•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod3
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,
    Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline, we appreciate you telling us a little bit about what is going on. It sounds like you are going through a complex and tough situation right now and we are here to listen. Here at NRS we aren’t legal experts, therefore, answering your question directly is difficult for us to do. If you call in we could resource you to legal experts in your state or local area and can discuss more in detail how we can best support you through this situation. Stay strong! You are not alone in this and we are here 24/7.
    -NRS

Guest replied
    I moved in with my grandma then she sent me back to my mom under the circumstances that i was getting in trouble but i was not suppose to leave the state so now i have to go to court , am i allowed to say i still want to say i want to stay with my grandma ?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes a great deal of courage to seek help. We are not legal experts, but from what we know you could ask your parents if they would allow you to live your grand parent. You could try asking your grand parent to speak with your parents on your behalf. Here at NRS, we offer conference calls between youth and their parents. This could be an opportunity for you to express to your parents how you feel about your current living situation. If you have any other questions or just need to talk, please contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929) email, or live chat.

Guest replied
    Im 12 years old when i turn 13 do i have a choice to live with my grand parent??

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Hello,
    Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’ve been going through such a tough time, but we are here to support you and help you in any way we can. That sounds really stressful to have that conflict with your mom. But it sounds like you have some positive support from your grandma.
    We want you to know that you are worth it and that there is hope for you. If you ever feel that you are in danger of hurting or killing yourself, you could call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255; suicidepreventionlifeline.org) or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online.
    If you haven’t already, you could consider reaching out to a trusted adult, relative, worker/teacher/counselor at your school for help and support. If you haven’t, you could also consider talking to your mom or grandma about how you’ve been feeling or have someone else help you talk with them. Just so you know, we have a service called conference calling where we could help mediate a conversation between you and your mom.
    There are also many resources that could help you talk through your challenges, get the answers to legal questions, or help you with anything else you may need. If you want to talk more about what’s been going on, or if you would like more information about resources, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online.
    Again, thank you or contacting us. It sounds like you’ve been going through a really hard time, but you’ve shown a lot of strength by working through these challenges and reaching out for help. If you ever need anything in the future, please feel free to call us or chat with us online. We’re always here to listen and here to help.
    -NRS

Guest replied
    Some times I feel like killin my self, because of how angry my mom gets me she gets me to the point to were I wish I wasn' hers I really love my grandma and she.accually over ME BACK, I don' want to live with her it' either living with my gma or its literally gonna die. Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    replied
    Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We are here 24/7 to listen and to support.

It's great that you are looking out for your girlfriend and want her to be safe and happy. It must be so hard to be in a new situation that isn't good for her. Unfortunately we are not legal experts and it seems to be a question of who has custody over her and what her rights are. One thing she can do is reach out to Child Help at 1-800-422-4453. They have information about child abuse reporting but also about the possibility of transferring custody and they can also just talk to her about her rights as a minor in her situation. If she has a counselor or other adult that she trusts, she could also ask them to help her call out if she is nervous. We also have a conference call service here where a liner could mediate a conversation between your girlfriend and her dad and grandparents to try to come up with some solutions to how the living situation could be better. The liner could help to mediate the call and keep it fair. You can let her know that she can reach out to us anytime if that would interest her or if she just wants to talk more about her situation. We can be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Best,

NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod1; 02-25-2018, 12:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hey i dont want to run away but im asking a question for my gf. Shes 14 and she lives in florida. She had lived with her grandparents since birth for 11 years. Her dad just came back into her life 2 years ago and he forces all these rules on her and shes been through alot with him and his x wife. Her mom isnt around and its hell for her. And he wont let her see her grandparents alot because she some how broke his trust by going to one football game without his permission because her grandparents let her go. Hes a jerk pretty much but my question is when can she move back into her grandparents house?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’ve been going through such a tough time, but we are here to support you and help you in any way we can.

We want you to know that no one deserves to be abused, and you should not have to go through that. That sounds really scary to have someone around your home that you don’t feel comfortable with. If you haven’t already, you could consider reporting the abuse you’ve been experiencing. If you want more information about abuse reporting or if you want to file a report, you could call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 or you could call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online. And if you ever feel that you are in danger, you could call 911 for immediate help.

If you haven’t already, you could consider reaching out to a trusted adult, relative, worker/teacher/counselor at your school for help and support. If you haven’t, you could also consider talking to your family about how you’ve been feeling or have someone else help you talk to them.

There are also many resources that could help you find a safe place if you’re in need, talk through your situation, or help you with anything else you may need. If you want to talk more about what’s been going on, or if you would like more information about resources, you can call us or chat with us online.

Again, thank you or contacting us. It sounds like you’ve been going through a really hard time, but you’ve shown a lot of strength by working through these challenges and reaching out for help. If you ever need anything in the future, please feel free to call us or chat with us online. We’re always here to listen and here to help.

Guest replied
    my mom is abusive my dad is in jail but my mom is overly abusive and she manipulates people to get what she wants she lets a weird guy in our house all the time they fight and the guest is always re invited back in so my life is miserable without my grandparents help because i am trapped and abused help me!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through a hard time at home. It takes a lot of courage to reach out for help and we are glad that you decided to reach out to us.

It sounds like you would like to stay with your grandparents. If it might be an option for you, you could ask your grandparents could petition for your guardianship. While we are not legal experts generally speaking if you are to run away from home the police could bring you back home and whoever you are staying with could be charged with harboring a runaway and could get in trouble with the law.

All of this can be hard and confusing, we are here to support you through this time. If you call us at our 24 hour confidential hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or live chat with us from 4:30 PM -11:30 PM we would be happy to listen to you, explore your options and provide any resources.

Best,

NRS

Guest replied
    i need some help'

i am 16 years old and my brother is 17. while our dad is in jail we where moved into another home. we lived with this person for a year and we cant stand it here. my brother and i want to move out and go stay with the original person we were supposed to stay with in the first place. now my man conser is can they be charged with kidnapping if i left a letter telling the guarding that i moved out and the reasons why.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Hello,
    We are glad that you reached out to us here at NRS for some help today. It sounds like you’re in a tough situation- we’re here to help. You could perhaps discuss this with your mother and grandmother; they may be able to help you sort out the situation. While we aren’t legal experts, we can tell you that it is necessary by law that you live with your legal guardian. We understand that this may be a bit confusing for you, so feel free to call us anytime. We are a confidential and nonjudgmental hotline and will do our best to help you.
    We can be reached 24/7 at 1(800)-Runaway (800—786-2929) and are available on live chat through our website. Thanks for reaching out.
    Best of Luck!

Guest replied
    lost- My parents are divorced and I dont think my mom can afford to take me in so........ I am 11 by the way. But can my grandma take me in

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod5
    Hey,
    Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like your niece is in a terrible situation and you must be an amazing person to try and support her. It sounds like you and her nana love her a lot and she’s lucky to have people like you in her life. We’re not legal experts, but generally speaking your niece would need to be 18 to leave home without her parents’ permission. It sounds like her parents are unwilling to let her stay elsewhere, which is frustrating, and it sounds like child protective services have not been helpful despite the neglect going on. One option you might have is to take her parents to court for custody of her. It may help that her nana has taken care of her in the past and that there is official record of her parents being neglectful. For more information on this, you would need to reach out to a family lawyer in your area. If you need help locating a legal resource, we can try to help you find one if you call us at 1-800-786-2929. Thank you again for reaching out and advocating for your niece. Best of luck to you all.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X