No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod4

    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

    It sounds like you have been going through a very trying time with your father.
    Legally NRS cannot give you advice since we are not legal experts however we do understand your feelings of frustration over this matter. There might be some legal aid referrals in your city and state so perhaps we can assist you in locating these services. That being said. In most states a youth that has been reported as a runaway with their local police department may be detained and returned home to their parent or guardian.

    We are sorry to hear that you have faced being abused by your father. We can only imagine how hurtful this has been for you. You do not deserve to be abused. We hope that you are safe and have a support base that brings some comfort to you.

    There are laws that protect minors from abuse you have the option of filing an abuse report stating child abuse. You can do this through your state Child Protective Service agency, police, school etc. as they are mandated to report child abuse.
    To report child abuse you can contact: Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453-
    You will be given information for the child protective service agency in your area.
    The National Runaway Safeline is a mandated child abuse reporting agency as well.
    We can assist you by taking your information and filing an abuse report on your behalf.
    Does that make sense?

    We understand if this might be something you need time to consider, we can provide other services and go over options with you.
    You might consider calling our 24hr crisis line 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) in hopes of getting some information and referrals for legal services. You can also speak more about your situation and explore some possible options. You can also reach NRS through our website
    NRs offers live chat services 7 days a week from 4:30pm until 11:30pm.
    Thank you again for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.
    Take Care

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

    Leave a comment:

  • Unregistered
    Guest started a topic Help


    I'm 17 and I ran away. My dad was abusive and very controlling and always took a women's side over his own kids. I've been bouncing from place to place because he called the cops on me and now I can't go anywhere and have any contact with anyone so the police can't find me. Can the police force me to come back home?. I'm trying to get married my boyfriend and I have been together for four years he's 16 and he has parental consent but can my mom sign for me ? She only has joint custody . Please help?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp