i need to leave but i dont know where to go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need to leave but i dont know where to go

im 17 soon to be 18 so i dont know if running away would still be considered that since supposedly 18 is the legal age of leaving?
    i have a lot of right with my parents and sisters, whether they're petty fights or serious big ones, i feel that it is because i have serious anger issues. tonight, i got into an argument with one of my sisters which resulted in being this huge that eventually involved my parents. it has always felt as though my parents always take my sisters' side no matter what, and tonight was no different. ive been in the situation of just wanting to leave home completely but i never actually do, i feel really different about that tonight because it actually got to the point where i verbally expressed how much i hated everyone in live with and how much i dont want to live with them anymore and my dad basically said "well theres the door." i cant live in a house where everyone either has their back towards me or having their fingers pointed at me. i dont have any money though, and no where to go, all i know is that i cant stay in this house anymore or i feel that it would lead to me doing something worse just to find a way out.

Re: I need to leave, but I don't know where to go

Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline where we’re here to listen and here to help. We are sorry to hear that you’ve been having a tough time at home with your parents and sister and that you feel blamed and that you have very little support. It is very brave of you to reach out for help!

It seems like you are at a point where you are considering running away or ‘doing something worse’ to change your situation. It is great that you feel such discontent with your situation and such a strong desire to change it. This is usually the first step toward change. If this something worse is suicide, we encourage you to contact the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255).

If you are concerned about whether your age factors into your ability to receive housing or services, the good news is that there are supportive resources available for people at all ages. In your case too, there is shelter available for youth 21 and under. Youth who leave home who are beneath the age of majority in their state (which in most cases is 1, are considered runaways because it is illegal for them to leave home without the permission of a parent or guardian. Youth who are above the age of majority who choose to leave home would not be considered runaways, but may be considered missing adults if family members and loved ones didn’t know they left willingly. Here is an example of the advice given to loved ones if they suspect an adult they know is missing: https://www.ncdps.gov/index2.cfm?a=0...,000081,000253.

We would love to explore your situation and circumstances more by phone or by chat so that we can best connect you to those resources that you deem are most appropriate and unique to you. Our phone number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929), and we’re available 24/7. If you would prefer to chat, we’re available everyday from 4:30pm-11:30pm CST. We hope to hear from you soon!

Best,

The National Runaway Safeline
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X