•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod9
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    They say hit my sisters but i dont today my sister got push by my other sis and she is hurt so bad she cant move imma get beat even though it wasnt me what do i do p.s. no one likes me in the family

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you are dealing with a lot of trauma in your life between the abuse and the addictions and your own mental health. You are making a decision to remove yourself from that and you want some support for this decision and that’s understandable.

You mentioned you had attempted suicide. We just want to assure you that your life has value and whatever you are going through, it is not worth your life. If you feel you might attempt suicide again, please don’t hesitate to call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. They can help you.

You also mentioned your family and your mom’s boyfriend being abusive towards you. Abuse is never okay and you deserve to live your life in a place where you are safe. One thing you can consider is filing an abuse report with Child Help. You can reach them at 1-800-422-4453. Filing an abuse report would make a record of what happened.

You’re the only person who can answer if it’s the right thing for you to do, but it really sounds like you have a solid plan to complete your education while also keeping yourself safe. We are non-directive, which means we won’t tell you what to do.

However, we can mention some things to think about as you bring your plan to life. You may want to consider having a conversation with the person you are staying with to find out what they expect from you. Maybe they want you to chip in on rent or chores. Maybe they have rules they want you to be aware of.

You may want to consider getting a job if you are able to work in your state. A little money can help if you need to get home quick. There may be other things you’ll want to think about and you can call us anytime 24/7 if you want help going over your plan. We can be reached by phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY or for chat online at 1800runaway.org.

Guest replied
    Scared to actually run away

I'm a 16-year-old girl who lives with my mother, her boyfriend, my grandmother, uncle, auntie, and all their kids. You see my all the adults in my family are addicted to meth and my uncle and mother are mentally and emotionally abusive. They are narcissistic, selfish and impossible to talk to. I have tried everything. Even attempted suicide. And when we weren't with my family, my mom's boyfriend would hit us and do all this horrible ********. I moved to my grandmas to get away but my mother and her boyfriend followed. And I have already got my bags at my boyfriend and after a few days, I'm leaving with my best friend who lives an hour away from where I am at now. I just need to know if this is the right decision. I just plan on leaving for the summer and coming back to do all my junior and senior year classes online. After that I'm leaving for good. Is this the right thing to do? Because I can't deal with the drugs and abuse anymore.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Reply: I've always wanted to run away.

Hi,
    Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are in a tough situation and may be looking at running away as an option to help cope with everything. Running away is a big step and there are things to consider as far as your safety and ability to survive. You don’t deserve to be abused in any way. It’s not your fault that this is going on.
    We understand how difficult it must have be for you. Your feelings are important to us.
    You are very brave for expressing them. Good for you.
    NRS would like you to know we are here to support you at this difficult time.

Let us know how we might help, please contact us at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) orwww.1800Runaway.org (live chat).

NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We are here as support to help you and your friend through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Take care,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I've always wanted to run away. My parents have always had their thumb down on me, my dad's always been verbally abusive, and it hasn't been getting any better since I got into some trouble at school. I'm trying to build up the courage to run but I don't know how or what to do. If I try to talk to my parents about it they just make me feel like an idiot.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS feels it might be best to call or chat about your situation. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe, NRS

Guest replied
    Hello.
    I am 17 years old and a girl .I have been planning to escape or runaway since i was 6.Yeah.Things have not been good for me since forever. Not saying there haven't been any happy moments but i never felt that the house i live in is my home or the people i live with are my family.Although i love them all and i have been making sacrifices for them since i was a kid.I did all i could for them.Bit it's never enough.I get blamed, i don't have a life of my own.I am like a machine who 'll do whatever you say but i want this to change.So my mother asked me to do medical , currently m doing fsc but i don't want to do it.Its not that i never tried talking to her.I did , thousands of times but she won't listen.She always blackmails me whenever i tell her that i don't want to do it.I know she thinks the best for me but i also know that she asked me to do fsc so that my brother and sister can have a better life.Isnt that unfair.I have been depressed since as long as i can remember. It's like i contemplate suicide all the time but i know thats not the right path.I shouldn't die simply because i don't have a goodlife.But i want a life for myself for oncw i want to do something for myself. At this age i have so much responsibilities on my shoulder. I am scared to disappoint anyone but like that i am being unfair with myself. I think for once i deserve to be happy. I want to study arts
    I am good in it and ik ill be more successful in it but my mother simply won't listen.Half of my family thinks that i am insane . All i 've ever asked for is a simple life.I don't care about luxuries .Do i have decided to runaway , i ce been planning it since last year. and i think i am ready .But i am scared ...i cannot gather the courage to do it. I know that i have to do this because i don't have a future here and I'll end up going in depression .Its like i am being tortured mentally.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It takes great courage to reach out for help and we are glad that you decided to reach out for help.
    It sounds like you are going through a lot of stress at home that is making you think about leaving home. Talking to other family members or friends can be helpful in many situations. Running away can be hard in many situations. It can be helpful to think about where you might stay, how you might pay for food, and other living expenses. Being out on the street can be unsafe in many situations. While we are not legal experts speaking generally if you are to leave home without your parents’ permission the police can bring you back home and whoever you are staying with could be charged with harboring a runaway. It sounds like this has been effecting your mood. It can be helpful in many situation to talk to a therapist. You can contact your school counselor or SAMHSA at 1-877-726-4727.
    If it might be an option for you, you can also call us at our 24 hour confidential hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and we would be happy to listen to you, explore your options and provide any resources.
    We wish you the best and hope to hear from you soon.
    Best
    NRS

Guest replied
    I want to run away. Or just leave my parents some other way. I can tell that they hate me. Even if they don’t say anything. I feel like they are fed up with me being around. Plus I always make matters worse, so I don’t know whether I should stay at home anymore. You don’t have to answer me, there are probably a lot more other people who need a reply from you guys much more than I do.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod5
    Hey, there,
    Thank you for reaching out. It can be a difficult decision to leave home. It sounds like you’re uncertain about the details of where you’re going or how you might support yourself. If you ever need help safety planning, you can give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat feature on our website. We’re here to listen and help you find resources 24/7. Hope to hear from you soon. Stay safe!
    Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I want to run away but I don't have the courage I need to build my confidence to do it I don't know where I am going what I am doing for food or anything pretty much but I am planning on just taking what I can from home then bringing money to help me through all I need know is courage

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a bit about your situation.

From what you included in your email, you mentioned that you’re experiencing physical abuse at home. It’s understandable that you’re wanting to get away from that environment. Home should always be a safe place for you to be, abuse is never okay and you don’t deserve that treatment. You are always able to report the abuse that you’re going through to CPS or staff at school. You’re not alone in this, we are here to help, and there are other organizations here to help as well. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with someone you trust, as far as transferring custody.

If you feel like getting out of the house is the best option and you decide to run away, we can help find runaway/youth shelters in your area, so you can stay safe. Don’t hesitate to call into our safeline so we can connect you with those resources. We’re not legal experts, but as far as we know you can’t be arrested for running away. If you tell the police that you’re being hurt at home they won’t return you home without investigating first

We hope our response is helpful. Also, talking to school counselors and teachers about what’s going on at home could provide you with great support. You are not alone in this. You are always welcome to call into our 24/7 crisis center if you'd like to talk more about your situation.

Be safe, NRS

Guest replied
    i want to run away but im scared im getting abused punched in the face and they hit me in the face with a coffee mug because i talked out of turn in school i have people who will take me but it takes them 3 hours to get here

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod5
    Thanks so much for your message. It sounds like you’re having a really difficult time at home and it’s brave of you to reach out.

It sounds like you are having a hard time connecting with your mom since she married your stepdad. It must be frustrating to feel like your mom doesn’t understand what’s going on inside your head. You might consider reaching out to a therapist or a guidance counselor to help you both communicate with one another and share how you’ve been feeling. Here at NRS, we also have a conference call service; if you are interested, one of our trained liners can facilitate a call between you and your mom, as well as advocate for you and your needs.

You mention that you’ve been struggling with depression and sadness lately and that it’s been impacting your grades. Please know that you are not alone and that you deserve to feel happy in your home. While you’re going through this, you might consider letting your guidance counselor know what’s going on; sometimes teachers might be understanding and willing to compromise with you to get your grades up again. Again, you might consider confiding in a guidance counselor or a therapist. A great resource for locating a therapist in your area is the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: 1-877-726-4727. Another resource is the Suicide Prevention Lifeline, which can be helpful for people experiencing depression: 1-800-273-8255.

Thanks so much for writing in. If you ever need to talk, our hotline is 24/7. Our number is 1-800-786-2929. We know it takes a lot of courage to ask for help, and you deserve to feel heard and loved. Best of luck to you.
    -NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X