My mother is abusive and i'm in the closet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mother is abusive and i'm in the closet

I have aspergers and anxiety, i'm a closeted trans queer teen, and my mother is abusive. i want to run away, because there's no support for me here and i'm scared for my own safety. i have only about $400 available to me, but i have means of escape and a few places to go

RE: My mother is abusive and i'm in the closet

It sounds like you're going through a very difficult time. We are glad that you wrote to us, and we are here to help. You said that your mother is abusive. Have you ever told anyone about the abuse, like a friend or a teacher? If not, do you have anyone that you can confide with? You are very brave and strong for wanting to get away from the abuse. You also sound very worried about your safety. There could be shelters in your area specifically for abused kids/teens. At some shelters, they even provide counseling. If you want to report the abuse, we can help you file a report with the child protective services in your area. We aren’t lawyers but usually when a youth runs away they could get into legal trouble. If you are under the age of 18 it is Illegal to leave home without a parent or gaurdains permission. However, since your mother is abusive your case may be different. We also have some LGBTQ support hotlines that we can give you . We have a 24/7 hotline where you can talk to us about wha’ts going on. If you want, you can always call our number at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat with us between 4:30pm and 11:30pm CST on www.1800RUNAWAY.org and we can talk about your options.We’re anonymous and confidential and would love to talk through some of these issues with you.

Best of luck,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X