• Show
Clear All

i want to run away because my parents are mean to but I'm scared

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

We're glad you reached out to us. We'll try to help. It sounds like your parents are not supportive and you feel abused. It's understandable that you wouldn't want to stay with them. We are not legal experts but we know that running away is not a crime; it's a status offense. However, if your parents file a runaway report, the police might look for you and if they find you, they will most likely return you home.

If any abuse or harm is happening at home you have the right to report it. You might want to contact the Child Help Hotline at childhelp.org or call 1800-422-4453. They also have text services. You can also contact us on our safeline at 1800RUNAWAY to talk about the situation and see what options you might have. We are here 24/7 and are confidential.

Stay safe,
      NRS

I feel like i am a burden to my parents. They think i should be dead and i should not be in there life. It makes me want to run away too

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do.

We aren’t legal experts here at NRS, but generally speaking, if you do opt to leave your home your parents can file a runaway report, which is essentially a missing person report. Running away is a status offense; this means that it isn’t illegal, but it’s something you can’t do while still a minor. If a runaway report is filed and you are located by the authorities you will most likely be returned home.

It seems like your parents are not aware of how their attitude is coming off and how hurtful it is. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your family so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    I want to run away from home so badly. I’d rather stay with my aunt. My mother is bipolar and so is the rest of my family. Isn’t it true that your environment affects you? My mom always is angry about something. I don’t feel like I can even talk to anyone in my family if I’m ever depressed or feeling suicidal. If I talked to my mom about, she would get mad. I know this because my brother felt suicidal and she didn’t care. She said a few times to us all, “I feel like living on my own and leaving you guys behind!” Well why don’t I leave for her? This household will be fine without me. I’ve stayed somewhere else before employee monitoring software . But what I need right now is the courage to leave. I’m concerned about how I’m going to leave and when. Being around here at home isn’t the best for my mental health. And I’m 15.
    I understand you, this is very difficult ... my loved one also has bipolar disorder and she also says all sorts of unpleasant things, but I understand that this is all because of the illness, in fact, she thinks completely differently or simply cannot correctly formulate her own thoughts ... I try to accept it and rethink but it's hard for me too ...

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your response to another user’s post. Often forums are a place of support and understanding for many youth. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another. For anyone experiencing any difficulties or challenges, the National Runaway Safeline encourages youth to reach out to our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat for immediate services. Our number is 800-RUNAWAY or you can chat with us at www.1800RUNAWAY.org.
      Thank you,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X