No announcement yet.

I don't want to be near my family anymore

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want to be near my family anymore

Ever since about 4th grade my parents have been emotionally abusive towards me, they put down my dreams and goals and replace them with there own. My Brothers are rude and Plain mean without a concern for me and I don't want to live with them any longer. But I don't have anywhere else to go cause I'm only 13. And when I try to talk to them they either completely ignore me or act like what I say and my opinion isn't worth listening to. I have thought about running away But It's not like I could get a job at 13 nor Have a safe place to go. The "Friends" I have wouldn't do a thing for me either. And if I run away from my family I can't go to school. So It's like This And I Don't Know What to Do Anymore

RE: I don't want be near my family anymore

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like things at home are getting tough and you are looking for places to go. You are correct that it would be difficult to get into a shelter or find a job at 13. You do have the right to feel safe in your own home. It sounds like you have tried talking to them and it does not help. Would you consider telling a trusted teacher or counselor what has been going on?

Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we cannot tell you what you should do. We can however help you come up with a safe plan for what to do next. We can be reached at any time at 1-800-RUNAWAY(786-2929) or by live chat at www.1800runaway.org from 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck.

- NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I don’t want to be near my family anymore either andi’m 15. They always make me feel really bad about myself or the mistakes that i’ve made and I don’t even want to be around them because they always have something to say to me that makes me feel bad and i don’t know what i’m doing wrong. I don’t feel any connection with my family and I feel like ever since my dad left it’s because of that. I want to move out but I know i can’t. My sister and mom want to send me to “boot camp” or a “juvinelle center” and I haven’t even done anything bad, If they are horrible to me i’ll say something but they think I’m such a bad kid when i’m really just stressed and everything and everyone is so hard on me. I cant even talk to my family because they judge me. Please help me

Comment

• ccsmod5
        ccsmod5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, there,
        Thank you for reaching out. It sounds like your family is not giving you the love and support that you deserve, which must be very hurtful and frustrating. One option is to ask another adult to help you talk to your mom about how you’ve been feeling, like a teacher you trust or a school counselor. Another option might be going to family therapy. If you would be interested, we also mediate conversations between parents and youth here at NRS.
        Thank you again for reaching out. We hope this was helpful and we encourage you to reach out by phone if you need additional resources or need help figuring out your options. Our number is 1-800-786-2929 and our lines are always open. If you have a moment, we'd appreciate your feedback of our crisis services at the following link:
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
        Stay safe!

I have a dream that I want to pursue but my parents never allow me to do anything related with my dream and they always try to replace my dream with a future that they want me to have. I’m 15 so I can’t really do much and every little mistake I make or every little thing I don’t do perfectly I get yelled at for and they make me feel bad about myself even though everyday I study hard at school study and I have good grades and I do all my chores even make dinner most of the times for them but all they ever do is make me feel bad about myself and yell mean things towards me, it feels like they really don’t care about me and all I am here for is to do the work that they don’t want to do. they’ve given me so much stress before I couldn’t focus during state testing and almost failed the test they put so much stress on me and with school putting stress on me I’ve just become so lonely because I can never do anything with my friends with how much I have to do and most of the people at my school hates me and I’ve become depressed for a while since 7th grade to the start of my freshman year but I can’t go anywhere.
      Last edited by ccsmod4; 01-04-2019, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Reply: I have a dream that I want to pursue

Hello,
        Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like things at home have you stressed out and you are unsure about what to do. Sometimes things may feel a bit overwhelming but perhaps there may be some options as to how you might get your parent’s to listen and understand the stress you are feeling.
        We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. If you would like to talk more about your situation and go over some options that might help build a way to make change, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
        You did a wonderful job reaching out and expressing yourself. Good for you.
        We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
        NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X