Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help for a friend.

One of my best friends has been going through some rough times at home and I'm wondering what she can do about it. She lives with her boyfriend and her mother and father she's sixteen years old. What I know is that when she was younger and even recently her father has physically and sexually abused her, also her boyfriend abuses her almost nightly and the father or mother won't do anything about it because from what I've gathered the parents always wanted a son and they found it in the boyfriend. the boyfriend won't admit to it but I don't talk to him much and certanily not about that and I rarely talk to the father but she's shown me the brusies and they are undenialably knuckle brusies, ones that you can't do to yourself. So she told me yesterday that her father had gone out of town and her mother has been in rehab for a drunken car accident which was her fault. So she's home with the boyfriend who beats her daily. From what she's told me tonight they got into it agian and when he beat her last night he drove off and didn't come back till today and when he did he said something like " You made me sprain my wrist last night now you're in trouble. " Or something like that, so he started hitting her and she kicked him off her and ran to and locked the bathroom and called the police and and her father knows what's going on and ignores it so when she called the police apperently her father had talked to them earlier and told them that she might contact them and that it would be a fake call and they shouldn't resopnd so they didn't come and he broke the door and continued hitting her and then this morning when the boyfriend had happened to leave she called DHS and got the same response. She was telling me this so I told her to call Women's Crisis and she did and got the same response again. So now I really have no idea what to do.
    Is there anything she or I can do?
    I'm really concerned.

Re: I need help for a friend.

Hi,
    we're sorry to hear about the terrible situation your friend finds herself in and we commend your efforts
    in trying to find some options for her. Have you talked to your parents in an effort to get they're advise on
    what they might do to help? Perhaps a call to the authorities from an adult could help them to see this as the serious and hurtful situation that demands they're immediate response. When did you last talk to your friend?
    Should you talk to her please give her our 1-800-Runaway 24hr Hotline number. We are hear to listen and
    to help her with referrals for services concerning her safety like conferencing calls to the proper authorities if she wants to file any abuse or assault reports. We are very concerned about your friend's safety. Has she ever gone to a teacher, school counselor or principal about the abuse she has received from her father and boyfriend? From what you wrote she sounded like she was beat up pretty bad do you think she would call 911
    for medical attention? It is our hope your friend gets the help she needs and we are here 24hrs at 1-800-Runaway if you want to talk about options for your friend. Listed are two referrals:

Thanks,
    NRS
    Child Help USA
    1-800-422-4453
    National Teen Dating Abuse Hotline
    1-866-331-9474
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Thank for the quick resopnse.
      Yes I have thought about that and I have talked to my parents and I'll try it to call the athoruities tomorrow.
      I talked to her last at about Three A.M. this morning and that was to tell me what I mentioned in the first post.
      If I talk to her again I will give her the number but she's concerned about how much influence her father has she's afraid to trust anyone right now really.
      And she dropped out of school because she was raped.
      So she doesn't have that option.
      And I imagine she has but like I said after the police turned her down when she needed it the most she's pretty afraid right now.

Thank you for the referals I'll check them out and give them to her.
      Thank you for the help.

Comment

Thank you for posting another bulletin. You are a great friend and it seems like your friend has trust in you. Trust can be hard to have when it has been broken in the past. We are here 24 hours, 7 days a week at 1800-RUNAWAY (1800-786-2929). Everyone that calls our hotline can remain anonymous and what is talked about is kept confidential. We hope to hear from you soon and your friend is welcome to call us. Best wishes and take care.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
        x
        x
        Working...
        X