Wanna run away?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna run away?

All my parents to is fight and call each other names. Both parents complain about each behind my back. All me and my mom do is argue and she always puts me down. I really wanna run away but wherever I run away too do they have to call my parents?

RE: Wanna run away?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard. It must be difficult for you to hear your parents complain about each other on constant bases. It sounds like you have a lot going on at home that is causing you a lot of stress. Also it’s great you are trying to figure out what is going to be the best option for you.

We are not legal experts and are unable to tell you what exactly could happen in your situation. However, we can speak generally about what might happen. Without knowing your age, most states the age of majority, when you are considered an adult and can make your own decisions on where to live, is 18. So, there is a possibility your mom could make a runaway report or make you return home. However, there are many states , sometimes it depends on the city or county, that have discrepancies between the age of majority and the age a youth is considered a runaway. The best thing to do is to contact your local police department on a non-emergency line and see if they would take a report or make a youth go back home depending on how close they are to 18.

If you would like to discuss your situation more in depth you can always contact us at out 24 hours hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (18007862929). We also have an online chat that is available from 4:30p-11:30p CST. All of our services are confidential and anonymous, but there is always someone here to help you talk through your next steps. We look forward to hearing from you.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X