Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't even know where to start

I think what I need right now is advice. I'm 17 years old and won't be 18 until early May. I live with my parents and 4 siblings. My step father has ALS and 2 of my siblings are 1 and 2 years old. I feel like I can't talk to anyone here at home or any other relatives. I don't really have close friends to talk to either. I typically have a difficult time explaining things or even talking about things because I can't trust anyone. I feel like running away is my only option. I battle depression every day and often think about suicide. There are many family issues that I can't handle and become far too overwhelming. I'm just so confused and don't know how to help myself or who to talk to.

re: I don't even know where to start

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through a difficult situation and we are here to help you. Not having someone to talk to must be difficult and were glad you reached out to us. Dealing with depression and suicide can also be hard to deal with, what types of things have you considered to deal with the depression and thoughts of suicide?

Here are a few resources for you to assist with dealing with suicide and depression. The suicide prevention life line offers a live chat between the hours of 2pm-2am eastern time at www.Suicidepreventionlifeline.org. Or you can contact the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK. These two resources will allow you to talk with someone in regards to your thoughts of suicide. They have a lot of experience talking with people who are feeling a lot like you are.

I know you discussed not being able to talk with anyone at home or any relatives about issues you’re having at home. Have you considered talking with someone from your school or in your neighborhood that you can trust? Like a teacher or a school counselor or a friend? In addition to these resources would you be willing to consider counseling as this will give you an opportunity to talk with someone outside of your family and friends. It sounds like you’re comfortable reaching out to us, thinking through other supports in your life can be a good option.

Again I want to thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline and know that we are here to help you. We are here 7 days a week and everything we discuss is confidential and anonymous. If you feel that you need additional resources or someone to talk with, please reach out to us at 1800-RUNAWAY. If calling isn’t your thing, you can chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm Central Time.

Good luck to you,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X