I want out.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want out.

I am 14 and i feel completely trapped in my house. My mom and i have a horrible relationship and my dad isnt around. Were either ok and gettinv along , screaming at each other, or completely ignoring one another. She isnt understanding at all. I am attempting to recover from both depression and self harm and she isnt very helpful. Most nights i cry myself to sleep because of my situation. I have an older sister(29) that we spend time with but im usually ignored when that happens. When i try telling her she just defends my mom. I have contemplated running away multiple times, and even just leaving for a week or so. I dont want to throw away my future. Iwant to continue going to school. I have also thought of moving in with my sister but i doubt shed let me. I am completely lost. I just dont feel accepted or wanted here. I dont know if its "just a phase" but i feel awful. The only relief i get is the time i spent at my local boys and girls club. I cant find myself abondoning that either. Can you offer any advice specific to my situation? Thank you.

Re: I want out.

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you have been having a tough time at home. You mentioned that you are recovering from depression and self harm. It is good that you are working through that, and if you ever need help, you can call us 24 hours a day at the National Runaway Safeline. We can talk to you and look for resources in your area if you need more help. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY.

It is good to hear that you have a support system in your local boys and girls club. You may consider speaking to your mentor there about your situation. They might have suggestions for help available in your area. You also mentioned that you want to keep going to school; you could speak to your school counselor or social worker. They also would have suggestions for things specific to your area.

It sounds like you are trying to communicate with your mom and your sister, but they are not always receptive. It can be frustrating to not feel listened to; it is possible that it will get better if you keep trying to talk with them. It sounds like you are really strong as you are going through this tough time. You can always call us if you need to talk.

Good luck and stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X