X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I cant soldier on anymore

I have been dealing with my moms insecurities and worries about me for 4 years. I cant take how just because she was a drug addict and still an achoholic, she believes I have the "isms". It didnt help that I brougt back three Coors light from a party in Oklahoma with my uncles. She recently found them and has forced even stricter rules on me, and because of my depression from living with my mom in the first place, she believes I am trying to escape reality. Thats not the case, just since I first tried a sip, I will often thirst for a can. It is really complicated but I will explain my best in the next few posts on how I am living, and what happned tonight. I really want to live with my dad again. I moved out four years ago because of my stepmoms alcohol abuse nd I asked to try living with my mom because I hadnt seen her since I was five. (This was when I was 10, and im crrently 15 in march). I really miss my dad and family I grew up with and my stepmom is doing alot better, she even quit smoking! Now im here with deptessing problems with my mom , and I broke.down tonight and valled my dad back agter he dropped me off. My mom set me off and I sobbed in mydads arms . I cant take it anymore
    Im finished with these mentally depressing vhallenges. Please help meI dont know what to do I want to move in with my dad.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    replied
    RE: Re: I want to live with my grandparents.

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing! It is always good to hear that you are not alone. Thanks for your support for other youth in crisis. If you want help with your situation, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon, and wish you the best of luck.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: I want to live with my grandparents.

I understand where you are coming from. I feel like this alot -I hope this helps so you don't feel like your the only one.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    replied
    re: why do my family hate me

Hey there,

It sounds like you're having a tough time right now and you feel like your family hates you. It must be frustrating to feel like that. We would be happy to talk with you more about your situation and do our best to help. If you are feeling like harming yourself, you can can always chat with the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline for assistance as well. Their number is 1-800-273-8255.

Hope to hear from you soon,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    why do my family hate me

they dont care if i die today they think its all fine because i smile and never EVER ask how im doing never once its sad... F*** LIFE

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod8
    replied
    RE: Re: I want to live with my grandparents.

Hello there –

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We are always here to listen to what has been going on. From reading your post here on our public forum, it sounds like you are a little worried about staying with your grandparents. Now we aren’t legal experts here so we can’t tell you for sure what will happen. Immigration status isn’t something that we normally deal with or have much knowledge on unfortunately. If you were able to stay with your grandparents would have to depend on who your legal guardian is and if they were okay with you staying with them. If you are under the age of majority and you have ran away from your parents, then they have the right to file a runaway report. Since it’s not a crime to runaway the only thing that would happen is that they bring you back home to your parents. But if they are okay with your living with your grandparents and know where you are, then with their permission you are able to live there. Just know that your parent or legal guardian can take it away whenever they want to have you return home.

If you give us a call on our 24/7 hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we could help you find resources in your area and could potentially help you brainstorm a possible solution to the issues you are having. We would love to talk to you about what has been going on recently that is making you want to leave home. We also have an online chat service available every day.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Can I still live with my grandparents if I was born in Mexico

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    replied
    RE: I need help

Thank you for reaching us at the National Runaway Safeline. It is a great first step to finding the information and help that you may need. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time being at home with your mother. You are strong for going through so much. It looks like you care very much for your mother. Have you tried talking to her about what she may be going through or communicate how you are feeling because of this? It is amazing that you find support with your grandparents, will your mother be supportive of this decision to live with them?

We are not legal experts here, but typically being under the age that your state considers to be an adult(usually 18 ) means that you need permission to leave home from your parents. Should you leave without it, your parents could file a runaway report with the police. Running away is not illegal, but it would require the police to return you home should they find you. Sometimes those that help youth that have runaway by providing them shelter could be charged with harboring a runaway if charges are pressed by the one filling a report.

Some things to think about is continuing education some other things to think about to add to your plan is how long do you anticipate on be able to stay at your grandparents ? Will they be willing to support you financially with food, clothing, other expenses and allow you to stay rent free? What if things do not work out here in the future, what will be your back up plan?

We hope this information was useful.
    Best of Luck
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I need help

I love my mom I just don't like how she has mood swings I want to live with my grandma so bad I'm 16 is there anyway I can make it happen

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    replied
    Re: I want to live with my grandmother

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us through the online forum here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like there is a lot going on at home right now, and you're feeling like living with your grandmother as opposed to your parents is best. It seems you feel your parents are easily upset by what you feel are simple things. Oftentimes conflict at home stems from misunderstanding. It may help to talk things out with a trusted adult to find ways to help your situation at home. We are here to listen and to help in any way we can. We, unfortunately, cannot provide advice but possible explore some options with you. Your grandmother seems to be someone you trust and feels comfortable going to. Perhaps you may be able to talk with your grandmother to see if she can have a conversation with your parents.

If you needed help brainstorming ways to talk to your parents or your grandmother please reach out by phone or chat.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best,

NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I want to live with my grandmother

I'm 15 years old. From El Paso, Tx. I'm thinking of living with my grandmother.. I don't want to live with my parents anymore.. they get mad at me for the most simplest things.. honestly here's one for example.. I went to my boyfriends house and I forgot to my brother I was going.. My mother grounded me for 4 days because of it.. she said things could have happened. I told my brother I was sorry.. I would let him know. My mother is now mad at me. I don't want to talk to her.. She found out I was self-harming a couple months ago.. (in December) she lost all trust in me... I don't want to live with them.. They think I'm happy.. I'm really not. When I was younger my father tried to put in adoption. . when I was 7 for a tantrum.. every day I'm reminded of it. I want to live with my grandmother .... please advice.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    replied
    re: My parents

Hey there,

Being a youth at 13, your parents are legally responsible for taking care of you. Which means, if you want to permanently live with someone else, that would usually require their permission and consent. We are not legal experts so we don't know for sure, but you may not be able to make the decision to live with your grandparents on your own. Especially if you parents would not allow it. If you do try to stay there, and your parents file a runaway report for you, it could cause problems. If you want to know for sure, a good place to talk with someone is a local legal aid resource. They may know more about those laws than we do.

We hope this information was helpful.

Best of luck to you,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    My parents

Stuff at my mom and step-dad house is awful my mom judges me and my step-dad hates me. I'm going back to Louisiana for summer so I can visit my dad's Grave and spend time with my grandma and grandpa, but I'm 13 and I was wondering if I can make the decision to move in with my grandparents

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod14
    replied

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. It sounds like you have really been through a lot and we’re sorry to hear about all of this. We’re so glad that you reached out, that’s a really brave thing to do.

It sounds like you have been experiencing abuse since you were a baby. You do not deserve any type of abuse and we’re very sorry to hear that this has been going on. If you would like to make an abuse report, you can do that here with us at (800) RUNAWAY (786 2929) or you can call Child Help USA at (800) 422 4453.

It sounds like you feel safe with your grandparents and would like to live with them instead of at home with your mom. It is understandable why you would want to leave this environment. We’re not here to tell you what you should or should not do, we’re just here to help keep you safe in what you decide is best for your situation. One thing that might be worth exploring is getting permission from your current legal guardian (sounds like that’s your mom) to live with your grandparents. We’re not legal experts, but if permission is given then legal guardian should not be filing a runaway report as that should only be applicable if you leave without permission.

Please do call or chat if you would like to talk more about your situation. We’re here to help work through your options and come up with a plan.

Stay safe,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

so every sense i was a baby my mom would treat me in a wrong way what i mean by that is she punched me in my back beated me in the head whip me in my eye with the iron part on the belt whip me its alot . I just want to move with my grandparents.

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X