My mom can be mean.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom can be mean.

My mom is mean some times! If we take to long to clean she'll be like" Use your brain don't be so stupid". Some times it makes me cry myself to sleep. She is meaner to my sister and both of us are afraid to tell her it hurts us. I've thought of running away on and off since I was 8 but I am not sure what I'll do or if the situation calls for it. My dad is nice but my mom can be mean. She was mean to me at my tenth birthday in front of my friends. So I don't know what to do. Please help?

Re: My mom can be mean.

Thanks for sharing a bit about your situation with us. It sounds like you are going through a tough time at home right now, especially with your mom. You feel like your mom is mean sometimes and it sounds like there are times where she really hurts your feelings. It’s understandable that you are upset and even that you have thought about leaving because of it. You mentioned that you are afraid to talk with her but it seems like it’s also important to let her know when she is hurting your feelings because she may not know she is doing that. It sounds like you have a good relationship with your dad, do you think it would be an option to reach out to him first and maybe he can support you in talking with your mom?

Keep in mind that you can always contact us at our 24 hour hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you would like some extra support. We also have our live chat available from 4:30p to 11:30p CST. Our services are confidential and anonymous and there is always someone here to listen and talk through safe options with you. That could even include doing a CC with you and your parent if that is something you would like to do. Feel free to reach out to us anytime. There is always someone here to help. Take care.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X