X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unregistered
    Guest replied
    My mom has told my dad about counseling but my dad refuses to take it. I honestly don't want to talk to them about it because I know them and they won't understand. They'll probably consider therapy just for me. And if I tell them I feel mentally abused by all this, they'e just gonna say therapy. I honestly don't want to live with them anymore. I just talked to my boyfriend and he said I can stay over whenever I want, his mom would be okay with it, but my mom would call the police if she found out if I was gone and I wouldn't want him or his family to get in trouble or involved. Is mental abuse illegal? Is there anyway I can get sent somewhere else like a foster home or somewhere where runaways live? I'm running out of options. I love my parents so much and I know I would never forgive myself for this, but I just can't anymore. I need help.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod14
    replied
    Re: i cannot live here anymore

Hey,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you have been going through a lot at home and we are sorry to hear that. It has got to be really difficult to experience verbal and mental abuse from your parents. We are here to help you out the best that we can.

So it sounds like it has been really difficult being at home because your parents are fighting, and they are also making you feel badly about spending time with friends over the summer. It is understandable that you would not want to spend time at home if all they are doing is fighting when you are there. It is good to know that you have such support from your friends. Do you talk to them about what is going on? If not, is there anyone else that you feel like you can talk to about this? You have taken a really great step by contacting us, and we want to support you and help you out the best that we can.

It sounds like you have a lot that you want to stay to your parents, have you tried to communicate your feelings to them before? Sometimes this can be a hard thing to do, and we understand that. Here at NRS, we offer conference calling. That means that if you were to call into our 24/7, anonymous and confidential hotline at 1800runaway, we could call out to a guardian with you and facilitate a conversation between the two of you, and mediate to make sure that you are being heard in everything that you want to communicate. Have you ever explored the option of family counseling? Here at NRS we have a large database of different resources, including counseling services. If this is an option you would like to discuss further, or would like resources in your area, we would be happy to locate some close to you.

You said that you just want to leave the house. Have you thought about where you would go if you did run away from home? We will not tell you what to do, whether or not you should leave home because you know your situation better than we do. We just want to make sure that you are safe in whatever decision you make. We are here 24/7, and our line is confidential and anonymous at 1800runaway. We also have a chat option available from 4:30pm to 11:30pm CST through our website at 1800runaway.org. Please call or chat us if you would like to talk further or if we can provide you any local resources. We are here to listen and here to help.

Good luck and stay safe,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest started a topic I cannot live here anymore

I cannot live here anymore

Hi I just turned 16 years old in May and I cannot stand my parents anymore. To start off, they treat me as if I was steal a very little child. My mom barely let's me go anywhere with friends or do anything. She doesn't let me walk to some stores that are about 3 blocks from my house by myself. She doesn't let me sleepover friends house. I don't really party or drink or smoke. I have to lie to my parents about where I go and who I'm with because of the fact they don't let me go anywhere and I don't like that. My dad is mentally abusive. I understand parents get mad and yell at their kids but my dad, that's a whole different story. I don't think fathers should scream that bad and swear and threat. Today, my sister wanted her friend's mom to start to give her a ride (she's 14) to school so they can go together and my mom said no that she's going to take her and my sister started to say that she's going with her friend and that's when my dad started yelling and swearing and saying such horrible things. My dad's always been this way but I'm just getting sick of it, and my mom. I don't get really good grades in school and that's one reason why they are how they are, but it's just hard. & my parents think I'm getting worse only because they're getting worse. I hate coming home and to listen to everyone tell and argue, that's one reason why I've been hanging out with friends so much lately and they don't like it. It's summer and I guess they prefer me being in my room doing nothing. I already went through depression and I don't want to go through it again because I'm so unhappy at home. I do have a boyfriend that I see a lot and I tell my mom I'm going with a girl and she doesn't know. I just don't know what to do anymore. Earlier this summer, my mom and dad were going to split up because of how much they argue and my mom dad was going to leave, but my dad is really sick with low potassium so he has to go to the doctors often so they can inject him potassium and it causes something with how the nerves work and that's why his Bad temper gets worse and that's the only reason my mom is still with him because of the putty she feels for him and she told me that herself. She doesn't think he's going to last that much long anymore but I just don't care anymore. I just want to leave the house. It's not right for a 16 year old to not want to come home because of all the mental abuse at home. I don't know what to do.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
x
x
Working...
X