My life is falling apart.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My life is falling apart.

Hi, I'm Garry. I'm 13 years old and a transboy. My parents and I fight a lot and my brother absolutely hates me. I dont feel like I can live in my house anymore and I don't know what to do.. I'm tired of crying every night.. I want to live with a friend or my uncle but he lives in another state..

re: My life is falling apart.

Hi Garry,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS), it is very brave of you to reach out and seek help. We are here to help and you are not alone.

It sounds like you are going through a very difficult time at home and like you don’t have much support. You mention you’re tired of crying every night and we can see how that must be overwhelming and exhausting. You shouldn’t feel like your family hates you, instead you should feel supported and celebrated. You say you can go live with a friend or an uncle, it sounds like they are supportive of you and accept you as you are. It is great to have a good support system when you are going through a difficult time like this.

Have you considered or heard of a support hotline that are available for the LGBTQ community? There is a hotline that is 24/7 that you are welcome to call that provides support and someone is always available to talk to you. It is called the GLBT National Hotline and the number is 1-888-843-4564. Perhaps when you are feeling down at night or just need someone to talk to it would be a great option for you. It might be helpful to think through who else you might be able to reach out to when you are feeling down.

We are also here to help, 24/7 and are completely toll free. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY and we also have live chat sessions every day from 4:30 PM to 11:30 PM CST. We will assist you the best we can with any questions or concerns you may have or if you need someone to talk to in general. We hope we were able to assist you with what it is you are looking for. Thank you for reaching out to us, and please do not hesitate to call. Stay strong, Garry and know that there is always someone available to talk to you. Count us among your supports.

Best of luck to you,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X