• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod15
    replied
    Re: Thinking about running away

Hello,

It sounds like you are going through a lot at home. No one deserves to be verbally abused. We are sorry to hear that this is happening.

We would be happy to explore some of the options you listed above. It may be helpful to give us a call so that we can have a better idea of your situation.

We can be reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST and can be accessed here: http://www.nrschat.org:88/chat/UserP...&d=&u=&bypass=

Best of luck,

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NRSOnlineServicesSurvey

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Thinking about running away

Thinking about running away

I am 15 years old and I am considering running away because my dad is verbally abusive I guess, I get grounded at least 6 times a month for the stupidest things like not picking up the living room or something. Him and his wife whom I hate because she is lazy and yells at me and steals from me and my dad but my dad gets a nice [Remove] out of her whenever he wants so he doesn't care about what she does. She smokes pot and stuff too while I'm home and my dad doesn't know or care. My step-mom and my dad argue all the time and go to the bar a lot and I can be left home alone from like 4 pm to 2 am. I have to basically clean the entire house and if I don't do one thing my dad freaks out and starts getting all up in my face a lot. I have been considering running away and staying with a friend up the street until my aunt can come and pick me up because I have talked to her about this and she says that I can live with her and she can go to court for custody of me. My dad gets drunk a lot also and gets mad at me for dumb stuff and he blames me for everything that goes wrong and tells me to move out and go live with my mom/ aunt and I'm really considering it.. What should I do?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X