My Dad...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dad...

My dad and I have never really gotten along. We always argue and fight... This Friday, I went out to a concert. I came home and I had my friends explain something to him about Saturday.
    He felt "ganged up on". I can see how he would feel that way; it was 3 vs 2 (Dad's girlfriend). He got upset.
    We started arguing over how he felt.
    Some how the argument lead to the house. The house is in my dad's girlfriend's name. So I said "this isn't your house". That pushed him over the edge. He got inches away from my face. I get nervous when people are like this, I pushed him away. He shoved me down on the couch, hard enough for it to still hurt today.

I just don't know what to do..

He keeps threating to hurt me and to kick me out...

I just need some advice.

Re: My Dad...

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear that you and your dad are not getting along and that you felt physically unsafe in your home. It is never okay for anyone to push or hurt you.

Do you feel safe at home currently? To better assist you and explore some options, we would need to know some additional information about your situation.

We are here 24 hours, 7 days a week and are available through live catch until 11:30pm central time.
    Please feel free to reach out to us!

Best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hey FreeFlyer,

Understand that no form of someone hurting you is okay. Not verbally, mentally, physically, emotionally or any other way. You are valuable to the world, and deserve to have the opportunity to be successful, and opinionated.

I do understand that maybe you are correct in your Father feeling "ganged up on", but regardless, physical tactics are not a way to solve the issues.

If you feel safe at home, then try sitting down with your Father and discussing the incident that occurred and why you both felt threatened by the other, perhaps this will allow for the line of communication to open up, and you all to gain some understanding in how to best approach each other.

If this line of communication cannot be opened, and you are not feeling safe at home, you should resort to speaking to a teacher or school counselor that you feel comfortable confiding in.

I do understand though that this entire situation can be very scary no matter what the outcome.

Be safe, and courageous- but do not put yourself in a harmful situation.

Wishing you the Best.

Comment

Re:

Hi Katster -

Thank you so much for your thoughts and concerns. You make a lot of really good points and suggestions. It's always nice to know that there are others out there who care and are here to listen and support. We appreciate your post and your kind words.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X