Ill be 18 in 4 months anyways

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ill be 18 in 4 months anyways

I live in Colorado with my father and all my siblings my mother lives with us to but my parents aren't together. I was put on a hypothyroidsism medicine and my dad took it away so now i am really moody. I got into a fight with my dad the day he took my pills away. Hes always telling me that my mom need to leave and i need to go with her but as soon as i agree he says if i leave he will call me in as a runaway. what can i do? can i leave with my mom or will i get in trouble?

RE: Ill be 18 in 4 months anyways

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time out to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. After reading about your situation, it sounds like things right now are difficult for you. From what you told us, sounds like you really care about taking and saying on top of your medication. It shows how mature and responsible you are, which is definitely something to be proud of. Do the fights between you and your father happen often?

Unfortunately we are not legal experts here at NRS, so we can’t tell you in definite terms what would happen in to you if you were to leave your father’s house and live with your mother. Assuming that you father has legal custody of you and your mother doesn’t or if your father is listed as a primary guardian and your mother is secondary guardian, then your father does have a right to file you as a runaway

Now since we can’t tell you in definite terms what would happen, we usually suggest that you get into contact with your non-emergency police number for your area to get more of a solid answer to your question. Sometimes they view 17 year olds as adults and won’t take any action when they decide to move out of the house. . Have you tried discussing the situation with your mother? If you and your mother were to leave the home, what do you think your father would do?

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST and can be accessed here: http://www.nrschat.org:88/chat/UserP...&d=&u=&bypass=

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NRSOnlineServicesSurvey
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X