concerned friend needs help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• concerned friend needs help

My best friend who lives 7 hours away from me just called me crying she said her dad was threatening to beat her (which is regular) she ran away she tried calling her mom but she didn't care she has no one and is alone in the forest

RE: Concerned Friend Needs Help

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you really care about your friend. You can always give her our phone number and she can talk to us about the options she has. We would be able to look up a shelter so she has a safe place to stay in rather than being outside.

You mentioned that her dad abuses her and she does not deserve to be treated that way or feel that way. No one deserves that. If she were to call us we could always explore options such as filing an abuse report.

If you our your friend would like to talk through options or have any questions, you can call us at anytime at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are completely confidential and anonymous. You can also chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm Central Standard Time. We look forward to hearing from you. Take care.

Best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X