I need to get out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to get out

Hi, im 16 and I can not stand to be with my dad. He treats me loke his maid and is constantly telling me im wrong and im only as smart as my three year old brother. I see my dad every other weekend and one night a week. I play twof sports and He is making me miss practices and games on a regular basis and expects me to just sit at home. He screams in my face and yells all the time. He has had multiple wives in and out of the house. My mom was his first wife. I am the oldest and I am expected to raise my other siblings. I cook all meals and clean up after everyone. He has smacked me in the face multiple times but not hard enough to bruse or anything so m not sure if its considered abuse. He tells me all the time how awful my mother is and then tells me how I am just like her. I just want to live with my mom and get out of this house. How much trouble canI get in for running away to my moms? Can she get in trouble?

Re: I need to get out

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us here at National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you have been having a pretty tough time at home and we are here to help you out the best that we can.

No one deserves to be abused in any way. You shared with us that your dad has smacked you before and it sounds like you have questioned whether or not this is abuse. We want to let you know that any type unwanted touching or hitting is considered physical abuse and you have the right to make a report. Have you thought about contacting Child Protective Services before? You deserve to feel safe in your own home.

It sounds like you see your dad every other weekend and one night a week. Does this mean they have joint custody of you? It has got to be really tough to be treated this way when you are with him. It sounds like you have support from your mom and the way that he speaks badly about her has got to be really hard to hear. Have you talked to her at all about the way that he treats you when you are staying with him?

We are not legal experts here, so we do not want to give you the wrong information regarding your situation but we can speak in general terms. In most states, the legal age of an adult is 18 which means if you are under that age, your guardians have the right to make a runaway report if you leave home without their permission. If your guardians did make a runaway report, and the police found you, they would just bring you back home. However, it sounds like both of your parents might be considered legal guardians, in which case the situation might not be considered a runaway situation. Again, we are not legal experts. One option that you have is to contact legal resources that would know how to better answer your questions. If you were to call our 24/7, anonymous and confidential hotline at 1800runaway we could look up local legal resources for you. We are here to support you the best that we can, whether it be providing resources, exploring your situation further or simply just talking.

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST and can be accessed here:
    http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/...psa1ce0933.gif
    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X