runaway.org or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We’re here 24/7, and we are ready to listen and help however we can.

Take care
      -NRS.

Hello, I am thirteen. And currently want to live with my grandma. Sadly I don't think it's possible...My dad hits me and smacks me a lot. My mother is verbally abusive and I just can't stay here. I ran away to my grandma's house before but they came and got me. I should just take the easy way out and kill myself. Yeah...I will kill myself to take the pain away...

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello –

Thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes great courage to reach out. We are sorry to hear about the way you have been treated by your parents. You do not deserve to be abused in any way, shape, or form.

Depending on what you are looking for, a great resource for you could be the National Child Abuse Hotline. You can reach them at 1-800-422-4453. You can call them anonymously to learn about the abuse reporting process, or directly report abuse to this line. They are a good resource for talking through your options given the abuse you face at home. Typically, if an abuse report is made, police will not return you to that home. Your safety is the most important thing in this situation.

Another resource is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. If you are having suicidal thoughts, they are a great support system to help you work through your problems.

Additionally, another option could be to live full-time at your grandmother’s house if you feel that could help your situation. If that is an option that interests you, it may be best to call into our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) to learn more about that possibility or the National Child Abuse Hotline could help with this as well.

We hope the information provided helps. Remember we are available 24/7 and can be toll-free reached at the number listed above. We are confidential, anonymous, and non-direct. We can also be reached via live chat at any time.

Best Wishes

~NRS

I hate my life kill me

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for sharing a post on our bulletin here at the National Runaway Safeline. It was very brave of you to share how you have been feeling. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 (www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org) is always available if you need someone to talk to about how you have been feeling. Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

We are available 24/7 as a confidential space for you to talk about your situation and explore possible options. We truly want to be a support for you during this difficult time. You can reach out to NRS anytime by phone 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at 1800runaway.org to talk more in depth. We are here to listen and help as much as possible.

Stay safe and stay strong,
      NRS

Hi I’m 16, At the moment I’m staying with my grandma. I don’t want to go home, my mom is mentally and emotionally abusive. she’s very evil. She got it from my step-dad over the years. He’s raised me since I was 3. And he’s an active gang member. He’s always been very abusive in all ways to mostly me and my mom, he always calls us names, and sometimes even tells my mom to kill herself. I cry so much in that house, they’re both so evil and fight so much. He used to beat my mom so bad. I’m scarred for life. She has always chose him over me. N she will not leave him. Because of him I’m scared of men. My grandma is trying to get custody of me right now. It is obvious that they are unfit to be parents. But all of my belongings are at home, and I worked very hard and payed for all of it, they always take my stuff. I recently got a new iWatch n I was so excited and I felt so accomplished, the first thing they did was pawn it. And they told me if I leave I’ll never see them or my siblings again. Oh my god I was so sad. My siblings are my happiness at home. And I don’t know what to do. I need advice, please. Urgently. I can’t go back. I just can’t.

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

As for your main question about moving in with your grandma: We are not legal experts, but we can share some general information. If your mom does have custody of you, and you leave to live with your grandma, she may be able to file a runaway report, which could mean that the police would bring you back to your mom. Depending on the laws in your state, it could also be a misdemeanor for your grandmother to let you stay with her, if she does not have your mom's consent. Please feel free to give us a call, and we can help you find any legal resources for your state that can give you more information.

You may consider whether there is anything that might convince your mom to allow you to move. Have you considered reaching out to other adults for help, such as a school counselor or family friend? You might think about whether anyone can talk to your mom on your behalf, or be there with you when you tell her that you want to live with your grandma.

If you are ever physically hurt at home, or are not provided with basic needs, you could make a child abuse report, so that somebody would investigate what is going on at home. If you think this might apply to you, we can make an abuse report over the phone with you. You can also call 1-800-422-4453 to find out more information.

Please know that you are always welcome to give us a call to talk about your situation in more detail. We wish you the best of luck.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X