Help?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help?

My parents have been abusing me for as long as I can remember. Every time I turn around my dad is yelling at me, calling me names or smacking me. I am planning on running away but I can't leave my brother and sister but at this point I have to do what's best for me. I really need help, should I stay here with my brother and sister or leave them?

Re: Help?

Hi,
    Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS), you are taking the right steps by reaching out to us. It is very brave of you to share this information with us, we are sorry that things are not working out for you.

Have you tried reaching out to the police or child protective services about the situation at home? They can help you talk about your options and where you can go from here. No one deserves to be abused or made fun of, just know that you are not alone and we are always here for you. We can see how this must be very stressful and overwhelming for you, but it shows your strength by not running away because of your brother and sister.

You mentioned running away, have you considered a place where you will be staying? Will you be safe? There are a numerous amount of scenarios to consider when you think about running away. Have you considered making a pros and cons list? Sometimes that will help you make up your mind about what to do.

Here at NRS, we are a 24/7 toll free safe line, and we will be able to assist you with any questions or concerns that you may have. The number is 1-800-RUNAWAY, we also have live chat sessions every day from 4:30 PM to 11:30 PM. Feel free to contact us to go through your options or to get more information if you feel like running away. We can provide you the best we can with the resources you may need like shelters or counseling services. It’s a stressful situation and we wish you the best.

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST and can be accessed here:

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X